What's new

why is water security not a political issue in Punjab and sindh?

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
i am curious why is water security not a political issue in Punjab and sindh
i understand if its not in KPK as it wouldn't benefit them much or even Baluchistan but shouldn't it be the no.1 issue in Punjab.

so why has been it ignored completely.

how two political parties PPPP and PML N got away with not starting any hydro dams despite completed and ready feasibility studies for akhori, bhasha and controversial kalabgah dam

how is rural Punjab and especially sindh going to coup with water scarcity in the future?

it seems motor ways is an issue, metros is an issue but not dams?
cost of building dam 100% by own resources is around 1 billion dollars/year(10-20% of PSDP) by mix of local loans it is less than 50 billion/year(less than cost of Rawalpindi-islam and Lahore metro project)

i understand if its not in KPK as it wouldn't benefit them much or even Baluchistan but shouldn't it be the no.1 issue in Punjab.

so why has been it ignored completely.

how two political parties PPPP and PML N got away with not starting any hydro dams despite completed and ready feasibility studies for akhori, bhasha and controversial kalabgah dam

how is rural Punjab and especially sindh going to coup with water scarcity in the future?
it seems motor ways is an issue, metros is an issue but not dams?
cost of building dam 100% by own resources is around 1 billion dollars/year(10-20% of PSDP) by mix of local loans it is less than 50 billion/year(less than cost of Rawalpindi-islam and Lahore metro project)

Same reasons why parties like PPP and PML-N have never focused on education because the benefits are not seen within the five year rule.

but isnt water a short term issue, i thought water shortage is big issue even today

you asking me bro if i was in charge water is number one priority. I am deep believer in Independence from governmnet by living off the grid, produce everything yourself for survival.
I would take it further and develop water filtration systems and bottles.
Government will let you down and if they control your water. electricity, food then you are at their mercy. .

Because farmers are slaves and agriculture untaxed

Well according to Noony tunes metro's and orange trains are
important. Everything else like water security, clean drinking
water, electricity, health, education and law & order does not
matter to them.

Maybe because leadera in punjab and sindh are r@tarded with no vision .. They can only plan for at most 5 years.
Maybe in a decades or so they will wake ul and start whinnying about water problems until then they can fill up their fat bellies

Btw water security is national security for an alleged agriculture country.

We suck !!

Because the people are idiots and rather hear their leaders talk about their ideologies on food and see them dance or be poets....

Because the people are idiots and rather hear their leaders talk about their ideologies on food and see them dance or be poets....

People are too busy worshipping Godfather and self proclaimed Queen Maryam, bowing down and giving 22 carrot gold crown with Ruby, while being completely ignorant of basic necessaties.

Maybe because leadera in punjab and sindh are r@tarded with no vision .. They can only plan for at most 5 years.
Maybe in a decades or so they will wake ul and start whinnying about water problems until then they can fill up their fat bellies
leadership will discuss public issue, my question is why isnt it a public issue?
why blame leadership for it, its not nawaz fault....?
people dont consider it an issue..
everybody is worried about load shedding, zainab murder, which were promptly addressed...

atleast PPPP pretended it was an issue and inaugurated the dam (albet a hoax) but Mr sharif doesnt even consider it a issue..so i think his voters dont consider it too..but why?, i though all punjab farmers are suffering from water shortage

Back
Top Bottom