What's new

Which is more advance, JF-17 Block 3 or F-16?

This just shows Pakistani inferiority complex. If the Saab Gripen which is a lightweight fighter jet like the JF-17 can be compared to the F-16 Block 52s, why can’t the JF-17? The JF-17 will bring new technology not yet available to the Block 52 such as AESA radars, Helmet Mounted Display and Sight (PAF F-16s lack AIM-9x & JF-17 Block 3 will resolve this issue with A-Darter potentially) Infrared Search and Track (IRST) including more use of composites to reduce weight and increase payload. Both the F-16s and JF-17 are designed for the same operational capabilities. Both are multirole albeit different weight class. It’s preposterous to claim JF-17 can’t be compared to Block 52. With the anticipated upgrades, JF-17 will be technologically more advanced than F-16 Block 52. Only advtange for the Block 52 will be the range which can be negated with IFR.

They already operating J-10 which is quite comparable to JF-17 and because of the same reason PAF also stopped the purchase of J-10.
You can tell yourself that, but China is continuing on with its variations of J10, and refuses to even induct the J17 in any form.

You can tell yourself that, but China is continuing on with its variations of J10, and refuses to even induct the J17 in any form.
Next when you see yourself in a mirror and ask yourself that I am looking at retard or a stubborn.

Hey nikki haley! Learn something before sprouting non sense
China is a large country while Pakistan is small country both have different requirements.Why should they induct JF-17 if they already have J-10. Worry about your tejas which the iaf won't even induct :lol:

Indian Nikki Haley Says She Is White – Mother Jones
Gov. Haley listed her race as white on her voter registration card
Why such an aggressive reaction. I don't bother to say anything about your Jf17 till you started to compare to our F16. If your aircraft was comparable to our F16 then China would have used it. They refuse to induct it any form for a reason.

Why such an aggressive reaction. I don't bother to say anything about your Jf17 till you started to compare to our F16. If your aircraft was comparable to our F16 then China would have used it. They refuse to induct it any form for a reason.
yup because a bemoth sized china cannot induct light fighter when it has a similar light fighter already in production and run

like every country china built two similar fighters and selected one while PAF selected the other as it was not invovled in the first program, than ofocurse by time jf-17 was in prototype stage the j-10 was already flying

hey Nikki haley this is a military Defence forum what's wrong with such comparisons? No Pakistani claimed JF-17 is superior to F-16. If you are so butt hurt then log out and learn something about Air warfare before you decide to make a fool outta yourself again.

Indian Nikki Haley Says She Is White

They already had the J10 why would they buy JF17s to do the same job?

That would be like the U.S buying a alternative single engine fighter even though they had the F16s

Pakistan couldn't get F16s without strings or all its add one like AESA so we wanted a program that we could guide and collaborate on

China simply wanted us to buy J10s but we would have had very little say in their development

So we partnered with a Chinese company and collaborated on a fighter programme we had total control over

If you look at JF17 block 3 and its alleged goodies you will realise why its so potent because we get things on it that we don't have with the F16s like AESA andvwe are able to make and procure a full spectrum of missiles from air launched cruise missiles to anti radiation missiles

The only country looking to buy an alternative single engine fighter even though they have a in house option is India
And that's because they fcuked up the Tejas program so badly

hey Nikki haley this is a military Defence forum what's wrong with such comparisons? No Pakistani claimed JF-17 is superior to F-16. If you are so butt hurt then log out and learn something about Air warfare before you decide to make a fool outta yourself again.

Indian Nikki Haley Says She Is White
I know a fair amount about air warfare as an enthusiast to submit my views- And without any personal attacks. The JF 17 is more comparable to a previous generation of Migs than a F16. Btw- The first rule of air warfare, check the adversary frontline aircraft you will be facing. Both in your case and China you know what those are and I suspect China knows JF17 is lacking in any form.

Please try to reply without cursing and personal attacks- it only proves you've been perturbed.

They already had the J10 why would they buy JF17s to do the same job?

That would be like the U.S buying a alternative single engine fighter even though they had the F16s

Pakistan couldn't get F16s without strings or all its add one like AESA so we wanted a program that we could guide and collaborate on

China simply wanted us to buy J10s but we would have had very little say in their development

So we partnered with a Chinese company and collaborated on a fighter programme we had total control over

If you look at JF17 block 3 and its alleged goodies you will realise why its so potent because we get things on it that we don't have with the F16s like AESA andvwe are able to make and procure a full spectrum of missiles from air launched cruise missiles to anti radiation missiles

The only country looking to buy an alternative single engine fighter even though they have a in house option is India
And that's because they fcuked up the Tejas program so badly

Question is not why would they buy, rather why would create a whole new platform and not consider it for themselves. The answer is obvious, honestly. It is a costs conscious aircraft with corresponding capabilities.

The US example you gave is precisely my point. The U.S would not create an aircraft platform and not have it in its arsenal. The US sells its F16s to its allies and uses it itself. Its allies don't ask the US to develop a new platform for them.

An aircraft made for limited, small budget airforces around the world should not be compared to an F16 platform.

Question is not why would they buy, rather why would create a whole new platform and not consider it for themselves. The answer is obvious, honestly. It is a costs conscious aircraft with corresponding capabilities.

USA created the F-20 Tigershark with exactly such a philosophy in mind. It does not make the aircraft any less capable for the purposes for which it was designed, including the present JF-17.

USA created the F-20 Tigershark with exactly such a philosophy in mind. It does not make the aircraft any less capable for the purposes for which it was designed, including the present JF-17.
F 20 was privately developed, and it lost out to the early F-16 design. Had it won out, we would have used it too. It would not have been exclusively for export. In this case, China refuses to induct it for a reason. If we having an honest conversation- It falls far short of taking on front-line aircraft of its adversaries (Japan/US/India). And any talk of comparing it to our F16 should be avoided.

Last edited:

You have to stop thinking of this as a join venture between Pakistan and China, thus asking why China would create a platform and not induct it itself is a morons question

This is not a Pakistan and China join venture

This is a join venture between PAF and a chinese company

PAF wanted its own platform, it wanted full control over its direction

It couldn't do this itself so it partnered with a Chinese company with the support of Chinese military/state/government to go forward with this venture

China was already well on its way to develop the J10 by this time, Jf17 was never meant for China

An aircraft made for limited, small budget airforces around the world should not be compared to an F16 platform.
Who says the JF17s ate made for low budget airforces?
PAF has gone to great lengths to not allow the cost of the plane to spiral that would defeat one of its main purposes

But if you look at the development curve of the JF17s heading into Block 3 and you can see the additions that make this plane very good

F16 have a history and pedigree that a new plane should not be compared too this early
But considering the headache that is the USA, its strings attached, the things they refuse to provide, sanctions threat, poor support for plane
The JF17s are a superb replacement that are only getting better

F 20 was privately developed, and it lost out to the early F-16 design. Had it won out, we would have used it too. It would not have been exclusively for export. In this case, China refuses to induct it for a reason. If we having an honest conversation- It falls far short of taking on front-line aircraft of its adversaries (Japan/US/India). And any talk of comparing it to our F16 should be avoided.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Since you bolded a part of my reply- I'll indulge to ask (I believe you were passing your self as an air warfare expert earlier). Please name the front line aircraft(s) you will face from those countries; with your frontline aircraft JF17?

Narrow it to the U.S. and India only because those two adversaries are ones you claim to be a threat. India being a sustained long time adversary and America apparently is one that is going to take away your nuclear weapons (of what I keep reading and hearing about from your neck of the woods). You can even add several emoticons to your reply.

Forget everything in the forum for once and one should analyze this post of Khan sb. How brilliantly this has been put up. Thanks for yet another exceptional post regarding great American industry.

Hi,

Thanks for acknowledging it---.

After reading your comments and re-reading my post for a couple of three times---I also have come to realize that this is one of the most important posts that I have written in my 14 + years on this board---regarding why the american technology is where it is---.

This gives out the real low down on why the americans are so far ahead of Russia / China---.

Most people will not understand what I wrote---but those of you who do---I appreciate your acknowledgment. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom