What's new

Bangladesh secure bronze medal in Asian Games

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Bangladesh Women beat Pakistan Women by five wickets to secure the bronze medal in the 19th Asian Games women’s cricket event at the Zhejiang University of Technology Pingfeng Cricket Field in Hangzhou on Monday.

Pakistan, who had won gold medal in the 2010 and 2014 editions, finished on fourth spot in the event.

After being put into bat, Pakistan could only score 64/9 in 20 overs. All-rounder Aliya Riaz top-scored for her side with 17 from 18 balls, hitting two fours.

Captain Nida Dar (14 off 18), Sadaf Shamas (13 off 26) and Natalia Pervaiz (11 off 24) were the other batters to enter double figures.

For Bangladesh, Shorna Akter took three wickets for 16, while Sanjida Akter bagged two wickets.

In reply, Bangladesh lost five wickets, taking 18.2 overs to achieve the modest target. Shorna top-scored for her side with an unbeaten 14 runs off 33 balls.

For Pakistan, left-arm spinner Nashra Sundhu was the top wicket-taker, taking three wickets for 10 runs from four overs.

(PCB media release)

Bangladesh Women beat Pakistan Women by five wickets to secure the bronze medal in the 19th Asian Games women’s cricket event at the Zhejiang University of Technology Pingfeng Cricket Field in Hangzhou on Monday.

Pakistan, who had won gold medal in the 2010 and 2014 editions, finished on fourth spot in the event.

After being put into bat, Pakistan could only score 64/9 in 20 overs. All-rounder Aliya Riaz top-scored for her side with 17 from 18 balls, hitting two fours.

Captain Nida Dar (14 off 18), Sadaf Shamas (13 off 26) and Natalia Pervaiz (11 off 24) were the other batters to enter double figures.

For Bangladesh, Shorna Akter took three wickets for 16, while Sanjida Akter bagged two wickets.

In reply, Bangladesh lost five wickets, taking 18.2 overs to achieve the modest target. Shorna top-scored for her side with an unbeaten 14 runs off 33 balls.

For Pakistan, left-arm spinner Nashra Sundhu was the top wicket-taker, taking three wickets for 10 runs from four overs.

(PCB media release)

Win or lose - womens' cricket is a good thing in my opinion.

Pakistan has a women's cricket team? I didn't know that.

Pakistan has a women's cricket team? I didn't know that.

They have more women's teams for every type of sport. Many more than us.

They even have a women's kabaddi team...

1695801338723.png

Pakistan is not as conservative as I thought. Good to see their women empowerment.

They are not.

People (especially Indians) think that Bangladesh and of course, Pakistan are controlled by Islamic religious extremists, but nothing could be further from the truth. I have visited Pakistan myself and so have some of my friends from Bangladesh, these are misconceptions.

It is a very modern country - though going through some political issues at the moment.

Having respect toward the majority religion is one thing. and of course oppressing religions is another (like they do in Modi's India).

But we can discuss this somewhere else...

Back
Top Bottom