What's new

Why should hafiz-e-Quran students be given extra marks: SC

No and No and day is of judgement is not far when Hafiz of Quran being disrespected

regardless of the intention no one can memorise Quran by heart unless he is blessed

By showing respect and giving Hafiz of Quran extra income is a reward for them which show our gratitude to them

The 2nd Rightly Guided Caliph and leader of the Believers Umar Bin Khattab RA gave all Hafiz of Quran a extra stipend to cover their expenses

and no one was more just than Umar Bin Khattab RA May Allah be pleased with him
I spent most of my life in Saudi Arabia and the Saudi government used to pay children for studying the Holy Quran and they used to pay even more to those trying to become Hafiz. The problem with this method is that many children end up only studying Quran to earn money. Before I speak for anyone else I should speak for myself, I was heavily motivated by this money, so much so that I was learning Quran solely for the money instead of pleasing Allah. At that point, I was studying Quran to earn enough money to buy more and more HotWheels toy cars instead of pleasing Allah and this is so wrong on so many levels. This is a huge problem, this is not what the Holy Quran was sent to us for. Children should be educated about the importance of learning the Holy Quran. Children must understand why they are studying the Holy Quran before they actually start studying it.

Are you serious?

He demonstrated himself to be incapable of progressing forward the moment he couldn't achieve the minimum required pass mark, whereas others could.

That is enough to tell you that there are people more suited to be accepted than him, who are more capable in the field and have likely worked harder. It shows that he may struggle going forward with the increased work load and difficulty, and his knowledge in the field was evidently lacking.

Having memorised the Quran is irrelevant to the field he is pursuing otherwise it would be part of the curriculum. This is not Quran classes, it's a STEM field.

The same people advocating for ruining the selection process will be the same ones wondering why the country is going to shit...
Relax brother. Dont exagerate.

On what basis r u calling hafiz a failure ? No failure is being admitted to medical college. He is just being given 20 numbers for an additional qualification in which he invested 3 to 4 years of his life and has got exceptional memory.

Yes hifz has nothing to do with medical sciences but so is english literature, urdu, pakistan studies and other such subjects but noone riase any objection over it.

If anyone want to get these extra 20 marks then he is welcome to invest 3 to 4 years of life and he can also get them if he is capable to become hafiz but for your information failure to become hafiz is much higher than failure of 12th grade.

Logic is simple he has an extra qualification so he is getting extra marks.

I think Pakistan will grow out of this. It's just a phase.
I'm not so sure.
Logic and rationality have fallen off a cliff.
I have phases where I dip in and out of PDF.
The reason for the dipping out is that the twisted and warped logic and reasoning of posters does my head in.
This thread is a very good example.
I think I'm due another PDF holiday soon.

1642201392262.png

I spent most of my life in Saudi Arabia and the Saudi government used to pay children for studying the Holy Quran and they used to pay even more to those trying to become Hafiz. The problem with this method is that many children end up only studying Quran to earn money. Before I speak for anyone else I should speak for myself, I was heavily motivated by this money, so much so that I was learning Quran solely for the money instead of pleasing Allah. At that point, I was studying Quran to earn enough money to buy more and more HotWheels toy cars instead of pleasing Allah and this is so wrong on so many levels. This is a huge problem, this is not what the Holy Quran was sent to us for. Children should be educated about the importance of learning the Holy Quran. Children must understand why they are studying the Holy Quran before they actually start studying it.
I don’t think any of these kids in maddaras or even home schooled Hafiz went through Hifz course with their free will. Regular School isn’t much different. As a child, you do as told. Saudi govt is just facilitating & rewarding those that chose this route. Nothing wrong in it.

Dead Silence.

Doesn't minority quota hurt Muslims?

It does not. It is there for the proportional representation of minorities in the mechanism of the state which would otherwise not be possible given the unequal playing field the said minorities are subjected to. Level the playing field and the quota will go with it. It also does not undermine merit. The minority reps appointed on the quota are still appointed on merit. It is there to give them what they deserve and that which is their right.

Allotting extra marks to a student for being a Hafiz not only is moronic for very obvious reasons, it is undeserved and against everything that an academic environment stands for. What's next? Brownie points for having a beard? Reciting a Hamd in the middle of an exam?

@krash Can you shed some enlightened moderation to this issue? since your friend has presumably lost his ability to type. (Let's pray Ya Science please help Mr Agnostic muslim)

As I've suggested before, attack the argument not the arguer. It only shows you in lesser light.

Don't know the issue here- giving 15-20 extra marks for hifz isn't hurting anyone

Except for the patient this Hafiz is in elbows deep, reciting Surah Baqarah from heart to make up for his lack of ability. And that other guy who got left out of the program because he would have had to perform his duties without barkat.

No and No and day is of judgement is not far when Hafiz of Quran being disrespected

regardless of the intention no one can memorise Quran by heart unless he is blessed

Have you heard of the hafiz who molests children? Or the one who steals from the Masjid's budget? Maybe the one who exploded in a market?

There is no place for dogma in Islam or debate.

The 2nd Rightly Guided Caliph and leader of the Believers Umar Bin Khattab RA gave all Hafiz of Quran a extra stipend to cover their expenses

and no one was more just than Umar Bin Khattab RA May Allah be pleased with him

He did that because at the time the Quran was orally recorded, preserved, and transmitted. The huffaz were providing a valuable service without compensation and income. None of that applies today.

Last edited:
You telling me the difference between passing and failing is if the student is a hafiz?

So producing incapable medics who would harm their patients?
The vast majority of Pakistani medical graduates are already incapable medics, who often do end up harming patients. If my housejob experience tells me anything...its that about 20% of MBBS grads do not have the bare minimum work ethic required to be a capable Dr, a further 20% do not have the minimum moral substance required to be a healthcare worker, a further 20% do not have the necessary knowledge/skills required at that level (nor the desire to acquire them) and another 10% have the trifecta of the above. That leaves about 30% of MBBS grads who will go on to become capable (though not necessarily successful) Drs. This may vary from institution to institution but I would hazard a guess at this being a good approximation. As for the Drs lacking the moral substance....I have seen very very few religious persons who fall in this category.

I am happy Justice Qazi Faiz Isa is having a hearing on this important issue

Instead of lesser important issue like how his wife managed to buy apartments in London
bhai this issue is top priority this is real judge work in Pakistan other than facilitating corrupts and murderers!

what naa pak turds our judiciary is!
He did that because at the time the Quran was orally recorded, preserved, and transmitted. The huffaz were providing a valuable service without compensation and income. None of that applies today.
the most valuable service hafiz provide today is pray namaz e janaza of our parents because we never bothered to read quran we are okay with extra marks for scouts but 20 marks for hafiz is a national issue!!

kawa halal hai ya haram baghdad all over again!

gg Pakistan no wonder we are so fked up we still dont fully know either we are a Islamic state or still sucking western ideology!

I think Pakistan will grow out of this. It's just a phase.

Islam is just a phase, right?

Like how you experiment with drugs as a teenager then grow out of it, it's a phase.

It makes sense now why you love Imran Khan so much. The clean shave modern look hehe

Anyway, doctors who are hafiz-e-Quran become the most compassionate and kind people. And anyone who has a problem with this, remember this.

In afterlife, Hafiz e Quran will be given distinction too. If the distinction they get in this world burns you so much, imagine your condition in next life too. Because the love and respect and admiration Hafiz e Quran get is because of their knowledge of Holy Quran.
Burn liberals, Burn

It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The people should be led in prayer by the one among them who has the most knowledge of the Book of Allaah; if they are equal in knowledge of the Qur’aan, then by the one who has most knowledge of the Sunnah; if they are equal in knowledge of the Sunnah, then by the one who migrated (made hijrah) first; if they are equal in terms of hijrah, then by the one who became Muslim first. No man should lead another in prayer in his domain of authority, or sit in his place in his house, except with his permission.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 673)

Last edited:
It does not. It is there for the proportional representation of minorities in the mechanism of the state which would otherwise not be possible given the unequal playing field the said minorities are subjected to. Level the playing field and the quota will go with it. It also does not undermine merit. The minority reps appointed on the quota are still appointed on merit. It is there to give them what they deserve and that which is their right.

Allotting extra marks to a student for being a Hafiz not only is moronic for very obvious reasons, it is undeserved and against everything that an academic environment stands for. What's next? Brownie points for having a beard? Reciting a Hamd in the middle of an exam?

As I've suggested before, attack the argument not the arguer. It only shows you in lesser light.

Except for the patient this Hafiz is in elbows deep, reciting Surah Baqarah from heart to make up for his lack of ability. And that other guy who got left out of the program because he would have had to perform his duties without barkat.

Have you heard of the hafiz who molests children? Or the one who steals from the Masjid's budget? Maybe the one who exploded in a market?

There is no place for dogma in Islam or debate.

How is giving quota to minorities right but giving mere 20 marks out of 1100 to a hafiz wrong? What level playing field are u talking about? I can give examples where dirt poor muslim students perform better and yet a hindu or Christian gets admission because of quota and the talented, poor from uneven playing field is left behind. Why are sportsmen given quota in fields like engineering? What does sports have to do with it? Why are quotas given to judges or sons of teachers? Its funny how u justify one but oppose the other.
Memorizing Quran is no easy task and if a student who has done it, along with his school/college studies deserves a pat on the back in an Islamic republic.

Islam is just a phase, right?

Like how you experiment with drugs as a teenager then grow out of it, it's a phase.

It makes sense now why you love Imran Khan so much. The clean shave modern look hehe

Anyway, doctors who are hafiz-e-Quran become the most compassionate and kind people. And anyone who has a problem with this, remember this.

In afterlife, Hafiz e Quran will be given distinction too. If the distinction they get in this world burns you so much, imagine your condition in next life too. Because the love and respect and admiration Hafiz e Quran get is because of their knowledge of Holy Quran.
Burn liberals, Burn

It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The people should be led in prayer by the one among them who has the most knowledge of the Book of Allaah; if they are equal in knowledge of the Qur’aan, then by the one who has most knowledge of the Sunnah; if they are equal in knowledge of the Sunnah, then by the one who migrated (made hijrah) first; if they are equal in terms of hijrah, then by the one who became Muslim first. No man should lead another in prayer in his domain of authority, or sit in his place in his house, except with his permission.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 673)
our country is increasingly becoming secular and liberal. Slowly and steadily Islamic practices will be ceased to exist near the final hour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom