What's new

Why do you think Turkey's military is powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do turkey has destroyer with LRAM and cruise missile or LDP? Sometime that can project overseas power?

Turkey doesn't have an ambitious to be an oversea power but When The name of TN is mentioned in Mediterranean, It will be thought twice to act against out interests. That's what Turkish industry is planning to be in following 5-6 years.

The Navy onboard attacking/defencive projects for domestic warships.

Atmaca anti-ship cruise missile
Gezgin LACM
Akya Heavy Torpedo
Hisar-A/O Low and Medium altitude Surface to Air Missiles
Mizrak-D attacking missile
Korkut-D CIWS
Tork Counter torpedo torpedo

To command/control strategic missile systems, An advanced link called Kement is also being developed simultaneously. With this way, The missiles After/Before launch will be used more effectively in accordance with changing environmental dataes, especially in Aegean where many small islands block onboard precision surveillance capability against moving targets. Such an advanced and long range link system is developed by a few advanced missile maker countries.

Last edited:
The Turkish Military has the capability to defend Turkey and can go on the offensive against any neighboring country, the toughest of which would be Iran due to their large population and the fact that the border area with them is mountainous. The purchase of the A400M's and the Juan Carlos LHD will allow Turkey to conduct overseas operations on a limited scale most likely in cooperation with other countries giving Turkey a say in distant events.

There are some gaps: crap air defense, no SOJ, few new and modern tanks, lack of cyber offensive and defensive capabilities, lack of long range cruise missiles,lack of overseas power projection capabilities, there isn't an independent nuclear deterrent,yes there is the NATO nuclear sharing agreement but that has its limitations. All gaps are planed to be closed soon. Not too long ago Turkey had no AWACS.

-Having larger and technologically advanced naval fleet than Russian Blacksea fleet
-The biggest naval power of all Blacksea
-One of the biggest naval fleet of Mediterranean, especially When TF-100 and TF-2000 frigates, U-214TN submarines inducted. (I hope You know Which countries have a shoreline to Mediterran.)
-Having a large AirForce which is inside of Top-3/4 in Europe, Second biggest F-16 user of the World. Fighter fleets are all advanced, electronically upgraded and using latest generation munitions. 100 F-35 is on the way.
-The Biggest/Largest Land Forces of all Europe
-Advanced training centers
-Having an active defence industry which is producing top strategic military gears like all type of missiles including cruise, warships, tanks, UAV's, helicopters...etc

If you don't hvae any idea Why Turkey is considered as powerfull, It is not about our capabilities but your deficiency.
Turkey in American under pressure, to abandon the purchase China hq9 air defense missile...... Really quite a pity, Chinese exports to Turkey WS rocket is also very strong, Chinese and Turkey has a lot of cooperation in the military field...... I really hope that we can be very friendly countries, but Turkey is a NATO countries...... Is bound to contain China with the United States... Hey......

In addition, please forgive my country, they don't know about the situation in Turkey, just because it's too far...... In addition, you want a 1300000000 people, 9600000 square kilometers of land country to understand, at a tens of thousands of kilometers of national how strong, really hard to...... Forgive them anyway.

but i think
Pakistan has a ballistic missile and nuclear weapons, but Turkey does not, the other, I feel, Turkey should be in a third level of military strength, the first grade should be American, Chinese, Russia and France, second grade should be Britain, India, Japan, Pakistan (because there are nuclear weapons) third grades. Is South Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Italy, Spain and other countries... Similar to a certain area influential regional powers... What do you think about this?

I judge standard is: the first level of the country, should have these weapons, for example, aircraft carriers, submarines, strategic ballistic missiles, nuclear weapons, the fourth generation fighter, large transport aircraft, long-range bombers, and large air defense missile destroyer, ground-based air defense missile system, and the capacity of all kinds of weapons, this level of countries should only America, Russia, China and France, second level, to have nuclear weapons and intercontinental missile, if not, then there should be an aircraft carrier and a large number of the fourth generation fighter aircraft and destroyers, and possess the ability of domestic at least half of weapons, these countries should include India, Britain, Japan Pakistan, Iran, china...... The third level of the country is mainly to introduce weapons, homemade weapons rarely, no nuclear weapons, no carrier, no destroyers, no ground-based air defense system, but with the purchase of weapons, weapons of mass maintain technology, such as a large number of four generation fighter planes and tanks, rocket launchers, early warning aircraft, have formed the advantage in a certain area forces, such countries should is South Korea, Turkey, Spain, Italy and other countries......
Britain, Japan in second grade? Just wow.

Turkey in American under pressure, to abandon the purchase China hq9 air defense missile...... Really quite a pity, Chinese exports to Turkey WS rocket is also very strong, Chinese and Turkey has a lot of cooperation in the military field...... I really hope that we can be very friendly countries, but Turkey is a NATO countries...... Is bound to contain China with the United States... Hey......

In addition, please forgive my country, they don't know about the situation in Turkey, just because it's too far...... In addition, you want a 1300000000 people, 9600000 square kilometers of land country to understand, at a tens of thousands of kilometers of national how strong, really hard to...... Forgive them anyway.

Mate if you even bothered to look around some threads here you would realize that the purchase of HQ-9 might be cancelled but definitly NOT becuase of American pressure. Insted of making an entire thread, you could look around several threads and see/educate for yourself what Turkey is capable of.

Why should we buy an inferior system which not even China itself is fully commiting to buy? Nobody here is mad at you btw, why should we be...

Britain and Japan are by no means second grade lol, same goes for S.Korea.

Only six British destroyers, the army of only 25000 people, Japan did not have nuclear weapons and nuclear powered submarine

Mate if you even bothered to look around some threads here you would realize that the purchase of HQ-9 might be cancelled but definitly NOT becuase of American pressure. Insted of making an entire thread, you could look around several threads and see/educate for yourself what Turkey is capable of.

Why should we buy an inferior system which not even China itself is fully commiting to buy? Nobody here is mad at you btw, why should we be...

The degree of localization of Korean weapons low, no nuclear weapons, no nuclear submarines, no aircraft carrier

Only six British destroyers, the army of only 25000 people, Japan did not have nuclear weapons and nuclear powered submarine

The degree of localization of Korean weapons low, no nuclear weapons, no nuclear submarines, no aircraft carrier
And that makes us third grade? This is the most narrow minded and ignorant comment to date. Truelly. You have learned nothing from my comments obviously.

The world has 11 countries have aircraft carriers, 9 countries have ICBM missile, nor Turkey, 8 countries with a four phased array radar air defense destroyer, also does not have Turkey... 7 countries have nuclear weapons, nor Turkey...... So don't say Turkey is too strong, although he is really good

And that makes us third grade? This is the most narrow minded and ignorant comment to date. Truelly. You have learned nothing from my comments obviously.
China has the independent design of the tank, including the engine, gun, Russia, the United States, Britain, Germany, Italy, France, Japan, Turkey and South Korea but is cooperative R & D Altai tanks, using the German engine and NATO artillery...... In first grade and the gap state and second grade countries is still very great, including cruise missiles

The world has 11 countries have aircraft carriers, 9 countries have ICBM missile, nor Turkey, 8 countries with a four phased array radar air defense destroyer, also does not have Turkey... 7 countries have nuclear weapons, nor Turkey...... So don't say Turkey is too strong, although he is really good

Sigh

This will most likely be my last reply to you. Listen, different countries have different enviroments, thus they have different needs. We dont need any nuclear submarines or Aircraft carriers because, like i mentioned before, we arent neccesarly striving to be a blue water navy or have any need for these. That does NOT make us weak. We are developing ICBM and have gotten quite far, expect results soon.

You know Chinese 28 destroyers, 50 frigates and 60 submarines, and an aircraft carrier and 10 nuclear submarines? You know America 20 cruisers, 62 destroyers, 11 aircraft carriers? You know that Russia has 17 destroyers, 40 submarines and aircraft carriers? You know China air force has 1200 aircraft, including 750 fourth generation fighter aircraft? You know American air force 2000 fighters including 400 fifth generation fighter aircraft? Excuse me...... What makes you think Turkey should not be in the third grade?

How many french have?
19 destroyers and frigates, destroyers Chinese plus frigates are the 80

You know Chinese 28 destroyers, 50 frigates and 60 submarines, and an aircraft carrier and 10 nuclear submarines? You know America 20 cruisers, 62 destroyers, 11 aircraft carriers? You know that Russia has 17 destroyers, 40 submarines and aircraft carriers? You know China air force has 1200 aircraft, including 750 fourth generation fighter aircraft? You know American air force 2000 fighters including 400 fifth generation fighter aircraft? Excuse me...... What makes you think Turkey should not be in the third grade?

What makes you think it belongs in the third grade category?

I am no expert when it comes to Chinese Military, but those numbers are definitly bullsh*t.

Whose asking about Chinese? Are you here for some show off?

On other note, you counting Type 45 destroyers only and for French you counting all :rofl: , FYI, Britain has 19 destroyers

Sigh

This will most likely be my last reply to you. Listen, different countries have different enviroments, thus they have different needs. We dont need any nuclear submarines or Aircraft carriers because, like i mentioned before, we arent neccesarly striving to be a blue water navy or have any need for these. That does NOT make us weak. We are developing ICBM and have gotten quite far, expect results soon.
You are optimistic, not only that you have no interests throughout the world needs, your country is not seeking to place in the world, and not want to remotely against other countries, in other words, the first class and second class of countries have this need, because they influence worldwide, do you know why Chinese is one of the five permanent members of the United Nations? You said you are developing the ICBM, but you know that the first grade and second grade national countries already have ICBM? If you count on R & D weapons, so China also has fifth generation fighter J20

Whose asking about Chinese? Are you here for some show off?

On other note, you counting Type 45 destroyers only and for French you counting all :rofl: , FYI, Britain has 19 destroyers
Britain has 6 hull of the type 45 destroyers, and 13 type 23 frigates, the rest, type 42 destroyer and the type 22 frigate retired, I did not show off...... I said, Turkey is doing well, but certainly not the first grade of the state, may want to enter the second grade can be

you nare assuming war capabilities with everyone on earth..

no we did not aim to this things we are a regional power and capable of defending ourselfs against every neighboor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom