What's new

Why do you think Turkey's military is powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhang5521

Reaction score
Country
China
In China, people just feel Turkey is a distant and romantic country, as for military, China think he even worse than Pakistan, but here, why many people think Turkey is an Asian power? In China, people think of first in Asia is of course Chinese other powers, including Japan, India, South Korea, and Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, never really thought about Turkey

As one of the few Chinese abroad, I really want to know the foreign people think

In short: Their military is pretty powerful, almost as powerful as Pakistan's if not more.

Turkey has a very powerful and highly trained armed forces. All three arms of the Turkish forces are formidable.

Do turkey has destroyer with LRAM and cruise missile or LDP? Sometime that can project overseas power?

LHD: Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions
Altay tank : Altay MBT Program
we have ~350 LEOPARD 2 170 m60 Sabra some Leopard 1 we want to have 1000 Altay tanks

Atak Helicopter : TAI T-129 ATAK Program
Land vehicles Turkish Land Vehicle Programs | Page 62

rokets many of them are locally build Turkish Missile & Torpedo Programs
Turkish cruise missle:

turkish naval programs Turkish Naval Programs | Page 96

we have over 200 F16 wich we mostly produced in turkey :)

we will get about 100 F35

we want to build our own fighter

all in all we have good equipment and specialy we are getting more independent also in some little or bigger conflicts our military showed that they are very well trained :)

project overseas power
that part is not so well

there is so much more just read the forum :D

The most independent defense industry in the Muslim World with everything complying with NATO standards to the teeth.

But I must admit, we are not as powerful as we used to be before. Quality of training has been decreased yet it's still good.

The most independent defense industry in the Muslim World with everything complying with NATO standards to the teeth.

But I must admit, we are not as powerful as we used to be before. Quality of training has been decreased yet it's still good.

that's where your true strength is lies, the same with other major power name it, Japan, South Korea, China, Russia, US, France, Germany, UK and Italy. To have an independent and active defense industry is a must

that's where your true strength is lies, the same with other major power name it, Japan, South Korea, China, Russia, US, France, Germany, UK and Italy. To have an independent and active defense industry is a must

Yeah, to be considered a proper regional powerhouse that is a must indeed and Turkey is on its way of becoming one, granted we still have along way to go but by simply looking at the fact how far we have come in such a short time is pretty good even if i say so myself, ontop of this still having good military grade products equal to NATO standard is a achievement aswell.

However i dont think the Turkish military is that powerfull as of yet, we still have a huge gap compared to other military powerhouses, we lack critical systems such as proper Anti-Air defence systems. I can consider the Turkish military truelly powerfull the moment these critical systems enter service which truthfully wont be for another 5-10 years.

Do turkey has destroyer with LRAM and cruise missile or LDP? Sometime that can project overseas power?

Turkey doesnt really need Destroyers, unlike China we arent a blue water navy because we simply dont need to be.

but i think
Pakistan has a ballistic missile and nuclear weapons, but Turkey does not, the other, I feel, Turkey should be in a third level of military strength, the first grade should be American, Chinese, Russia and France, second grade should be Britain, India, Japan, Pakistan (because there are nuclear weapons) third grades. Is South Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Italy, Spain and other countries... Similar to a certain area influential regional powers... What do you think about this?

I judge standard is: the first level of the country, should have these weapons, for example, aircraft carriers, submarines, strategic ballistic missiles, nuclear weapons, the fourth generation fighter, large transport aircraft, long-range bombers, and large air defense missile destroyer, ground-based air defense missile system, and the capacity of all kinds of weapons, this level of countries should only America, Russia, China and France, second level, to have nuclear weapons and intercontinental missile, if not, then there should be an aircraft carrier and a large number of the fourth generation fighter aircraft and destroyers, and possess the ability of domestic at least half of weapons, these countries should include India, Britain, Japan Pakistan, Iran, china...... The third level of the country is mainly to introduce weapons, homemade weapons rarely, no nuclear weapons, no carrier, no destroyers, no ground-based air defense system, but with the purchase of weapons, weapons of mass maintain technology, such as a large number of four generation fighter planes and tanks, rocket launchers, early warning aircraft, have formed the advantage in a certain area forces, such countries should is South Korea, Turkey, Spain, Italy and other countries......

In China, people just feel Turkey is a distant and romantic country, as for military, China think he even worse than Pakistan, but here, why many people think Turkey is an Asian power? In China, people think of first in Asia is of course Chinese other powers, including Japan, India, South Korea, and Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, never really thought about Turkey

That is because you suppress Turks in China, and with that logic you people think we are weak.:-)

That is because you suppress Turks in China, and with that logic you people think we are weak.:-)
Not, not, because there are a lot of Chinese world defense analysis, even as far away as Tanzania and Ethiopia and other countries, even Uganda will have specific considerations, but they do not know why to pay no heed to the Turkey, in fact, I also think that Turkey is the local influential traditional powers

-Having larger and technologically advanced naval fleet than Russian Blacksea fleet
-The biggest naval power of all Blacksea
-One of the biggest naval fleet of Mediterranean, especially When TF-100 and TF-2000 frigates, U-214TN submarines inducted. (I hope You know Which countries have a shoreline to Mediterran.)
-Having a large AirForce which is inside of Top-3/4 in Europe, Second biggest F-16 user of the World. Fighter fleets are all advanced, electronically upgraded and using latest generation munitions. 100 F-35 is on the way.
-The Biggest/Largest Land Forces of all Europe
-Advanced training centers
-Having an active defence industry which is producing top strategic military gears like all type of missiles including cruise, warships, tanks, UAV's, helicopters...etc

If you don't hvae any idea Why Turkey is considered as powerfull, It is not about our capabilities but your deficiency.

Turkey doesnt really need Destroyers, unlike China we arent a blue water navy because we simply dont need to be.

TF-2000 will have a displacement of 7000 Tonnes, AAW and LACM Capabillities ! It will come close in Terms to an Destroyer! In long Term we are in need of a blue Water Navy to Project Power to protect our geopolitic Interests in the mediterran and arabian Sea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom