What's new

UAE (Based-Pakistani) firms to invest $25bn in real estate industry

Why not invest in startups or manufacturing sector?
Startup funding will gradually increase as the economy recovers. As much as I would love to see investments in large scale manufacturing, I don't see it happening for at least a year. We should go all out in improving our agriculture and IT industry. We need to greatly shrink our trade deficit in a way that doesn't sacrifice out economic growth hence I am advocating to go all out in agriculture and IT industry. Once our trade deficit shrinks, we will start seeing significant investments in large scale manufacturing.

@VCheng @waz @Meengla @farok84 @Bleek @FuturePAF Am I wrong?

Startup funding will gradually increase as the economy recovers. As much as I would love to see investments in large scale manufacturing, I don't see it happening for at least a year. We should go all out in improving our agriculture and IT industry. We need to greatly shrink our trade deficit in a way that doesn't sacrifice out economic growth hence I am advocating to go all out in agriculture and IT industry. Once our trade deficit shrinks, we will start seeing significant investments in large scale manufacturing.

@VCheng @waz @Meengla @farok84 @Bleek @FuturePAF Am I wrong?

Good points, but Pakistan's investment and development needs are dire all across the board. Any area that receives such support is important and will deliver tangible benefits in short order. We have to start somewhere.

Good points, but Pakistan's investment and development needs are dire all across the board. Any area that receives such support is important and will deliver tangible benefits in short order. We have to start somewhere.
Two points.

1. Terms and condition should be read, so that long term interests are not jeopardized. I know it says real estate, but when local demand will be limited, these firms could easily pivot to other assets. The independence of Karachi port from a takeover by an Adani backed UAE company has to be prevented.

2. I agree that it has be to an all across the board approach of attracting FDI, but promises of FDI have a way of undermining the impetus to make domestic reforms. Reforms need to be done reagardless of if the FDI is coming. If it comes it should be seen as a bonus, but not central to the strategy for growth and recovery.

Smells of Asim’s claim that investment of billions from Middle East is coming soon.

The Saudi prince MBS did not even bother landing in Pakistan, when he was travelling back from India.

This is all BS.

Last edited:
Get over real estate garbage ,,, invest in exports and local manufacturing industry ...
It is a way to reticular old money into new.

you are right, investments in education, R&D, technology and manufacturing and these idiots want only houses... for the elites.

Back
Top Bottom