What's new

UAE (Based-Pakistani) firms to invest $25bn in real estate industry

Maula Jatt

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: A conglomerate of Real Estate companies from the United Arab Emirates will invest USD 20 to 25 billion in the real estate industry of Pakistan.

This was announced by a strong delegation of various UAE-based Pakistani Real Estate companies including ALMIR, Habib Group, and Mark Stone led by Advisor to Government of Pakistan for Overseas Pakistanis in Gulf countries Sardar Qaiser Hayat.

Addressing the meeting, Advisor to the Government of Pakistan for Overseas Pakistanis in Gulf countries Sardar Qaiser Hayat said that investment from real estate companies of UAE in the construction industry of Pakistan would bring prosperity in Pakistan and Pakistanis would get international standard residential facilities.

He said ABAD was also assisting the government in formulating policies for the development of the construction industry.

Chairman ABAD Asif Sumsum has welcomed this initiative and announced full support for the economic development and prosperity of Pakistan.

He said the investment of USD 25 billion from UAE companies would bring economic revolution in Pakistan. He assured the provision of complete facilitation and support to UAE realty groups for materializing their projects.

Sumsum said the lack of over 12 million housing units coupled with increasing urbanization and population growth had created ideal opportunities for international real estate developers to undertake mass housing and construction projects in Pakistan.

Comment- Real Estate FDI's are a double edged sword - depends on how GOP uses this money (FYI IK also had such plans but to support our forex res so our exports can grow)
Also when they say we are "Planning to" that means they're considering by no means does it mean they'll 100% 'actually" do as they say so I'll take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:
KARACHI: A conglomerate of Real Estate companies from the United Arab Emirates will invest USD 20 to 25 billion in the real estate industry of Pakistan.

This was announced by a strong delegation of various UAE-based Pakistani Real Estate companies including ALMIR, Habib Group, and Mark Stone led by Advisor to Government of Pakistan for Overseas Pakistanis in Gulf countries Sardar Qaiser Hayat.

Addressing the meeting, Advisor to the Government of Pakistan for Overseas Pakistanis in Gulf countries Sardar Qaiser Hayat said that investment from real estate companies of UAE in the construction industry of Pakistan would bring prosperity in Pakistan and Pakistanis would get international standard residential facilities.

He said ABAD was also assisting the government in formulating policies for the development of the construction industry.

Chairman ABAD Asif Sumsum has welcomed this initiative and announced full support for the economic development and prosperity of Pakistan.

He said the investment of USD 25 billion from UAE companies would bring economic revolution in Pakistan. He assured the provision of complete facilitation and support to UAE realty groups for materializing their projects.

Sumsum said the lack of over 12 million housing units coupled with increasing urbanization and population growth had created ideal opportunities for international real estate developers to undertake mass housing and construction projects in Pakistan.

Comment- Real Estate FDI's are a double edged sword - depends on how GOP uses this money (FYI IK also had such plans but to support our forex res so our exports can grow)
Also when they say we are "Planning to" that means they're considering by no means does it mean they'll 100 'actually" do as they say so I'll take it with a grain of salt
I love to see more details about this. Business Recorder is legit and since it's their story it has to be legit. Dawn also posted an article on this.

If you sum the amount of all the "would be", "interested", "MOU signed" that grand total of 3 trillion have been invested in Pakistan. If someone want to really really invest in current Pakistan then his family should take him to a doctor or put him in a mental institution.

If you sum the amount of all the "would be", "interested", "MOU signed" that grand total of 3 trillion have been invested in Pakistan. If someone want to really really invest in current Pakistan then his family should take him to a doctor or put him in a mental institution.
thats why we need an election & political stability (IE manufactured fauji sponsored instability)
In my unpopular opinion If PTI, PMLN, ppp or a coalition comes to power we should all support them for the sake of political/economic stability regardless of political leanings for the sake of civilian supremacy

By support I don't mean stop criticizing them or change your political leanings - but just make some redlines where Army should be discouraged from getting involved in politics or destabilizing sitting civ gov's regardless of who's in power

@Maula Jatt

I am not sure this is the best form of foreign investment in Pak.

1. In all likelihood this is return of Pak black money stashed away and no new real investment.
2. This will do little to boost productive capacity of Pak economy.

Regards

Also when they say we are "Planning to" that means they're considering by no means does it mean they'll 100% 'actually" do as they say so I'll take it with a grain of salt

So - UAE will not invest in anything useful ??

If they are going to invest 25bn - then that tells you how much wealth there is in Pakistan that is UNTAXED ...

Did they deliberately crash economy and reality sector to get more return for this black money ?

Get over real estate garbage ,,, invest in exports and local manufacturing industry ...

Nibba did someone say Real State ?
1699848124700.png

Real estate brings little to Pakistan especially when it comes to industrial innovation and capacity. More asset bubbles and living off rent for those who can afford it.

I've been saying that for a long, long time. What's needed is manufacturing or support for SMEs (Small Manufacturing Enterprises); I was just in Pakistan and came back a few days ago, there is potential there as some of my family members are involved in plastic molding, and I see other such processes as well, but we don't have policies to support this and funds to allow these individuals to grow.

They can bring in $ 500 billion into the real estate sector, but it will do no long-term good for the average individual.

Real estate brings little to Pakistan especially when it comes to industrial innovation and capacity. More asset bubbles and living off rent for those who can afford it.
The problem with real estate investment in Pakistan is that people park their money in empty plots. Investments in this sector can be productive if they are used for the construction of buildings.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom