What's new

Why didn't Bangladesh win a single medal in Commonwealth Games 2022, Birmingham?

Pakistan needs massive investment in these areas instead of bloody cricket.
We need massive investment in Football. I hope we can see Pakistan qualify for the world cup one day. Football is probably the best soft power.

Who cares as what matters is hard economic power at the end of the day.

BD Taka against dollar is 95

Pakistan Rupee against dollar is 225

That is what counts in terms of a country's comprehensive national strength buddy and not some silly medals!
Taka is already 115 to a dollar. I have been predicting Tk120 to a dollar for the last six months.

It is only Tk115 to a dollar thanks to the IMF loan possibility. But, what happened to your big BD GDP that excels Singapore GDP? I never heard Singapore begging but BD is begging from IMF, WB, ADB, and others.

Why, why? You must re-propose to borrow $16 billion to build another of your pet project named Bullet Train from Dhaka to Chittagong.

Do it and your Taka will fall to 500 to a dollar. And the price of rice will be Tk400 per kg.

Why has the new Asian Tiger not won a single medal in CWG with their best economy in South Asia? Is this a topic that ever gets discussed in Bangladesh?
@bluesky never claimed BD is a tiger economy. It is our great economist @UKBengali and other BAL cronies who start shouting all the time.

Now, @UKBengali is crying because the GoB is begging from the IMF. Some bad people are telling that the BD reserves are less than even $20 billion.

I am not sure but I wonder why to beg for $4.5 billion when BD reserves are claimed to be $39 billion?

You are kidding right. 🤣

Man, just wait until the game is over, we will see.....

Indonesian Karate team is ready for Islamic games, maybe there will be BD Karateka as well performing there

1660141459379.png

If there was a category of shopping by Commonwealth games participating team officials Bangladesh would be first !

That's all these guys do, traveling and shopping paid for by the government.

@fallstuff

If there was a category of shopping by Commonwealth games participating team officials Bangladesh would be first !

You will have stiff competition from IND

Regards

I am curious as to why Bangladesh didn't win a single medal in Commonwealth Games 2022?

Did they boycott the games? Or just didn't participate because of what what Commonwealth Games represents?

Pakistan won 8 medals! (I think best CWG for Pakistan in some time).

India is clearly head and shoulders ahead of South Asian countries because their population and newfound wealth, but still lags way behind developed nations.

Even Sri Lanka with their economic turmoil managed to bag 4 medals! I'm not even going to mention other small island nations with populations of a few thousands who ended up winning the medals.

Why has the new Asian Tiger not won a single medal in CWG with their best economy in South Asia? Is this a topic that ever gets discussed in Bangladesh?

I please invite Bangladeshi and other South Asian members to discuss.

@Maula Jatt @HRK @Imran Khan @waz @El Sidd @Bilal9 @Black_cats @PadmaBridge @UKBengali @bluesky @Skull and Bones @Black Tornado @Wood @kaykay

Source: https://www.birmingham2022.com/medals
Simple.... there is little investment in sports in BD beyond cricket as such BD neither values nor nurture athletes.

Commonwealth also dropped shooting and archery where BD does have some world class talent.

Its a shame but no one really cares about this at all. BD needs to see sports as a brand embassador for the nation and develop policies and invest accordingly. Maybe they have and it is simply not a priority.

On a slightly separate topic leaving aside BDs utter failure in sports at every level, commonwealth games are shite. I dont know if globally anyone was watching but in UK the audience was paltry. There has been no coverage.... its a sheer irelevance.... wimbledon and even womens euro got more coverage than this multi event competition. With the absence of US, China and Europe and all the others its just a meet of a group of mediocre sporting nations. It does not in any way compare to olympics or world games or even the european championship in stature or quality.

Last edited:
What sports are BD good at internationally ? Don't say cricket now right after the Zimbabwe series.

India are headed there shortly, hamari bhi bezti na ho jae :D

What sports are BD good at internationally ? Don't say cricket now right after the Zimbabwe series.

India are headed there shortly, hamari bhi bezti na ho jae :D
By international if you mean Olympics then none. In Commonwealth games we had 8 medels historically but all in shooting but now shooting is not there.

Normally sports is look down upon culturally by families due to having no Economic outcome. Things are changing slightly with economic progress. Like kids now want to become cricketers due to recent economic success of cricketers.

In general we are not the athletic type so not natural to have athletes without proper investment. Do we have the means now?, yes. Maybe in 10-20 years we may also see some athletes winning medels.

We are a new country where we only have been out of extreme poverty. Our priority was always to feed ourselves out of hunger. Still long way to go, maybe our mindset will change as well on sports onday when we do better economically.

See sports is all about investment, compare african american athletes who win majority gold for US vs africans in Africa wins nothing having a continent full of africans.

Who cares as what matters is hard economic power at the end of the day.

BD Taka against dollar is 95

Pakistan Rupee against dollar is 225

That is what counts in terms of a country's comprehensive national strength buddy and not some silly medals!
Bud, the thread is about sport not economics. Dont be so gut renched on Bangladehis crap performance.

What kind of shopping? turntables or maybe other electronics?
I don't know what they buy. I remember the following comment from decades ago by then esteemed sport minister accompanying a team at a press conference at the Dhaka airport after getting knocked out in the qualifying rounds, " It's more important to participate in the game than actually winning any of the games."

You are kidding right. 🤣

See.........

Archers confirm silver for Bangladesh​

Staff Correspondent | Published: 20:29, Aug 15,2022 | Updated: 20:54, Aug 15,2022

1660623594508.png

Islamic games is better than Commonwealth game, compare Malaysia performance in Commonwealth games and Islamic games

1660623893075.png

1660623916099.png
1660623935622.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom