What's new

Electricity should be sold at a different price in Lahore and Peshawar: Taimur Khan Jhagra

The argument is that it affected people from KPK the most. As usual if we had a competent gov we wouldn't be having these issues and things would go more smoothly.

There's also massive electricity theft in Sindh and Balochistan, which I have no idea which country's government lets that happen.

From The Third Pole:

Tarbela dam and community impacts

But a deeper look at Tarbela 5 shows a landscape and community that have suffered extreme harms that have not yet been righted. Tens of thousands of people were displaced between the 1960s and 1990s by two mega-hydropower projects, Tarbela and Gazi Brarotha. Most were subsistence farmers and fisher people. Tarbela alone submerged 120 villages. A case study for the World Commission on Dams documented significant problems with the resettlement of these affected people. To this day many thousands of families remain impoverished and are still seeking fair compensation and redress for their losses.

None of these people were compensated

Some were given land but the land was never handed over to them and is still occupied by FARMERS IN PUNJAB AND SINDH(where they got the land)

Looking at tarbela I doubt we will be able to build another dam

It's case report of how locals were screwed and then the province was double screwed

And as you saw no other dam was ever built
!!

I know that's where I'm from personally...
Which bags the question!!??

In what universe do you decide the electricity production based upon location of power house!!?

It makes literally No sense at all

But again what does make sense here!

Nothing

Ironically few billions of extra revenue won't change anything for punjab but rule of law due process will change alot in perception

None of these people were compensated

Some were given land but the land was never handed over to them and is still occupied by FARMERS IN PUNJAB AND SINDH(where they got the land)

Looking at tarbela I doubt we will be able to build another dam

It's case report of how locals were screwed and then the province was double screwed

And as you saw no other dam was ever built
!!

Resistance to building dams also comes from Sindh. Which is weird, because that place gets perpetually flooded every year.

Imran Khan built 3 dams in his 5 year incomplete stolen term.

But yeah based on those damages then it makes sense for Jhagra to say KPK should pay less rates.

This entire debate would have been averted had the North Western Army respected the wishes of the Pakistani people.

Just like everything else in this country even electricity is a divisive and ethnic issue. It is time we gave up on a failed concept called Pakistan.

Just like everything else in this country even electricity is a divisive and ethnic issue. It is time we gave up on a failed concept called Pakistan.
Lol
So there shouldn't be any divide and debate

What do you want north Korea?

Jhagara says energy prices should be different in each province, because that's how it's in every federation be it USA OR CANADA OR BRITAIN

You say it shouldn't be..

So you shouldn't say energy prices should be different you should say Pakistan shouldbt have a federation (and no even in other countries massive hydro were made by the central govt still there control lies with provinces)

The whole problem with your discussion is misdirection

What a foreign educated and traines guy is telling you is NORM IN THE WORLD

Now doesn't matter what you think or whatever you bring to the topic..

IT DOENST WORK LIKE PAKISTAN ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD

Again keep ignoring what I am saying
Everyone knows the building model of tarbela dam
WB provides cheap financing you pay off it in 20 yrs when electricity is at 5cents and then drops to 2 cent since project is paid off..same model will apply to dasu project

Everyone knows this. Even the cat sitting outside knows this.

Provinces will gladly finance any project if the centers allows it..center won't allow it .. everyone knows this as well !!

Sure price can be different but here is how.

KP develop their own DISCO or take ownership of PESCO. Build dams, power plants etc and provide electricity through PESCO. Stop buying electricity from national grid. Its simple, federation allow province to have their own DISCOs.

What they can't do is claim ownership of big dams without paying a dime. Like I said no nationalist is against Dasu dam, Momand dam and many others under construction by federal govt. Same deal as Tarbela dam, KP will get royaities. Same happen in India or anywher else in the world. National Govt don't build dams to hand over to state govt. KP can build their own dam and distribute electricity.

Now tell me why KP nationalists are not against Dasu dam? If Tarbela dam was such bad deal for KP then they wouldn't allow Dasu dam just like they wouldn't allow Kalabagh dam.

If building dams is cheap then why KP build dams and then sell electricity to national grid? What stops them from distributing electricity themselves and recovering cost? Instead KP just rather hand over dams and take profits. PESCO losses are then burden on federal govt.

Yes.
Imran Khan had a case in supreme Court to implement local bodies elections
Pretty sure every educated person including you know about that case in the courts

Second solution was free and fair census
Well karachi representative MQM got that done under their nose

Spare us this Disney trash . Imran Khan was the one who reinstated the post of district magistrate . If he wanted he could've easily held local bodies elections.

These 37 districts with white shading pays for theft of the 40 districts with red shade.

1698923396961.jpeg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom