What's new

US Considers F-35 Aircraft Sale To UAE

As for UAE being behind the Palestinian-Israeli conflict etc. well that is quite frankly as logical as saying that Australian aboriginals originate from Finland.

@Khafee is the better person to discuss this with as I am not from the UAE.

Where did I say that???

As for the one you calling khafee... whoever is against him is a Mullah playing incest with ayathollahs...

Where did I say that???

As for the one you calling khafee... whoever is against him is a Mullah playing incest with ayathollahs...

Well, it is sometimes difficult to interpret your posts when they are this short and occasionally cryptic. All I am saying is that UAE is no saint nor a devil in the region. I think that I have argued why that is quite well.

I did not call anyone I simply tacked the only Emirati on PDF (from what I know of) as I am not an Emirati. Khafee being my senior (most probably twice as old if not more) and knowing more about what is going on in the UAE, is the best one to discuss such topics with. All I am saying.

BTW regarding the Mullah's, he has a point often (PDF speaks for itself in this regard, I am sure you know what I am talking about and has seen it yourself) but he is wrong in your case with all due respect. As I see it at least.

Anyway gotta go. Take care bro.

You need to re-read what I posted incase you missed the points about the outstanding issues and the possibility of being offered a custom (read less capable) platform. If UAE get a fully spec'd aircraft, that is excellent for them, but I do not think that will happen.;)

Sir, the first Blk60 landed in 2004~2005, and till the Adir landed in Dec 2016, it was the UAEAF who had the "QME."

You are entitled to your opinion.

but the truth is that the worldI frankly don't see a single country attacking KSA any time soon. Makkah and Madinah helps on that,
Well, every other entities who had Makkah and Madinah under their control..;hope the same if they were attacked... But he problem is that most forget... is that THe holy cities were always conquered by Muslims from differents factions... (Sunnite or shiite) therefore no one came to the rescue of the previous owner... I will not count on it... only if it's an outsider...

No exchange is possible with Khafee...tbh I never saw him exchange on a topic without insulting where views were different... so no counting on that either...

You need to re-read what I posted incase you missed the points about the outstanding issues and the possibility of being offered a custom (read less capable) platform. If UAE get a fully spec'd aircraft, that is excellent for them, but I do not think that will happen.;)
What do you take the UAE for bro..look at the F-16 Block 60 and the Mirage 2k-9.. both are unique platforms at the edge of technology..much more advanced that the standard ones.. that should tell you a lot about the coming F-35s..it will also be unique with above average standard capabilities.. mostly when they are negotiating for only 24 planes which make it more affordable to add and change any components with better ones..But for now the Standard US F-35s are quite sophisticated and you can be sure that the UAE will get at least the full standard like the European, Japanese or South Korean ones.. no doubt about that.. the US even trust the UAE with its F-22 stationed there permanently..

Newer platforms are designed to be customizable for every end user. There is no such thing as a "fully spec'ed" aircraft anymore, just custom configurations that work exactly as ordered and delivered.

Even the configuration of US aircraft is designed not to be static, but endlessly customizable. That intentional feature has been the source of many problems that have been highlighted many times, but are at last being resolved satisfactorily.

Last edited:
Anyway... Good Luck for them.
My sentiments exactly. I hope to see and I will party the day I see UAE F-35s, KSA F-35s cruising in the same formation as Israeli F-35s and even better Israeli airforce posted in Saudia Arabia to protect it against external threats in some ME alliance like NATO. That will happen. Although considerable water will flow under the bridge before that happens.

My angle is simple. We have a large retarded constituency inside Pakistan and abroad who believe in this ummah dream and place KSA in the centre of it and hatred of Israel as two cornestones of their world. Forget about Pakistan in UK I have driven past McDonalds on cold winter evening and seen bunch of *faggot* Pakistanis standing with placards and croaking about Palestine and Zonist Israel and McDs Jewish angle. The level of hatred for Israel in Pakistan is probably greater than even the Palestinians who have historically sided with India.

You get regular threads by Pakistanis in this forum getting orgasms about the soi called PAF pilots who fought against Israel in Jordan. We got fcuked by India more times than I can count. Kashmiris right now are being raped over the LOC by Indian Army and these*faggot* Pakistanis can't think of anything but Palestine.

The fact that Pakistan have this retarded inexplicable hatred for Israel is well known now. And Pakistan pays the price. I see it. The media in most of the Western world is owned by Jewish interests and it naturally churns against Pakistan. Pakistan is poor country. It can't afford the price tag that comes with being the mother of all Israel haters.

And I find these *faggot* Pakistani take their cue from KSA who they look at as some sort of iteration of Allah's munificience on earth. The day KSA "outs" the truth that all of us with a working brain know will be the day that these Pakistani I talk about might wake up from their retardness.

That is why I am big fan of MBS in KSA. The change he wishes will send waves outwards.

F-35 costs less than Typhoon or Rafale but way more effective.

The Arabs of the UAE sure love their shiny toys.
Toys can do good job:

323245-alexfas01.jpg

My sentiments exactly. I hope to see and I will party the day I see UAE F-35s, KSA F-35s cruising in the same formation as Israeli F-35s and even better Israeli airforce posted in Saudia Arabia to protect it against external threats in some ME alliance like NATO. That will happen. Although considerable water will flow under the bridge before that happens.

My angle is simple. We have a large retarded constituency inside Pakistan and abroad who believe in this ummah dream and place KSA in the centre of it and hatred of Israel as two cornestones of their world. Forget about Pakistan in UK I have driven past McDonalds on cold winter evening and seen bunch of *faggot* Pakistanis standing with placards and croaking about Palestine and Zonist Israel and McDs Jewish angle. The level of hatred for Israel in Pakistan is probably greater than even the Palestinians who have historically sided with India.

You get regular threads by Pakistanis in this forum getting orgasms about the soi called PAF pilots who fought against Israel in Jordan. We got fcuked by India more times than I can count. Kashmiris right now are being raped over the LOC by Indian Army and these*faggot* Pakistanis can't think of anything but Palestine.

The fact that Pakistan have this retarded inexplicable hatred for Israel is well known now. And Pakistan pays the price. I see it. The media in most of the Western world is owned by Jewish interests and it naturally churns against Pakistan. Pakistan is poor country. It can't afford the price tag that comes with being the mother of all Israel haters.

And I find these *faggot* Pakistani take their cue from KSA who they look at as some sort of iteration of Allah's munificience on earth. The day KSA "outs" the truth that all of us with a working brain know will be the day that these Pakistani I talk about might wake up from their retardness.

That is why I am big fan of MBS in KSA. The change he wishes will send waves outwards.

While I agree with your points by large. I tend to dislike the same people with such sentiments and trust me the other way around (Islamists barking about KSA and Arabs in general) are even more numerous in numbers. Also I would add Iran to your list as well as PDF have proven to me and most others beyond any doubt that there are also Pakistanis on PDF who act more Iranian than the Iranian themselves. To an extend that I have seen nowhere else and I notice that Pakistanis have commented about this as well.

Well, every other entities who had Makkah and Madinah under their control..;hope the same if they were attacked... But he problem is that most forget... is that THe holy cities were always conquered by Muslims from differents factions... (Sunnite or shiite) therefore no one came to the rescue of the previous owner... I will not count on it... only if it's an outsider...

No exchange is possible with Khafee...tbh I never saw him exchange on a topic without insulting where views were different... so no counting on that either...

Those are old days. We won't see a repeat of that. Makkah and Madina (aside from being two cities that are well over 3 millennia old each - one of the oldest cities in fact out there have always been Hijazi cities inhabited by Hijazis) are well-established Saudi Arabian cities nowadays. Anyone who attempts to target those cities (including fellow Muslims) will pretty much be castrated and left aside for good. Also never in history has anyone invaded/conquered all of Arabia despite numerous attempts since time immortal nor is this the era of conquest. The Americans are still in Afghanistan 16 years on and are "unable" to defeat Taliban members. Obviously they could level all of Afghanistan to the ground within minutes but we have moved from a time where a few great generals (Alexander the Great, Umar ibn al-Khattab (ra), Khalid ibn Walid (ra), Genghis Khan etc.) could conquer the known world or half of the world (more or less back then). I know for a fact that any conqueror would face hell on earth. There are certain lines that won't be crossed without consequences and an attack on Makkah and Madinah will practically unite everyone in KSA, even the atheists. All differences will be left aside. And I don't expect most of the 500 million Arabs and 1.7 billion Muslims (mainly the 1.5 billion Sunnis) to look at this mildly either.

F-35 costs less than Typhoon or Rafale but way more effective.

Toys can do good job:

View attachment 436748

That was a good one indeed.

And I don't expect most of the 500 million Arabs and 1.7 billion Muslims (mainly the 1.5 billion Sunnis) to look at this mildly either.

if it's an outsider, yes... But if taken by other muslims and taking into account KSA "pedrigue" on the region in the past few decades... I will not count on many muslims help either... I will not be suprised if a good part will side with the other one...

Per exemple this scenario, "IF" - you get an Egypt vs KSA or Turkey vs KSA or even an IRaqi one... I'm pretty sure the KSA side will be the minority... (with no Western forces involved ofc)

if it's an outsider, yes... But if taken by other muslims and taking into account KSA "pedrigue" on the region in the past few decades... I will not count on many muslims help either... I will not be suprised if a good part will side with the other one...

Per exemple this scenario, "IF" - you get an Egypt vs KSA or Turkey vs KSA or even an IRaqi one... I'm pretty sure the KSA side will be the minority... (with no Western forces involved ofc)

Which other Muslims exactly? Which Muslims can even challenge the diplomatic, economic, geographic, resource, population (80 million and growing if Yemen is added) and military might of the GCC alone? And do you really think that the most powerful Arab country currently and in the past many decades (ever since Egypt's retreat) will challenge KSA when that has never happened in history even once? There is a reason why Saddam Hussein's Iraq chose tiny Kuwait and not KSA. And that KSA was a KSA from 30 years ago. Today we are talking about a completely different beast altogether.

The reality is that KSA, UAE and Egypt alone is enough to tackle any opportunists in the region and here I am not talking about millions of civilian Arabs, Muslims, the West, diplomatic clout etc.

The only regime/country that has even remotely such fantasies is Iran and they have not dared even thinking about such fantasy plans for more than a few minutes or seconds. Nor would they be able to succeed at all of course.

Instigating trouble in Bilad al-Haramain (regime in power is irrelevant here) is a red line. Those who tried in the past were always dealt with eventually. For a reason.

Anyway let us return to the topic.

Newer platforms are designed to be customizable for every end user. There is no such thing as a "fully spec'ed" aircraft anymore, just custom configurations that work exactly as ordered and delivered.

Even the configuration of US aircraft is designed not to be static, but endlessly customizable. That intentional feature has been the source of many problems that have been highlighted many times, but are at last being resolved satisfactorily.

I think folks need to read before blindly commenting. Customization has degrees. There are inherent capabilities allowed and disallowed depending on where you sit on the ladder. Take the block example. Not all nations will get the same capabilities depending on the clearance available (example DRFM and AShM integration exclusion from blk52s for some customers). There are capabilities and openness in the architecture allowed for partner nations to leverage or further exploit. However there are restrictions placed on exporting these capabilities and only lifted on a case by case basis. This goes all the more with the more advanced, software centric platforms.
Sir, the first Blk60 landed in 2004~2005, and till the Adir landed in Dec 2016, it was the UAEAF who had the "QME."

You are entitled to your opinion.
As I have said before, if UAE get the F-35 at the same level as most other NATO nations, they are fine and good and one would be happy for them. However as I have posted in the article for reference, there are a lot of factors involved which will push the UAE specifications to be not at the same level as those offered to Israel for obvious reasons.

On the issue of QME, that is calculated holistically. When the UAE were bringing F-16 blk 60s on, there were already enough blk-52s with upgraded avionics with the IDF and on top of that, they had plans in place for inducting an additional air superiority platform in the form of F-15I which for the Israelis is the tip of the spear in air to air roles along with precision attack. So the idea is to always have the advantage with Israel. For the UAE, that in and of itself is not an issue, however getting clearance for all the bells and whistles from the US side would challenging.

There maybe a complete rethink and they may decide to offer it up to the UAE, but then that opens up the doors for the Saudis (who had their second F-15 deal held up by Congress (due to pro-Israel lobby's concerns for years) so there are a lot of factors at play here.

Back
Top Bottom