What's new

Twin Engine JF-17 as per MODP Report

It might be the first thread i have read from scratch to the ending.

Bro are you trolling at that level? I mean itna bra shapar?

@denel

Perhaps there's hope for this...

Perhaps the work from the Atlas Carver made its way to PAC and is now the twin-engine JF-17 :P

1640322018648.png

I am fairly sure this was supposed to mean twin seater but wow, any idea if this is true? But if a typo, amazing that it got through into an official doc.

View attachment 802972
It is a non-classified MODP report. Clearly a typo. "Twin Seater" JF-17 not "Twin Engine". JF-17 airframe is not meant for a twin engine. It would be an entirely new aircraft if that were the case. MODP reports are not something I would hang my hat on. Even PAC Kamra has made glaring mistake like building a midget JF-17, given their Penaflex in air shows.
You guys had nothing else to do so you started criticising MoDP for a "SUPPOSED TYPO"?? MoDP is not your local police station or a jahil sitting in an office or typical illiterate Journalist. These people in MoDP are as professional as you can get, and I can guarantee their communication skills are better than 99% sitting on this forum. No joke.
Yes very professional. I remember the State Minister of DP in PPP years, was the one who in an interview on TV said "we are in power, it is our right for corruption". MODP is a toothless ministry, meant to rubber stamp things. It is not a serious ministry and no one really takes it seriously, nor does it drive decision around key defence production plans and strategies. The real defence production programs are either SPD, HIT or Kamra related - very few outside of these three that I would give much credence to.

Last edited:
People who are saying this is a typo are gravely mistaken. I know some guys in MODP and they are the best as they come. If there was a grammatical mistake i would say yes but to make a blunder with an entire line i would say No. Also keep in mind they published 2018-20 report and then later republished it as 2018-21 so it is not a mistake.

People who are saying this is a typo are gravely mistaken. I know some guys in MODP and they are the best as they come. If there was a grammatical mistake i would say yes but to make a blunder with an entire line i would say No. Also keep in mind they published 2018-20 report and then later republished it as 2018-21 so it is not a mistake.

@akramishaqkhan ..... Lets agree to disagree in this, you must be dealing with the wrong people in MoDP.

@akramishaqkhan ..... Lets agree to disagree in this, you must be dealing with the wrong people in MoDP.

Have you ever interacted with even a single person in MODP? People in civil services are cream of the crop. Just looking at ministers and making up your mind about entire ministry is unfair. If you are going to call people who pass CSS exams in first go i would have to question you. Anyways if i have learnt anything it is that never argue with other Pakistanis on this forum bcz every Pakistani is always right.

Have you ever interacted with even a single person in MODP? People in civil services are cream of the crop. Just looking at ministers and making up your mind about entire ministry is unfair. If you are going to call people who pass CSS exams in first go i would have to question you. Anyways if i have learnt anything it is that never argue with other Pakistanis on this forum bcz every Pakistani is always right.

Yes I have, and that is why I am shocked to see people trying to undermine them and disdain them like this here.

Just a thought to add on my part. Maybe what they mean by twin engine design improvement is that they've improved the design of the jet so that it can facilitate or be fitting with different engines at any one time??? For example, Russian RD or Chinese WS.

Best case scenrio
Its just a proposal which has no place if j10 gets inducted

Regardless first the prototype has to fly and this hasnt happened or we would have heard about it

Only way it can make any sense is PAC had hit some road-block in finalizing design of Azm and is forced to get back to drawing board to study aerodynamics of twin engine with a conventional layout first. And this redesigned JF-17 will only act as tech demonstrator to get some key data points. Not a fully developed product. Aviation industries around the world goes through this while doing R&D on next gen systems. This is based on my idea that PAC would like to have complete design monopoly over Azm and for production AVIC / CAC or TAI will be approached sometime late this decade.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom