What's new

Why didn't Bangladesh win a single medal in Commonwealth Games 2022, Birmingham?

Economy and HDI indicators (healthcare, education) are certainly important determinants of sporting success but as the success of many African countries testify, there are other factors as well. They would be Investment in sporting activity (both public and private spending), quality of sporting administration, and I add with great caution and at a great risk of diverting the debate- sporting tradition and inherent physique of the population.

Take for eg India - it has earned a total of 61 medals (for a population of 1.4 billion). What it conceals of course is that on one hand you have states like Haryana (23 medals for a population of around 25 million) and Manipur ( 3 medals for a population of around 3-4 million); and then you have UP which has 5 medals for a population of almost the same as Pak (220 mio).

Regards

Yup we need make the sport as industry

Indonesia which is basically in general dont have good physical height can beat Jordanian team (Arab genetic)

Under 16 years old

Our star, Syarafina Ayasha, number 6, is played there. Look how serious she is with basketball

Then some how we can recruit NBA G league player as our citizen and we are lucky to have good player with African DNA (mixed blood). In term of heigh, Indian is even better than Indonesia

That's what I was looking for tbh.

You know what they say admitting is the first step! Not that I think Pakistan is somehow superior because we managed 8 medals.

As fa's as I'm concerned, Pakistan should've been second only to India because of our large population.

I challenge you to eat rice everyday as a staple, and then even go for a 2-3 mile walk after few years. :D

I challenge you to eat rice everyday as a staple, and then even go for a 2-3 mile walk after few years. :D
Man we need diversification in our food intake. I have stopped eating rice more than once per day since last 5 years and also taking more vegetables and fish and less rice in lunch. Skipping breakfast most of the times and roti and dal/vegetables or chicken for dinner.

Man we need diversification in our food intake. I have stopped eating rice more than once per day since last 5 years and also taking more vegetables and fish and less rice in lunch. Skipping breakfast most of the times and roti and dal/vegetables or chicken for dinner.

Learn to live on wheat and bajra, and reduce oil intake.

I am curious as to why Bangladesh didn't win a single medal in Commonwealth Games 2022?

Did they boycott the games? Or just didn't participate because of what what Commonwealth Games represents?

Pakistan won 8 medals! (I think best CWG for Pakistan in some time).

India is clearly head and shoulders ahead of South Asian countries because their population and newfound wealth, but still lags way behind developed nations.

Even Sri Lanka with their economic turmoil managed to bag 4 medals! I'm not even going to mention other small island nations with populations of a few thousands who ended up winning the medals.

Why has the new Asian Tiger not won a single medal in CWG with their best economy in South Asia? Is this a topic that ever gets discussed in Bangladesh?

I please invite Bangladeshi and other South Asian members to discuss.

@Maula Jatt @HRK @Imran Khan @waz @El Sidd @Bilal9 @Black_cats @PadmaBridge @UKBengali @bluesky @Skull and Bones @Black Tornado @Wood @kaykay

Source: https://www.birmingham2022.com/medals
Why you mentioned Bangladesh only?

@fitpOsitive

I think Ahmedbhai (@Ahmed_Vohra) concern was why BD inspite of its successes in many other fields and its large population has underperformed in sporting arena. While IND and PAK are no great shakes either at least they manage to get a handful at Asiad and CWG levels, while BD really fares poorly.

Regards

@pikkuboss

In general we desis should cut down on carbs and beef (no puns intended) up on meats, dairy and nuts.

Regards
As a Bengali, I have continuous Fish intake (5 days a week). I also eat chicken and eggs occasionally. Cutting curbs especially Rice is the way to go I guess. Yes I have oil intake on the higher side but I am thinking of moving to healthier oils. I hardly eat outside foods as my work is from home and Local area and take lunch in home only.

Even in this Olympic people from West Bengal has got two medals including a gold. If you count Bengalis it will be 4.

I am curious as to why Bangladesh didn't win a single medal in Commonwealth Games 2022?

Did they boycott the games? Or just didn't participate because of what what Commonwealth Games represents?

Pakistan won 8 medals! (I think best CWG for Pakistan in some time).

India is clearly head and shoulders ahead of South Asian countries because their population and newfound wealth, but still lags way behind developed nations.

Even Sri Lanka with their economic turmoil managed to bag 4 medals! I'm not even going to mention other small island nations with populations of a few thousands who ended up winning the medals.

Why has the new Asian Tiger not won a single medal in CWG with their best economy in South Asia? Is this a topic that ever gets discussed in Bangladesh?

I please invite Bangladeshi and other South Asian members to discuss.

@Maula Jatt @HRK @Imran Khan @waz @El Sidd @Bilal9 @Black_cats @PadmaBridge @UKBengali @bluesky @Skull and Bones @Black Tornado @Wood @kaykay

Source: https://www.birmingham2022.com/medals
BD has won 8 medals in CWC, all in shooting. This CWC shooting was excluded.

@fitpOsitive

I think Ahmedbhai (@Ahmed_Vohra) concern was why BD inspite of its successes in many other fields and its large population has underperformed in sporting arena. While IND and PAK are no great shakes either at least they manage to get a handful at Asiad and CWG levels, while BD really fares poorly.

Regards
Check out our medal tally this year. Totally diversified. Medals in Athletics, Running, High jump, long jump, triple jump, squash, lawn bowls, judo etc never heard of.

@itsanufy

BD has won 8 medals in CWC, all in shooting. This CWC shooting was excluded.

Those cheating Pommie c***s excluded shooting and archery because India was doing well at it. Next time they are excluding wrestling also.

Regards

A lot depends on the culture of sports. Which we don’t have in this region.
Sadly this region has a saying “ padhoge likhoge banoge nawab, kheloge koodoge to banoge kharab”. It translates to “if you study you will become a royalty and if you play you will become bad”. This stupid comment has destroyed atleast two generations of any effort towards considering sports as a choice. For a middle /low income family chances of earning a living by being an average student are higher than being an average sportsperson. Intense competition for limited number of jobs make parents dissuade kids from taking sports as first choice.

@VkdIndian

A lot depends on the culture of sports. Which we don’t have in this region. Sadly this region has a saying “ padhoge likhoge banoge nawab, kheloge koodoge to banoge kharab”.

Very true, but is changing albeit very slowly. And it is no surprise that the two regions of India which are doing best in terms of sports- Haryana and NE are regions which have always had a culture of sports/physical activities. Haryana has also had state govts which have prioritised sports and it is showing up in results now.

Regards

@fitpOsitive

Regards
What Pakistan got is a result of pure personal passion. State of Pakistan is no existing here.
While bangladeshis might not be that enthusiastic about sports this time. No need to shame them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom