What's new

Which countries eat the most meat?

I would be careful now you are on their list of next animal.:lol:

Chill LOL you think I am kidding though I seen pics of dogs for sale in the market I was like o_O lol. I had a guard dog in Pakistan so I can never imagine such a thing lol.

Food item Unit Global average water footprint (litres)
Apple or pear 1 kg 700
Banana 1 kg 860
Beef 1 kg----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 15,500
Beer (from barley) 1 glass of 250 ml 75
Bread (from wheat) 1 kg 1,300
Cabbage 1 kg 200
Cheese 1 kg 5,000
Chicken 1 kg 3,900
Chocolate 1 kg -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------24,000
Coffee 1 cup of 125 ml 140
Cucumber or pumpkin 1 kg 240
Dates 1 kg 3,000
Groundnuts (in shell) 1 kg 3,100
Lettuce 1 kg 130
Maize 1 kg 900
Mango 1 kg 1,600
Milk 1 glass of 250 ml 250
Olives 1 kg 4,400
Orange 1 kg 460
Peach or nectarine 1 kg 1,200
Pork 1 kg --------------------------------------------------------------4,800
Potato 1 kg 250
Rice 1 kg 3,400
Sugar (from sugar cane) 1 kg 1,500
Tea 1 cup of 250 ml 30
Tomato 1 kg 180
Wine 1 glass of 125 ml 120

Still meat takes huge amount of water and growing period which also includes their intake of food .

Reference: http://www.waterfootprint.org/Reports/Hoekstra-2008-WaterfootprintFood.pdf

It has nothing to do with Inferiority complex, Just while doing this little research i remembered how here on PDF paksitanis brag about Meat and their consumption.

Plus I said on the table...In Western country you can not import vege directly from the backyard...

When it is growing you need to add pesticides and herbicides and what not....make sure no insect laid eggs in it...clean it wash it...give it expensive treatments (all of which requires use of water...yup all the machines requiring treatemtns require water to wash away trace elements and all that crap ...) so when you compare processed or boneless meat with simple farmer vege you are not doing any justice...I get my meat from the butcher -- unprocessed....while i get my vege from the supermarket imported and processed...

:coffee:

Plus I said on the table...In Western country you can not import vege directly from the backyard...

When it is growing you need to add pesticides and herbicides and what not....make sure no insect laid eggs in it...clean it wash it...give it expensive treatments (all of which requires use of water...yup all the machines requiring treatemtns require water to wash away trace elements and all that crap ...) so when you compare processed or boneless meat with simple farmer vege you are not doing any justice...I get my meat from the butcher -- unprocessed....while i get my vege from the supermarket imported and processed...

:coffee:

Find a bazaar , generally in EU you can find them on Saturday's. There you can buy direct produce of farmers from their backyard :tup: Be it Vege or meat or eggs

Back
Top Bottom