What's new

Why is Pakistan so dirty?

Some people will be blaming squarely on people while I'm totally convince it is the your political parties like PMLn and PPP who do not let the district govts / municipal committees to function. It is the job of municipality to take care of cleanliness. Here in USA and rest of the developed world, the city govt plays a pivotal role in it and Mayor of the city has tremendous respect, authority and responsibility. The role models for cleanliness and sustainability are Scandinavian countries especially Sweden...

I will put the burden squarely on govt's shoulder or the system. The same Pakistani go to Europe or other developed countries, they follow their system and rules because they get the facilities and also see the rules being implemented in daily.

Last edited:
I get that, ok so there are many ignorant people who choose that lifestyle. But surely there should be many who can build awareness and make it into an initiative? So many mediums to choose from, social media, print, news etc. They should be teaching the others

It sounds easy. But it ain't easy.
Remember that campaign "Fix it"?
What happened who took this initiative?
He was threatened, Sindh gov tried make him stop cleaning Karachi.
It is not just about awareness in people, but strong background.
A common man would thinking 100 times before starting any campaign because he has a family to take care of. Luckily. That guy who started "fix it" belonged to a strong family and got away with obstacles. But this is not the case for everyone. You see.

2 years ago I went to receive my cousin from Alama Iqbal Intel. And what I saw at ring road flared me up so bad that I wanted to take control of the vehicle from my Uncle and bang it against that suv right next to ours-----
Can anyone of you believe, the a******** of a driver of that suv was throwing out peels of banana right in the middle of that road after every 15 or so seconds. :angry:
@The Sandman

It sounds easy. But it ain't easy.
Remember that campaign "Fix it"?
What happened who took this initiative?
He was threatened, Sindh gov tried make him stop cleaning Karachi.
It is not just about awareness in people, but strong background.
A common man would thinking 100 times before starting any campaign because he has a family to take care of. Luckily. That guy who started "fix it" belonged to a strong family and got away with obstacles. But this is not the case for everyone. You see.

Just read up on it. I see what you mean now, it all boils down to politics. But whats the motive in this? To keep everything dirty, why would that benefit the well connected? This is all very frustrating. Waste management should be privititizied but then it would just create mafias and monopolies. There must be a way...

2 years ago I went to receive my cousin from Alama Iqbal Intel. And what I saw at ring road flared me up so bad that I wanted to take control of the vehicle from my Uncle and bang it against that suv right next to ours-----
Can anyone of you believe, the a******** of a driver of that suv was throwing out peels of banana right in the middle of that road after every 15 or so seconds. :angry:
@The Sandman

What exactly shocked you? Mint.

Just read up on it. I see what you mean now, it all boils down to politics. But whats the motive in this? To keep everything dirty, why would that benefit the well connected? This is all very frustrating. Waste management should be privititizied but then it would just create mafias and monopolies. There must be a way...

You answered yourself. Mafias and monopolization.

What exactly shocked you? Mint.

You answered yourself. Mafias and monopolization.
4 jmaata'n parh jaandi dy koi chajj da svaal Krna a janda chaudhry! When some twat is throwing garbage on a busy road AP khsuh to nae honay lgy Vo b kaylay k chilkay :o:

4 jmaata'n parh jaandi dy koi chajj da svaal Krna a janda chaudhry! When some twat is throwing garbage on a busy road AP khsuh to nae honay lgy Vo b kaylay k chilkay :o:

Izat ras he nai. -_-
Mera Matlab tha yeh sub to commonly seen hain Pakistan main. Aqal ko hath maro
Mulla khush rakhe. :D I was thinking of Mazaq Raat while typing this up. IYKWIM

4 jmaata'n parh jaandi

Student of the month bhi reh chuki hon Acha. :mad::sniper:

Because of common man ,Pakistanis as a society tend to be careless about littering and hygiene . I always say we as a society are "Jahils". Its not always Government's fault .

Izat ras he nai. -_-
Mera Matlab tha yeh sub to commonly seen hain Pakistan main. Aqal ko hath maro
Mulla khush rakhe. :D I was thinking of Mazaq Raat while typing this up. IYKWIM
Acha sorry ! Pr ghusa a gea tha, chalo mitti pao. Every sane and sayin have an idea what a peel of banana is capable of when thrown carelessly . A slightest show of indifferent attitude and a dominos effect kick starts

Because of common man ,Pakistanis as a society tend to be careless about littering and hygiene . I always say we as a society are "Jahils". Its not always Government's fault .

True ver true. But they are NOT playing thief part too.
That's their responsibility to enforce the law.

Every sane and sayin have an idea what a peel of banana is capable of when thrown carelessly

Because he wasn't sane, you mint. :D

Another dilemma, poor schooling system of Pakistan. It's a race of degrees now, not the knowledge or ethics.
Mere anay ke bad buht halaat kharab hue. :D
No more rehmat you know

*run*

And what about the rest of the 11 months . Nalayk paanda :P

Wo school ke din :D 2 different subjects main rahi hon or Pakistan main group leader bhi

Hayeee ab to Chemistry ko Allah poche. :/

Aaj Kal shay wali parhae @The Sandman kar raha hai.

@The Sandman
Wtf? jahalat ki inteha lekin qasmay parhke pta ni kyun hassi arhi hai lol

abhi ham itne naik bhi ni hue ke din raat parhai karein :angel:

Because he wasn't sane, you mint. :D

Another dilemma, poor schooling system of Pakistan. It's a race of degrees now, not the knowledge or ethics.
Mere anay ke bad buht halaat kharab hue. :D
No more rehmat you know

*run*

Wo school ke din :D 2 different subjects main rahi hon or Pakistan main group leader bhi

Hayeee ab to Chemistry ko Allah poche. :/

Yeah! Like Pakistan's isolation is due to your immigration -------- or group leader nae cheerleader rhi go gi :P

Some people will be blaming squarely on people while I'm totally convince it is the your political parties like PMLn and PPP who do not let the district govts / municipal committees to function. It is the job of municipality to take care of cleanliness. Here in USA and rest of the developed world, the city govt plays a pivotal role in it and Mayor of the city has tremendous respect, authority and responsibility. The role models for cleanliness and sustainability are Scandinavian countries especially Sweden...

I will put the burden squarely on govt's shoulder or the system. The same Pakistani go to Europe or other developed countries, they follow their system and rules because they get the facilities and also see the rules being implemented in daily.

Hmm...well maybe the local government sweeps the streets clean (and the parks)...but that's about it. If there's crap on the sidewalks nobody from the government is going to pick it up. Usually the cleanest areas are the ones where most of the people living there own the homes. It's messier in areas with lots of renters...who don't care.

Back
Top Bottom