What's new

Which is more advance, JF-17 Block 3 or F-16?

Hi,

And what else have the wars brought to the american machine---it has brought quality and reliability under extreme duress---.

The americans found out that when you fight a war---your machine has to perform better than the opponents machine and you have to have a massive supply chain to stand behind it---.

So---continuous wars since the late 30's till now---had an exponential effect on the quality and ability of the war machines of the United states---
facts doesnt support your claim..i can go along post statistics like 25% of world manufacturing is china and that china is already bigger economy if adjusted (PPP) and that USA economy is more in retail and is no where near in manufacturing but i have done it before..
it seems fanboys only believe apple so i would post that

even in innovation china has surpassed many countries...
its stupid to compare today china with china of 1990s..
it would be like comparing the japan of 1950s with japan of 1980s when japan went from medicore country to innovation power house
it would be like comparing korea of 1970s to korea of today when it went from country poorer than pakistan to super house of innovation

Hi,

You are in error and mistaken about Japan---. Japan was never a mediocre country when it came to engineering---it had a massive industrial base and weapons of war better than the americans or as good---during ww2---.

It was just that they did not have a land mass like the U S and a non stop running industry to feed the war---.

And as for china----!!!!!

An aircraft that the PLAF refuses to induct to its own fleet is being compared to our beloved F16?

An aircraft that the PLAF refuses to induct to its own fleet is being compared to our beloved F16?
that shows you're an actually an Indian who's knows nothing about JF-17, JF-17 is specifically design for PAF JF-17 has a less range weapon load carrying capacity and its a light weight jet suitable to countries like Pakistan,PLAAF has J-10 with similar capabilities of JF-17 with exception of weapon loadout and range, you're reported for yur trolling @takeitwithyou :blah:

Oh! Well, the thread was worth it for the
use of that Photoshopped title image on
the second video of CFTs on the Thunder!

T'would be such a great export feature ...

Good dreams all, Tay.

Hey nikki haley! Learn something before sprouting non sense
China is a large country while Pakistan is small country both have different requirements.Why should they induct JF-17 if they already have J-10. Worry about your tejas which the iaf won't even induct :lol:

Indian Nikki Haley Says She Is White – Mother Jones
Gov. Haley listed her race as white on her voter registration card

Hey nikki haley! Learn something before sprouting non sense
China is a large country while Pakistan is small country both have different requirements.Why should they induct JF-17 if they already have J-10. Worry about your tejas which the iaf won't even induct :lol:

Indian Nikki Haley Says She Is White – Mother Jones
Gov. Haley listed her race as white on her voter registration card
don't bring Tejas in this thread sir then this thread become troll fart and flamebaiting sir thanks

Thanks for explanation brother , I didn't know that,
I wasn't lucky to be raised in a Muslim family like you.
Alhamdulillah I converted to Islam a year ago only.
Alhamdulillah. Welcome to the folds of Islam my brother. You are more fortunate than all of us so called "born Muslims". Firstly Allah has guided you to his way therefore giving you status.
Secondly all misdeeds you did were wiped out the moment you said the Shahdah.
Thirdly all the good deeds that you did before the shahdah are still counted and indeed some scholars say counted twice.
So do not think of yourself as beneath anyone. You have been elevated by the Creator of All that there is and you have heard his call and obeyed. You are indeed fortunate my brother and at least I envy you. Keep smiling my brother for the bad days of disobedience are gone and the good days of shining in the light of Allah's favour are upon you. Say Allah O akbar or God is Great.
Congratulations once again my brother in Islam.
A

What do you mean?
Hmm What I meant is that I am a bit skeptical on a few things concerning it.

don't bring Tejas in this thread sir then this thread become troll fart and flamebaiting sir thanks
Ok

JF-17 3 hasn't arrived yet but when it comes it would for sure match BLOCK 52 if not better

BLOCK III will come. As for 5th Generation that is separate thing and work on it is going on
I hope so

Alhamdulillah. Welcome to the folds of Islam my brother. You are more fortunate than all of us so called "born Muslims". Firstly Allah has guided you to his way therefore giving you status.
Secondly all misdeeds you did were wiped out the moment you said the Shahdah.
Thirdly all the good deeds that you did before the shahdah are still counted and indeed some scholars say counted twice.
So do not think of yourself as beneath anyone. You have been elevated by the Creator of All that there is and you have heard his call and obeyed. You are indeed fortunate my brother and at least I envy you. Keep smiling my brother for the bad days of disobedience are gone and the good days of shining in the light of Allah's favour are upon you. Say Allah O akbar or God is Great.
Congratulations once again my brother in Islam.
A
Thanks Brother.
Alhamdulillah ,I am really happy to be in this Brotherhood !!
Allah O Akabar !!!

I think when people compare Fighter Jets, they usually consider only the outcome of these Jets going head to head against each other. In general, when a user asks whether JFT B3 is better than F-16 B52+, he/she is asking which would survive if pitted head to head mano-a-mano without external support in a neutral environment.

The reason for that, I believe, is that we consider the F-16's to be the pinnacle of our Air Force strategy and so our reliance on a replacement should be on a platform that can outclass the F-16 B70 let alone B52+.........perhaps it will be J-xx??

The above also stems from the fact that Fighters in PAF inventory will eventually have to face off against IAF Jets which are far superior and so need to be countered with something just as good, eventually.
OK. Jf has a few advantages.
A. Low RCS therefore difficult to pinpoint in the air.
B. Our product with open architecture therefore easier to integrate any weapon we care to induct.
C. Diversity of weapons already mated to the platfofm make it a true multi role AC.
D. No fear of sanctions.
Where it loses out:
A. 16s with CFT have unmatched range.
B. The quality of Radar and avionics is leagues above.Higher resolution and capability to track and attack targets simultaneously.
C. Better percormance of AMRAAM and other missiles.
D. More powerful engine giving better maneouverability.
E. Overall better and more reliable engine which needs less maintenance.
F. Can carry more weapons over all.
G. Inspite of their loud protestations the IAF does not want to engage a PAF 16. EVEN THE IDAF 16s ran away on a chance encounter with???(Windy knows who) at the Indo Pak border.
A

Pappu yaar.
As they said in an old song
"Dil jalta hai to jalnay day.
Burnol laga faryaad na kar
Tu thaila Nasheen ka Ashiq hai.
Youn Naam e wafaa be daagh na Kar".
A

They already operating J-10 which is quite comparable to JF-17 and because of the same reason PAF also stopped the purchase of J-10.

Hi,

The revolution started with steam locomotive---. There was a race for the fastest locomotive for passenger trains---and the strongest locomotive for the goods train amongst the different railways in the US---.

You would know that the railways were owned by private owners in the US---.

The race for speed and power and to be number 1 brought in a better product in the market year after year---.

When the gasoline engine came about---same thing happened---motorcycles---car engines---motorcycle racing---auto racing---aircraft engine aircraft racing---.

Behind the greatness of all the american engine technology is RACING---. Racing takes the machine to its maximum capabilities and the one who is a winner had big big monetary rewards.

And the endurance of the machine while it is driven at its maximum rpm's for a longtime tells you about the quality of the product---.

There was money---there was resource---there was brain power---. Every success story from everywhere in the world ended up in the U S---brains from every culture and ethnic group in the world found a home in the U S---.

From WW2 the US found that wars on foreign soils are very good for the economy and for the industrial progress ( the pakistani fools had no clue when the GCC asked for help )---due to need and necessity---so they pushed themselves into a continuous state of war against any country that they could find to go to war with---.

They also learnt that the purpose of the war was not to win---just prolong the war---that would keep the industry going strong---.

The korean war---the cold war---the vietnam war---the afghan war---then iraq war---then afghan war and then iraq war and then Libya and syria wars---.

There is one thing in common in all these war---the american war machine kept moving forward at a blistering pace---it tested all its older weapons in the 1st gulf war---it prepared newer weapons and tested them in the 2nd gulf war---.

Money got poured into weapons systems---and newer and deadlier machine came churning out---.

Now---compare it to china---. China has no experience of modern warfare---.

The only reason it is putting money into newer weapons is due to the fear of war---.

There is no innovation in the chinese industrial complex---there are no chinese engine used for motorcycle racing or for auto racing---there are no racing aircraft engines either or speed boat racing engines either---.

I hope the reader here gets to what I am saying---. The american experience is an extremely unique experience as compared to the chinese experience---.

Has china come a long ways in the last 20 years---off course it has---.

And what else have the wars brought to the american machine---it has brought quality and reliability under extreme duress---.

The americans found out that when you fight a war---your machine has to perform better than the opponents machine and you have to have a massive supply chain to stand behind it---.

So---continuous wars since the late 30's till now---had an exponential effect on the quality and ability of the war machines of the United states---

Forget everything in the forum for once and one should analyze this post of Khan sb. How brilliantly this has been put up. Thanks for yet another exceptional post regarding great American industry.

OK. Jf has a few advantages.
A. Low RCS therefore difficult to pinpoint in the air.
B. Our product with open architecture therefore easier to integrate any weapon we care to induct.
C. Diversity of weapons already mated to the platfofm make it a true multi role AC.
D. No fear of sanctions.
Where it loses out:
A. 16s with CFT have unmatched range.
B. The quality of Radar and avionics is leagues above.Higher resolution and capability to track and attack targets simultaneously.
C. Better percormance of AMRAAM and other missiles.
D. More powerful engine giving better maneouverability.
E. Overall better and more reliable engine which needs less maintenance.
F. Can carry more weapons over all.
G. Inspite of their loud protestations the IAF does not want to engage a PAF 16. EVEN THE IDAF 16s ran away on a chance encounter with???(Windy knows who) at the Indo Pak border.
A

Thanks for the reply. I think this post provides a much better insight into advantages v/s disadvantages.

Now the second part of the question, what is PAF doing to make the JF comparable to the F-16 B70. I recall that AESA radars, composites, better engine, IRST, HMD etc., are some of the improvements slated to be a part of B3.

Also, some comments on your points above:

A. 16s with CFT have unmatched range. (May be irrelevant in our particular scenario as JFTs now have IFR)
B. The quality of Radar and avionics is leagues above.Higher resolution and capability to track and attack targets simultaneously. (This is a serious drawback and needs to be resolved)
C. Better percormance of AMRAAM and other missiles. (We have AMRAAM version C5; I have read that SD series is atleast as capable as AMRAAM v5 if not better)
D. More powerful engine giving better maneouverability. (when can we expect a better Chinese engine, or a Russian alternative?)

well, i really like the JF-17s and i am proud of it. but its Light weight aircraft, the f-16s are medium weight aircrafts, if i am not wrong windy bhai already said that about 2012/13 the f-16s are gonna retire. pakistan wont get SLEEP programe becoz its only for USAF, so when PAF f-16s will retire, what will we have to fill the gap in medium weight category ? can someone plz answer this.
i know PAF dont want J-10, but i think J-10 is a good choice to fill the gap of f-16s.

F 16 is better than JF 17 but Its depend on the role and mission assigned to JF 17 Block 3. JF 17 is better than Pakistani version of F 16. But F 16 to other nations are better than JF 17. Pakistani bases and Indian bases are near to border. so in this scenario, JF 17 suits Pakistan Air Warfare Doctrine, It is just my point of view and I think due to below mention reasons, Pakistan's establishment is heavily invested and concentrated on development of JF 17.
  • Air to Air Combat at border-- F 16 is better but due to long rang Chinese BVR and anti radiation missiles, JF 17 is best.
  • Air to Air Combat Deep inside enemy Territory-- F 16 is best
  • Air Space Protection in Pakistan Scenario-- JF 17 is best
  • Air to Ground Combat-- JF 17 due to some Indigenous Weapons systems
  • Deep Strike --F 16
  • Air to subsurface Sea attack--JF 17
  • Air Space Surveillance-- JF 17
  • LOC Combat-- JF 17
  • Af-Pak Border-- JF 17
  • Vital Assets (Ground + Air Based) Protection-- JF 17
  • Launching of Indigenous Weapons --JF 17
  • Deployment of Fighters in Friendly Countries in time of war--JF 17
  • Utilization of Link 17 to connect AWACS and Drones-- JF 17