Pakistan’s Inam Butt optimistic to win gold at Commonwealth Games

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wrestler will be in action on Friday
1659694537904.png

Pakistani star wrestler Inam Butt is optimistic to win gold at the ongoing Commonwealth Games, as he is set to compete today (Friday).

The 33-year-old will be representing the country in wrestling’s 86kg freestyle event in Birmingham.

Talking to SAMAA TV exclusively, the wrestler vowed to make Pakistan proud at the games.

“We are well prepared,” said the Gujranwala-born athlete. “We have been training for the last four months. Training is excellent and will try our best to give an excellent performance in the Commonwealth Games.”

Terming the Commonwealth Games a huge event, Butt said that everyone is keeping an eye on you when you had already bagged a gold medal in the previous edition.

Moreover, Butt was optimistic to repeat the 2010 performance again. “I will consider every fight as my last game and give my best to win the gold for Pakistan.”

Expressing his feeling to lead the Pakistan contingent at the opening ceremony, he said that ‘it is impossible to describe that moment in words’.

“Representing the 22 million people, it is impossible to express my feelings in words,” he said. “I felt immense happiness when I held the Pakistan flag at the opening ceremony.”

Butt, who won multiple medals in different events, vowed to defeat his Indian counterpart Bajrang in the event.

Meanwhile, his Coach Fareed feared that a lack of international-level training could cause Pakistan a medal.

“We have trained our athletes on the best level,” he said. “Summer training in Pakistan will benefit our wrestlers to perform better; however, lack of international level training would be their only shortcoming.”

“If they could get international level training, then it would have been best for them.”

“We had asked Pakistan Sports Board to provide them with international-level training facilities, but they refused,” Fareed added.

Wrestler will be in action on Friday
View attachment 868081
Pakistani star wrestler Inam Butt is optimistic to win gold at the ongoing Commonwealth Games, as he is set to compete today (Friday).

The 33-year-old will be representing the country in wrestling’s 86kg freestyle event in Birmingham.

Talking to SAMAA TV exclusively, the wrestler vowed to make Pakistan proud at the games.

“We are well prepared,” said the Gujranwala-born athlete. “We have been training for the last four months. Training is excellent and will try our best to give an excellent performance in the Commonwealth Games.”

Terming the Commonwealth Games a huge event, Butt said that everyone is keeping an eye on you when you had already bagged a gold medal in the previous edition.

Moreover, Butt was optimistic to repeat the 2010 performance again. “I will consider every fight as my last game and give my best to win the gold for Pakistan.”

Expressing his feeling to lead the Pakistan contingent at the opening ceremony, he said that ‘it is impossible to describe that moment in words’.

“Representing the 22 million people, it is impossible to express my feelings in words,” he said. “I felt immense happiness when I held the Pakistan flag at the opening ceremony.”

Butt, who won multiple medals in different events, vowed to defeat his Indian counterpart Bajrang in the event.

Meanwhile, his Coach Fareed feared that a lack of international-level training could cause Pakistan a medal.

“We have trained our athletes on the best level,” he said. “Summer training in Pakistan will benefit our wrestlers to perform better; however, lack of international level training would be their only shortcoming.”

“If they could get international level training, then it would have been best for them.”

“We had asked Pakistan Sports Board to provide them with international-level training facilities, but they refused,” Fareed added.

Inshallah. India are big players here.

He lost although his right leg had been damaged in an earlier bout and was strapped up. He was the previous twice champion.

6792BA34-A060-490E-8960-66D84FF31284.jpeg

That's not taking anything from Punia who is a very good wrestler and commanded all his bouts.

He lost although his right leg had been damaged in an earlier bout and was strapped up. He was the previous twice champion.

View attachment 868237

That's not taking anything from Punia who is a very good wrestler and commanded all his bouts.
Pakistan has one gold medal match in 125kg men's soon in a few minutes.

A bronze this time.

3 Gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze till now.
Final medals tally will not be as good as last time as Shooting is not there. Let's see how Badminton and Hockey goes.

I think his age went against him. He is 33 now and although has been a very experienced and top class wrestler, now age is not with his side. He looked passive and didn't attack much considering it was a gold medal match.

I think his age went against him. He is 33 now and although has been a very experienced and top class wrestler, now age is not with his side. He looked passive and didn't attack much considering it was a gold medal match.
Hockey semi finals are lined up for India both men's and women's. Get yourself a drink and enjoy.

He lost, the Canadian guy was too good
Weightlifting and Wrestling are the consistent games where Pakistan has got medals at CWG. Last time also it got 5 medals, so that landmark is crossed.

Few more wrestling matches are left tommoro let's see.

Injury took its tool, he couldn't launch from his back leg. But yes I think he may do the olympics and then call it a day. Should pass on his skills to the next generation.

Weightlifting and Wrestling are the consistent games where Pakistan has got medals at CWG. Last time also it got 5 medals, so that landmark is crossed.

Few more wrestling matches are left tommoro let's see.

Yes spot on, it's the stuff they need to build on i.e. the legacy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom