What's new

What if Pakistan & India were together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, would love if we were one country.
Second, Kashmir will never be resolved.
Third, reunification will never happen.

It would have been a recipe of disaster. Muslims and Hindus are like oil and water. Muslims being a minority would have suffered under hindu majority.

Rightly said. And that's what Allah says in Quran:

[5.82] Certainly you will find the most violent of people in enmity for those who believe (to be) the Jews and those who are polytheists, and you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe (to be) those who say: We are Christians; this is because there are priests and monks among them and because they do not behave proudly.

Alert! before you people start grilling me for this title "What if Pakistan & India were together ?" or even start trolling. Lets just assume, what would be the scenario if we both (India & Pakistan) were together or could form a union. I know this is nearly impossible but just for the sake of knowledge and discussion, I'd like to know what we could have achieved together and what would be the dynamics of this region.

Do you think we could have been a potential candidate for a super power ? and how our relations would have been with our current neighbors. Plus give your serious input of our potential together and what challenges we would have faced.

@dadeechi

I answered this some days ago, not even weeks ago.:p:

"Three blunders of Nehru let to the creation of Pakistan" - Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (India Wins Freedom)

It appears that by torpedoing Cabinet Mission Plan, which Mr. Jinnah accepted, to make India into a confederation of 3 entities Mr. Nehru confirmed that "let it be small but let it be mine"...

Only partially true. It was a very, very complex situation. After ploughing through a lot of books, my recommendation is Meghnad Desai's Rediscovery of India. Gives the most balanced picture.

India would have probably crushed under its own weight... muslims would have demanded independence anyway after a few years, and it would have been very difficult to keep them in.
just look at the number of separatist movements we got since independence.

Relations with Bangladesh may have been better.

I said personally :) and blame others is always a releiving policy .. who said murderer of Gandhi is worshiped .... If you use the word lawyer then i can agree with you 100% but leader I again rate Liaqat ali Khan more ( personal views LMAO )
just yesterday @CorporateAffairs was glorifying him..

with the natural resources and strategic position, It "could" have been a great nation.

Reality though is that there is a lot of historical hatred that could have easily derailed the nation.

Comedy Time again. :yahoo:

India should do 2 things first in order to make their dreams come true

1. Stop the hatred that they have it post independence.
2. Stop dreaming abt Greater India....
:p::p::p::p::p:

Ugly peoples and dark Girls + no beef tikka biryani and kabab:hitwall::hitwall:

"Three blunders of Nehru let to the creation of Pakistan" - Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (India Wins Freedom)

It appears that by torpedoing Cabinet Mission Plan, which Mr. Jinnah accepted, to make India into a confederation of 3 entities Mr. Nehru confirmed that "let it be small but let it be mine"...
You have deep knowledge of Muslim history :tup:

Well all differences aside:coffee: because there was less chances of hatred if there were no difference in individual /party formation for a separate country which were the reason for formation of both the nations:cray::

1: it would be worlds 3rd largest country
2: worlds 3 rd largest population acc. to me :pleasantry: because their wouldn't be race for large population growth between the nations .
3: world surely be one of the major contender for super power since then we would either be in the stage of economical development along with race from china for strategic development no offence .
4: one of the fastest growing economy with a better living since those wars we fought could have been eliminated & money spent on them could have been used for better purpose.
5: we were to be having all hockey trophy till date along with cricket trophy :dance3:.

6: Bangladesh along with Nepal could have been the integral part of the nation .

7: we could have been world leaders in clean energy because of the availability of vast resources from air to water along with solar & thorium :drag:
and death of those more than million people could have been avoided:guns::cheesy::cray:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom