What's new

Twin Engine JF-17 as per MODP Report

My two cents are
J10s are a stop gap acquisition for the time being and are not a replacement for the mirages they will be used in air superiority role as a counter for the rafale. (the role of No 15 Sqn has been changed from TA to MR) as evident from not retiring older mirages and sending them to a new squadron.
Block 3s will never be able to provide what the mirages could I am not saying that the Block 3 is a bad jet; it is a great jet but still it is no deep strike aircraft.
So in the next 5 to 10 years we will be looking for a replacement for the mirages and this is where this 'new' jet will come in.

I am fairly sure this was supposed to mean twin seater but wow, any idea if this is true? But if a typo, amazing that it got through into an official doc.

View attachment 802972
kahen aysa na ho Khoda pahar or nikla J-35...:azn:
businessman-digging-and-mining-to-find-treasure-vector-27211736.jpg

The issue is that India has plenty of projects to look forward to, e.g., TEBDF, ORCA, and AMCA.

If we wrote something like, "integrated Western GaN AESA radar to JF-17"...now that would troll India.
Why? By this argument , India already have GaN Uttam 2 to look forward.

it might had panicked us 6-7 years ago, actually it did. When India heard the news that Pakistan going for Selex , for JF-17.

That’s when funding for Uttam MMR happened.

And here maturity of GaN TRM (this is the first GaN radar from India).
1640334638144.png

JF-17 name might be used as reference indicating the common subsystem in new platform with JF-17 like engine, Radar & other avionics etc etc but the I would not be surprised IF PAC only undertook the study for the design of twine engine fuselage based on the cropped delta design design. Both JF-17 and F-16 are also crop delta

No comments on whether just a study or real thing. :P

3 years ago may be, I said that we have the capacity & capability to run two different production lines. There is still one more line for unmanned vehicle/loyal wingman production. All we needed, unfortunately we couldn't get due to crooks & corrupt lot; was a good scale economy. For the time being, those men being mocked on the Forums by arm chair generals, proclaimed engineers, self made techies and self gloating processing experts; are actually very bright minds & capable on top. Honestly, there is no typo in the report neither the grammar.

MiG was evolved as well and so the Mirage-4000 back then. Since we are not US Skunkworks with luxury to spend million, apnay boys did it with minimum resources for maximum utility and permanent output.

Pretty sure it’s a typo, even the most competent people in a pool of incompetent fools are incompetent.

InShot_20211223_225731104.jpg

I am more interested in this electronic surveillance truck?
Is it similar to VERA system?
If so it's a significant capability.

This is either intentional misinformation (for whatever reasons) or just plain incompetency. Dual engine light combat aircraft doesn't make sense at all.

Clearly a typo. Reports are usually prepared by Clerks ans Section officers and Bureaucrates check and sign them.
Mistake can be made by any one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom