What's new

Why didn't Bangladesh win a single medal in Commonwealth Games 2022, Birmingham?

It is sad to see that BD is not good in any sports

Historically they have no medal in Olympics
In Asian games, they got few but the majority of it came from Cricket, Kabbadi where IND, PAK, and SL didn't sent full strength
They are U19 Cricket Champion but that is not much considerable
They haven't been world Champions in anything so far
-----------
they have good forex at their disposal , they should invest in sports

@fitpOsitive

While bangladeshis might not be that enthusiastic about sports this time. No need to shame them.

Absolutely agreed on this. Every nation must work out its priorities.

Regards

BD still has chances in Islamic Games

The qualification round has been started for some sports

I don't why islamic games are triggering Indians into becoming this
angry-poop.gif

I genuinely fail to see the issue here...

@Maula Jatt

I don't why islamic games are triggering Indians

Fair point. If we can be part of CWG (i.e. reiterate our status as former slaves) so no reason why Pak cannot be part of Islamic Games. In fact with a large Muslim population, India should also seek participation rights in these games. It will provide greater participation for our athletes. The Guardian of the Two Holy Cities is anyway favourably disposed towards us. We should seek his support for that.

Regards

BD still has chances in Islamic Games

The qualification round has been started for some sports

I had to do a google search, didn't believe this things 😂

I agree.

The thing is @UKBengali wouldn't admit that Bangladesh can do much better in sports.

All of South Asia can do better to be fair, but admitting is the first step and he started talking about forex rates and so on.
This reminds me of that comedy series of Pakistani origin where an interviewer take interviews of a person who disguises are various persons.

He sometimes does Manmohan Singh , and once a Bangladeshi Cricketer. Please guys watch that video, there's an uncanny resemblance to the content in that video and the discussion here. 😅

But if you look at where the medals have been won they were in traditional sports they have done well in previously.
Pakistan needs massive investment in these areas instead of bloody cricket.

India did the same thing and now have branched out to other areas.
Things like Aquatics will take up a lot of money to set up infrastructure. Things like Shooting , Archery... They are bit easier to set up and South Asian people will generally be more interested in these types of sports than straightaway athletics or gymnastics or aquatics.

One step at a time.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.

I however take solace in the fact that with our broken, limping system and chors, ghaddars and makkars in charge of sports or the country in general, our athletes (especially in traditional streams like wresting/pehalvani, weigh lifting) still managed to rub shoulders with the best in the business and beat them in some instances.

The world is our oyster, if we can get our economy in order, make honest people in charge and focus on the right priorities.
One thing I noticed is that small island nations with a miniscule population were sending teams for sports like beach volleyball etc in CWG. With a population this big in India we should have been there instead. Surely not a world beater team to defeat the Australians/NZ,Canadians or UK, but surely better than island nations.

In the first step we need to get our participants numbers up. Because people do like to watch the games , and if participation is there then interest will automatically be generated resulting in better and larger talent pool resulting in better fighting performance resulting in pvt advertising funds, etc.

At the very minimum in games like CWG and Asian Games where the biggies are not there, we should aim to have maximum number of participants in all types of games.

@itsanufy

BD has won 8 medals in CWC, all in shooting. This CWC shooting was excluded.

Those cheating Pommie c***s excluded shooting and archery because India was doing well at it. Next time they are excluding wrestling also.

Regards
On the other hand in upcoming Aisan games you will have full set of indoor games too. I think including computer games too.

Talk about that.

@Two banks of the River

in upcoming Aisan games you will have full set of indoor games too.

They should include Billiards, Snooker, Carrom and Ludo as well.

I think including computer games too.

I wouldnt mind trying my hand at Worlde

Regards

I had to do a google search, didn't believe this things 😂

Indonesia's 87 athletes to compete at 5th Islamic Solidarity Games​

6th August 2022

1660122556977.png

Chef de Mission of the Indonesian contingent for the 5th Islamic Solidarity Games Rafiq Radinal (right) and Indonesian rhythmic gymnastics athlete Sutjiati Narendra (left) attend a meeting at the headquarters of the Indonesian Olympic Committee in Jakarta, on Friday (August 5, 2022). (ANTARA/HO-National Olympic Committee (NOC) of Indonesia/uyu)

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Indonesia will dispatch a total of 87 athletes to compete in 13 sports during the implementation of the 5th Islamic Solidarity Games scheduled to be held in Konya, Turkey, on August 9-18, 2022.

Chef de Mission (CdM) of the contingent Rafiq Radinal noted in a statement here on Friday that the departure of the athletes would be conducted in stages in accordance with the match schedule.

The shooting and cycling teams have arrived in Konya. Furthermore, on Saturday (August 6), the athletics and taekwondo teams will leave for the tournament.

Meanwhile, the rest of the athletes are scheduled to depart on Monday night (August 8).

Indonesia does not participate in all 20 sports competed in the 5th Islamic Solidarity Games due to limited budget, especially owing to the soaring prices of plane tickets to Konya.

“The ticket prices are two or three folds more expensive. The current inflation in Turkey affects the increase of (the commodity) price there,” the CdM noted.

Radinal remarked that his side, in fact, found it difficult to reduce the number of athletes to be sent for the event, though the step had to be taken on account of budgetary constraints.

Hence, his side allowed the self-funding scheme to be used owing to the quite high level of enthusiasm for several sports.

A total of 12 sports -- archery, athletics, road discipline bicycle racing, gymnastics, judo, karate, kickboxing, shooting, swimming, taekwondo, weightlifting, and wrestling -- were funded by using the state budget.

However, for some of the state-funded sports, such as taekwondo, shooting, gymnastics, and weightlifting, it was decided to send additional athletes using the self-funding scheme since the event is a good opportunity to prepare for various bigger sporting events, Radinal noted.

Meanwhile, the table tennis team has urged the Indonesian Olympic Committee (KOI) to be allowed to participate with a full self-funding scheme.

The Islamic Solidarity Games is a multi-sport event held for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member countries.

In this edition, 20 sports are contested: athletics, archery, 3x3 basketball, bocce, cycling (road and track events), fencing, soccer, gymnastics (artistic, aerobics, and rhythmic events), handball, judo, karate, kickboxing, shooting, swimming, table tennis, taekwondo, volleyball, weightlifting, wrestling (freestyle and Greco-Roman events), as well as traditional archery.

In addition, several paralympic sports are competed in the event.

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

One small clarification wanted. Does Islamic Games permit non Muslim sportsmen/women from Muslim/Islamic countries to participate?

Regards

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom