What's new

What are the additional options for PAF EW and blinder squadron?

Young man, this information you will be hard pressed to find. 99.99% is never published.
Yep, I’ve searched a lot for it, it’s one of those things that’s probably not on the internet, understandably.

More specialized aircrafts (probably based on same platform as Navy's Sea Sultan or other Embraer's small passenger liners) with EW, ESM, ECM/ECCM, SIGINT, COMINT, etc. capabilities must be inducted with TOT for 3 squadrons (one each for the 3 regional Commands).

We must have the capability to update softwares/hardwares & add more capabilities as per the changing threat environment.

The importance of EW can be drawn from the fact that IAF uses IN's P-8I in Ladakh area to monitor activities as they don't have any dedicated aircraft.

D
I’m honestly not sure, I think the Norwegian airforce operates the DA20 ECM/ELINT aircraft as well, but I could not find much on what Jammers and equipment it has, or wether the ones on the PAF ones have been upgraded or not.
Dont u think we need new jammers

Apart from israel who makes better jammers

D

Off Course, more dedicated jammers are needed, likely a very good lesson learned out of the Feb-26-27 fiasco. I am surprised PAF is not looking at adding additional 72/100 odd fighters based on how the month long constant patrol showed lack of coverage towards the end.

US, China, Russia, France ( ? ), Turkey is trying to get into this fray as well.

PAF Options: Leonardo or Turkey, just like PN has opted for Sea Sultan, PAF will do similar. However, I doubt very much that PAF will select Embraer, see the example of PN ATR-72 when PAF had already selected SAAB 2000, as no synergy exists between the Armed Forces.

Last edited:
Correct me if wrong ...

Have read somewhere (couldn't find the source link) that there are 4 - 5 DA20s acquired by Pakistan (which branch didn't mention)..... anyone can confirm??

Belives Blinders sqd have 3 DA20s....

D

We used to but that unit here was shut down for a while when i was at Grinel. Reutech has a component that does it as well. Best unit right now is via elta.

My concern is two fold - one is in the air and denial of airspace.; the second is sea based. If you look right now, there is a lot of emphasis on mmw - milimeter wave. With many ships taking to sea by PN, it is assumed that they are paying attention to this new sphere of evolving threats across not only from bigger adversaries but also from low cost players in the region. This has been already worked out as mmw decoys which are now available here based on my last seminar.

These are larger systems; now what is already on our sights is the ability to take over drones which is next biggest bet. This implies denial of gps environments, and of biggest importance is ability to take over an enemy drone either by shadowing it and taking over the link from its actual operator; this has already been shown to be easily doable. Especially with the advent of larger strike drones coming online, this capability is must have vs the traditional EW we have been accustomed to.

Hope that helps somewhat.

How so sure u r that no available for pak

Not sure if you ever read anything about the original contract between Russia and China concerning the licence production ... it included a strict non-export clause of any Chinese built Flanker to any other country and so far - esp. in mind that China otherwise neglected or even broke other contract obligations - it at least obeyed to this part and I'm sure it will do so in the future too.

How so sure u r that no available for pak
I guess there are two obstacles, first is a severe shortage of engine. The jet is powered by WS-10C, a 14.5 tons hi-thrust engine (don't confuse that with medium-thrust like M88 (7.5 tons) on Rafale, RD93 on JF-17, WS-13, F404/414 on Tejas/Gripen, or EJ200 on Typhoon) of which the production rate is far below soaring domestic demand. Order of AL-31 has already stopped since 2017, so until WS-15 gets inducted for J-20 and production rate of WS-10C gets ramped up, the shortage problem will continue to haunt the entire PLAAF/PLAN let alone J-16D.

Even if the first obstacle can be overcome, the second obstacle is getting waiver from Russia. The air-frame is a Flanker design IP, as per agreement no export is allowed.

Last edited:
Correct me if wrong ...

Have read somewhere (couldn't find the source link) that there are 4 - 5 DA20s acquired by Pakistan (which branch didn't mention)..... anyone can confirm??

Belives Blinders sqd have 3 DA20s....

WHAT IS YOUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN?
Even if the first obstacle can be overcome, the second obstacle is getting waiver from Russia. The air-frame is a Flanker design IP, as per agreement no export is allowed.

Shouldn't be a problem between China - Russia. There are much BIGGER things at stake here than waiver for an IP.

Capability wise yes, bu it is not available for Pakistan.
Perhaps the same (or similar) pods on a business jet. A long range design like the Embraer Business jets. Small but top notch performance at a base price of only $21 million per a 2018 Forbes article

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom