What's new

What if Pakistan & India were together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HttpError

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Alert! before you people start grilling me for this title "What if Pakistan & India were together ?" or even start trolling. Lets just assume, what would be the scenario if we both (India & Pakistan) were together or could form a union. I know this is nearly impossible but just for the sake of knowledge and discussion, I'd like to know what we could have achieved together and what would be the dynamics of this region.

Do you think we could have been a potential candidate for a super power ? and how our relations would have been with our current neighbors. Plus give your serious input of our potential together and what challenges we would have faced.

@dadeechi

Well good things would be such as:
  • Much lower expenditure on arms, which eats away much of the budget
  • Larger intellectual pool
  • Only 1 competitor, China
  • More toilets, less poverty, less mulla raj
  • A proper recognition in world's powers like china. Actually it could have surpassed china
  • IT/ Software leader of the world
And bad things would be:
  • Depending on situation there could be ethnic violence on a larger scale esp. with rise of RSS
  • Next to afghan haram khors pouring in to ruin economy and living quality
  • Possible inclusion of Muslims in a system similar to caste
  • Cow dilemma. Esp with Eid festivities
  • Forced to be a major player shaping Asia's future by other powers, at the moment two countries act as counter balance to each other in many aspects.

Some things that I could think of.

Solve Kashmir issue without that no any positive approach even thinkable. Even If Kashmir dispute solved we need to draw some lines for the relationships that could be not more than economical or cultural.

It would have been a recipe of disaster. Muslims and Hindus are like oil and water. Muslims being a minority would have suffered under hindu majority.

^and this mentality is the reason on topic alot of domestic issues but no 4 wars and no nuclear threat hanging over ea other

with the natural resources and strategic position, It "could" have been a great nation.

Reality though is that there is a lot of historical hatred that could have easily derailed the nation.

"Three blunders of Nehru let to the creation of Pakistan" - Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (India Wins Freedom)

It appears that by torpedoing Cabinet Mission Plan, which Mr. Jinnah accepted, to make India into a confederation of 3 entities Mr. Nehru confirmed that "let it be small but let it be mine"...

There would have been bomb blasts everywhere.

People would be killing each other. Rwanda and Somalia would be minor skirmishes in comparison.

Everyone who is able, would pack up and try to leave as refugees. Eventually the refugee problem would be so bad that the UN would step in and possibly break up into ethnic countries.

The sub continent would then be a Balkanized, poverty struck warlike little countries that put all their energies into fighting each other.

Half the countries would be under military rule the other half in chaos or communism.

Partition was the best thing to happen to the sub continent - maybe the way it was done could have been improved.

there is no point in discussing coulda shoulda woulda, live in the present. Fire and water don't mix, if they do, one has to stop existing.

Alert! before you people start grilling me for this title "What if Pakistan & India were together ?" or even start trolling. Lets just assume, what would be the scenario if we both (India & Pakistan) were together or could form a union. I know this is nearly impossible but just for the sake of knowledge and discussion, I'd like to know what we could have achieved together and what would be the dynamics of this region.

Do you think we could have been a potential candidate for a super power ? and how our relations would have been with our current neighbors. Plus give your serious input of our potential together and what challenges we would have faced.

@dadeechi

@dadeechi
The fact that we are not together is attributed to two nation theory. We need a strong anti thesis to bring about a synthesis.

image.gif

@dadeechi
Civil war would be my guess.

Even though Muslims would still be a minority in literal terms, the population would be around 506 million. Which would be more than the entire pop of 3rd most populous country.

I personally think it's impossible for a place with majority Muslims within an otherwise secular union to not ask either for a separate country or for Sharia or persecute minorities in some form or other. So this being together wont work. Ever.

On a lighter note. The together entity would have a fantastic Field Hockey & Cricket team.
As an Indian we would have a chance to say we have/had world champions in squash.
As a Pakistani you will have a chance to say we have world champions in almost every other field.

:D

Last edited:
I just fail to understand why do people come up with such stupid scenarios? Your country is your Motherland, who want's to come with sick ideas and scenarios which start with loosing your very own identity/existence? it's like thinking what would have happened if one's mother was married to some fucked up bastard..........get a life, feel proud in who you are. what so great about being called a super power that you even consider losing your ID.

@dadeechi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom