What's new

Why is Pakistan so dirty?

Menace2Society

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I understand open drains and sanitation infrastructure is not the fault of the people. Its failure of government.

However what I don't understand is why do people allow filth around their house? Why are the streets so dirty? Why do people litter everywhere?

Islam teaches you extreme hygiene standards. You are not a Muslim if you are not clean or keep your surroundings clean.

It is also the basis of being civilized.

If Pakistan is a Muslim country then why don't the people follow these teachings?

How can one say it is not people's fault,people cause dirty streets,reasons,they throw garbage anywhere they like,causing garbage heaps.Hell,i have seen people throw garbage out of their windows.People buy anything from a show and the wrapper is thrown out on the streets,attitude needs to change.Might as well make legislations.
Islam teaches you extreme hygiene standards. You are not a Muslim if you are not clean or keep your surroundings clean.

If Pakistan is a Muslim country then why don't the people follow these teachings?
Lazy,hypocrite's ........

How can one say it is not people's fault,people cause dirty streets,reasons,they throw garbage anywhere they like,causing garbage heaps.Hell,i have seen people throw garbage out of their windows.People buy anything from a show and the wrapper is thrown out on the streets,attitude needs to change.Might as well make legislations.

Lazy,hypocrite's ........

the way to fight it is , introducing heavy fines and proper infrastructure to handle such amount of garbage
and introduce facilities that can convert garbage to energy

but yes , everything starts with the people.

I understand open drains and sanitation infrastructure is not the fault of the people. Its failure of government.

However what I don't understand is why do people allow filth around their house? Why are the streets so dirty? Why do people litter everywhere?

What else we following the teachings? A majority of us are nam ke muslman and to put all things back on track we need a reformer a man of God! Waite till Mehdi ES nazool:coffee: some says it's the time or time already passed of His arrival and as per TuQ the arrival is a thousand year later. Wallaho Aalam

Starts off with leadership. I must say that I was amazed at the clean up of Delhi when I was there a few months ago. The clean India campaign launched by the PM of India is really showing results

There were times when streets of Karachi would get washed daily in the morning. Now if you travel by train to Karachi, as soon as you reach the outskirts of that city, you will witness heaps of garbage alongside the railway track.

The attitude that it’s not my responsibility is one reason people litter everywhere.

Many reasons.
  • Not seen as a priority by the people, who have more important "survival" issues to deal with.
  • An attitude of apathy, i.e. if nothing is working in the country, why should I care? Or if nobody else cares, why should I? Note that Pakistani people are generally quite clean inside their homes, but don't care outside.
  • When the city does not clean regularly, it encourages citizens to litter. One hesitates to throw garbage in a clean area. But if there is already garbage there, the thinking is, what harm will another bag of garbage do?
  • Every effective system must have two parallel components, education and legislation. In our case, education is severely lacking, legislation is non-existent.
  • Lack of funds, lack of political will, lack of honesty
  • No serious social stigma attached to littering. It used to be in the past, but because of the above points, it is no longer considered shameful to throw garbage
  • Lack of education about hygiene. The cleanliness associated with Islam (like many other aspects of Islam) is just too abstract a concept for most people.

I can go on, but I think this should give you an idea.

It is important to note that the lack of cleanliness/hygiene is only a symptom. It will not go away if addressed directly. Occasional "cleanliness campaigns" will not work. The attitude of individuals towards the world (worldview), religion, and country, and their role in these spheres, have to change. This will only come from proper education.

It is a South Asia thing .Still we can see some good cities.Mysore is a clean city.And a member in here also said same thing is happening in Delhi also.It is up to.people .

Try worlds dirtiest cities .. Many indian cities are on that list .. Apart from Delhi being the most polluted city in the world ..

On topic .. I agree impose heavy fines,educate people ...

But Pakistanis redicules India for open defection as if Pakistan is a very neat and clean country. I see cleanliness wave hitting India. I just visited my town (it has just becam e a district). I was amzed to see the development. It was a town with accute water scarcity. Now Narmada water has come and Lake is completly filled with Narmada water. Whole town has RCC roads. BJP municipality does an excellent Job by providing various area a totally RCC road. What I want to say is ye man banane ki Baat hai. As modi said if indians decide that we shall not tolrate any dirt or unhygenic environment, no force can make india Dirty. Same applies to Pakistan. Sirf Man banane ki baat hai. Pakistan can be a clean country too.

Back
Top Bottom