What's new

Ukraine crisis l Pakistan should secure licensed production for KMDB engines.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan should secure licensed production for KMDB 6TD-X (1500 HP) power pack for Al-Khalid II from Ukraine.

6TD-2.jpg

Things in Ukraine can go south any time soon, which may adversely affect Pakistan's 'critical' Al-Khalid program, since Ukrainian KMDB supplies the 1200HP 6TD-2 powerpack for Al Khalid MBTs.

Pakistan is also seeking a 1500HP powerpack for Al-Khalid II upgrade. However all of the AK-II party be busted when the deteriorating situation in Ukraine may unfold into a bigger conflict.

Since AK is the backbone of our Armor upgrade program, we shouldn't be taking chances. Ukraine did promise Pakistan of a smooth supply of all engines, however they have little control over what Russian backed separatists might do.

Keeping this in mind, i think Pakistan should request Ukraine to transfer license production for the 1500HP powerpack as well as for the AAPS.

Whats your opinion?

Last edited:
I was under the impression that we are going for Chinese powerpacks for AK2.But if we can get in house production deal from Ukraine then nothing would be better.

I've been saying this for a while now. While I don't think Pakistan should get involved in this crisis, I do think Pakistan can take advantage of it. It may sound like a shitty thing to do, but national security comes before foreign relations.

I was under the impression that we are going for Chinese powerpacks for AK2.But if we can get in house production deal from Ukraine then nothing would be better.

Ukraine Engine is confirmed for AK2 as per HIT official interview to janes

i think it will be a right blow on the right time for PA ... anyway i agree ..we should secure our interest first

Things in Ukraine can go south any time soon, which may adversly affect Pakistan's 'critical' Al-Khalid program, since Ukranian KMDB supplies the 1200HP 6TD-2 powerpack for Al Khalid MBTs.

Pakistan is also seeking a 1500HP powerpack for Al-Khalid II upgrade. However all of the AK-II party be busted when the deteriorating situation in Ukraine may unfold into a bigger conflict.

Since AK is the backbone of our Armor upgrade program, we shouldn't be taking chances. Ukraine did promise Pakistan of a smooth supply of all engines, however they have little control over what Russian backed sepratists might do.

Keeping this in mind, i think Pakistan should request Ukraine to transfer license production for the 1500HP powerpack as well as for the AAPS.

Whats your opinion?
The rebels are not that strong to run Ukraine over. Plus Russia is also now willing to sell arms to Pakistan.

Things in Ukraine can go south any time soon, which may adversly affect Pakistan's 'critical' Al-Khalid program, since Ukranian KMDB supplies the 1200HP 6TD-2 powerpack for Al Khalid MBTs.

Since AK is the backbone of our Armor upgrade program, we shouldn't be taking chances. Ukraine did promise Pakistan of a smooth supply of all engines, however they have little control over what Russian backed sepratists might do.

Whats your opinion?

Do we know the status of their supplies, is it still under their control?

Or considering the recent Mi35 understanding with Russia, we could deal via them instead. We could use the situation to convey our bias toward Russia against the West. I feel that's a safer route going forward.

Whats your opinion?

it may seem a bit nasty to take advantage of a situation.....but our own concern comes first so.....yes go for it.....because of the current situation the deal may be a bit cheap too :whistle:

The rebels are not that strong to run Ukraine over. Plus Russia is also now willing to sell arms to Pakistan.
Focus should be on TOT or at the very least licence production of critical components....

Agreed..! Pakistan should produce all defense products by it self.

Are you sure? these rebels or taliban or whatever type lot are always dangerous you see Pakistan has been fighting terrorists for almost 13 Years. How long would Ukraine be fighting them with russia at rebels' side. Lets not be at ease that russians are offering us peanuts.

Pakistan should secure licensed production for KMDB 6TD-X (1500 HP) power pack for Al-Khalid II from Ukraine.

View attachment 39725

Things in Ukraine can go south any time soon, which may adversely affect Pakistan's 'critical' Al-Khalid program, since Ukrainian KMDB supplies the 1200HP 6TD-2 powerpack for Al Khalid MBTs.

Since AK is the backbone of our Armor upgrade program, we shouldn't be taking chances. Ukraine did promise Pakistan of a smooth supply of all engines, however they have little control over what Russian backed separatists might do.

Whats your opinion?
we can manufacture better engines. just try a visionary instead of position holder from pieas or itu

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom