What's new

Why should hafiz-e-Quran students be given extra marks: SC

To promote Hifz e Quran?
Simple.
That should be left to the individual and the parents. And while I have an immense dislike for Justice Issa, he is correct in his observations here.

Religion and/or religious studies or religious knowledge of any kind should play absolutely no role in education or employment outside of education pertaining to said religion.
Don't know the issue here- giving 15-20 extra marks for hifz isn't hurting anyone
It hurts those who aren't Muslim or those who (for whatever reason) never finished Hifz-e-Quran.

This logic should apply to all religions and beliefs, Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, should be rewarded for memorising their scripture or even some other book like the constitution.
Gotcha. They don't even need to. Minorities already have reserved seats without memorizing anything

I personally know many hafiz i quran (in UK and in Pakistan) who drink, do drugs, f anything on two legs given half a chance, and have achieved absolutely nothing else in their lives other than the claim to know quran by memory.
What's your problem with that? Let them live their lives as they want. They will be answerable to God not you. If they are not harming anyone then its nobody's business except Allah whatever they do.

Last edited:
A good memory doesn't equal a sharper mind.
It's just a good memory.
A sharp mind is something entirely different.
Honestly tell me what is the selection criteria of Pakistani universities?
In that case marks got in english, urdu and other irrelevant subjects should also be excluded.

Its simple a qualification. Even terms of capability memorizing such a big book word by word is amazing

Same can be said by anything or any subject.

Its the issue of the person not the qualification itself. Dont make your opinion and spread it based on a thin minority.
Spot on
Ok. That doesn't qualify you or me to be a doctor. The student can show their dedication, hard work, and memory by memorising content from their textbooks if they want to score high marks and be a doctor. However, I'm sure religious institutions will give extra credit.
How does memorizing Urdu ghazals help in becoming a good doctor?

That should be left to the individual and the parents. And while I have an immense dislike for Justice Issa, he is correct in his observations here.

Religion and/or religious studies or religious knowledge of any kind should play absolutely no role in education or employment outside of education pertaining to said religion.

It hurts those who aren't Muslim or those who (for whatever reason) never finished Hifz-e-Quran.
What is your opinion on minority quota in education dear Mr. Adviser?

What's wrong if few marks are given to honour some one who have memorized the Book of Hidaya and Hiqmat , after all constitutionally we are still Islamic republic of Pakistan not secular republic of Pakistan, memorizing few book of this world can earn someone a elite job or memorizing few law books can make this moron a judge why is he worried of 20 marks for memorizing the Book of God ,same salve mentally to show his bosses look I Am a secular please please support me to become CJP of Pakistan, western attention seeker BayFaiz Essa, Dhobi ka katta na ghar ka na ghat ka , Neither he will get this world nor hereafter, This jude should write a will that',when ever I die don't recite Quran for my magfirat because I don't wanted the memorizing of the Quran to be flourished""

This jude should write a will that',when ever I die don't recite Quran for my magfirat because I don't wanted the memorizing of the Quran to be flourished""
Bingo!

There are so many cases of common people pending in courts and instead of finding ways to expedite those and providing people with 'sasta insaaf' these lanati judges have become too political and poke their noses in random stuff to gain brownie points.

Last edited:
Gotcha. They don't even need to. Minorities already have reserved seats without memorizing anything

What's your problem with that? Let them live their lives as they want. They will be answerable to God not you. If they are not harming anyone then its nobody's business except Allah whatever they do.

Medical colleges are exempted from the quota. Besides you should agree with what I'm saying since apparently memorising scripture is surely proof of superior memory and intelligence regardless of religion.

Not if you're pulling numbers out of your .....where the sun don't shine

Every time you meet a Pakistani hafiz from now on (Brelvi - majority - and Deobandi specifically), ask if they understand the meanings of the Ayah they memorised! I have asked many and I know for definite that during Hifz or immediately after they do not even once read the translation of Quran.

Btw, have you read any translation of Quran?

Then don't give preferential treatment to every person that memorises the Quran, but rather require each of those individuals to meet the same entrance criteria as the rest of the world.

Exposing the truth to prevent an injustice is not slander.
Why treat the same to other persons when he has demonstrated to be more capable then others. He did memorized a whole book word by word in a foreign language. Others dont. So he is superior to others even from worldly competencies.

Why treat the same to other persons when he has demonstrated to be more capable then others. He did memorized a whole book word by word in a foreign language. Others dont. So he is superior to others even from worldly competencies.
Are you serious?

He demonstrated himself to be incapable of progressing forward the moment he couldn't achieve the minimum required pass mark, whereas others could.

That is enough to tell you that there are people more suited to be accepted than him, who are more capable in the field and have likely worked harder. It shows that he may struggle going forward with the increased work load and difficulty, and his knowledge in the field was evidently lacking.

Having memorised the Quran is irrelevant to the field he is pursuing otherwise it would be part of the curriculum. This is not Quran classes, it's a STEM field.

The same people advocating for ruining the selection process will be the same ones wondering why the country is going to shit...

Every time you meet a Pakistani hafiz from now on (Brelvi - majority - and Deobandi specifically), ask if they understand the meanings of the Ayah they memorised! I have asked many and I know for definite that during Hifz or immediately after they do not even once read the translation of Quran.

Btw, have you read any translation of Quran?
One can understand the message of the Quran by other means (through teachers), even if one does not understand the meanings of the specific words.

While understanding the words of the Quran is definitely beneficial, there is value in reading and memorizing it too. It is a rewardable deed ( ثواب ).

Your assessment of madrasa graduates is not entirely wrong. Most of them have a shallow understanding of Islam. But I disagree with you on two things: First, you are generalizing, which is unfair and misleading. Second, understanding the Qur'an and its message should be encouraged, in addition to, not instead of reading and memorizing it. We can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

And to answer your question, I do refer to translations every now and then, if needed. But in general I understand the Qur'an, as I am proficient in Arabic.

Back
Top Bottom