What's new

@Turks in the forum or Pakistanis living in Turkey

For me Turkey has the best of European culture, secularism but with a eastern twist. For us steeped in both the west and east @PAKISTANFOREVER Turkey is perfect place. Istanbul is London with a eastern flavour.

How the paradigm shifted... So, definitely it is not for everyone to decipher nor contemplate current state of affairs...
Turks were sitting at the gates of Europe and Martin Luther was saying to his fellow Christians, stop resisting, A scrouge sent by God for the sinners. Europe and Europeans did not and do not understand Islam... for them it is equated with papacy or perhaps something akin to Orthodox Eastern Roman Empire.
It was neither, nor did Islam rule the same way. In fact there is a clear distinction between a Muslim and Muslim rule, which, to this day is just incomprehensible, to both non Muslims and Muslims alike. As I have said before, Ottomans were secular before it became fashionable in Europe and they were consumers before it became a thing!

Martin Luther envisaged Turks as good, guided by their beliefs... and wanted them to rule over Germans because they think that our people are wild and uncivilized, half-devil and half-man!!!

Remember we are talking about 15th and 16th centuries!

The disquiet and will to live under Muslims arises from the Golden era of Islam, where under their rule even the most fringe forms of Christianity survived for long periods, not because Islam was secular but because during Muslim rule those communities could survive under self rule! Something anathema to current liberal world order. Where hard borders define rule and communities such as Turkic Kochi Pashtuns, who'd been doing seasonal migrations to and from the western banks of Indus from time immemorial, now totally arrested/ceased perhaps for good, as brotherhood and nation is more defined by lines on the sand, not hearts nor bonds of kinship.

Last edited:
Did Turkey offer nationality if someone permanently settle there....

I have plans to settle there after retirement so need basic info.
Why move to an expensive country for retirement?

I am genuinely intrigued by the thought process involved with this.

I'd advice anyone thinking about moving to learn Turkish. You might be able to make do with English but frankly it's insulting and you'll forever be an outsider if you don't learn the language of the country you live in. Its essential to integrating into the culture.

Some people from outside Indonesia can actually live comfortably in Jakarta without have to understand Indonesian language. This is Jenny Kim, South Korean beauty pagean who won international beauty pagean, who are about early 20's and has lived in Indonesian for 18 years and until now she hasnt been able to speak Indonesian language.

It is when she is invited to talk with Indonesian beauty pagean organization but she keeps using English during the meeting. In here there are some International schools who uses English during the lesson and study so people like her can be many. Pretty much Indonesian also can understand simple English so no need to worry as well to travel to Indonesia.

For me Turkey has the best of European culture, secularism but with a eastern twist. For us steeped in both the west and east @PAKISTANFOREVER Turkey is perfect place. Istanbul is London with a eastern flavour.

EXACTLY!........Turkey is what we aspire Pakistan to eventually become. Inshallah.

I am considering living in Turkey for a while. I already have my own work and entrepreneurial projects that I can do from comforts of my own home or anywhere there is Internet.
So basically, I'll be working remotely, and Turkey seems to offer a fine living experience with lower cost of life compared to say where I am now. (2 - 4x difference in most cases)

All I need is some fine nature rich place which has access to all the good stuff like super markets and stores and all, but is still not a very heavy populated city or something.

Any ideas? Do I have to know Trukish to survive there? What about renting apartments? I heard Turks are not very open to foreigners?
Also, any ideas about short term residential visas?

Ankara, and other cities in Ankara region would suit you.

Istanbul is a 'crowded city' so if that suits you, sure why not. If you want something with Islamabad vibes, calm environment and enough big city infrastructures, then Ankara, Eskişehir come to mind, green patchy cities. Coastline cities also fit, Antalya being one.

All cities have supermarkets, enough facilities and stuff, there are plenty of places for entertainment activities.

You will 100% need Turkish to survive normally. You can always use your google translator but it's still very difficult to work with. In my experience, outside Istanbul, 90% of Turkish people don't know English at all, and those who do know don't know it very well to converse in it easily.

Like any country, you will find racists in Turkey as well. But generally speaking Turkish people are very welcoming and kind, but you will find bad apples everywhere ofcourse. They're more open and kind towards Pakistani people and Turkic people from other Turkic countries.

In regards to Apartments, they cost, a lot. I don't know but I do know they cost a lot.
Also one Turkish member already mentioned some rents but I find them hard to believe.
In my experience, in Ankara, apartments in the lower end will cost 1500 TL+ for a 3 room, per month. The utilities are not covered but save gas, utilities are cheap. In the mid range, it can be 2500 TL+ per month. And so on. So it's not expensive, pretty decent. The prices ofcourse depend on the location as much as on the condition.

Regarding residence and citizenship. You will need a residence permit issued for foreigners, and as for citizenship, they don't provide it to foreigners, you have to invest some millions of dollars to get it immediately, and in the case where you become eligible then you have to give up your original citizenship since dual citizenship isn't allowed.

None of these should be a concern for you. There are two big concerns you should have as a Pakistani.

1. The Food
No, this is not a joke. Turkish food will taste very non spicy to a Pakistani. They don't spice their food so much at all.
Secondly, you won't be able to find Pakistani, or subcontinental, masalas outside of Istanbul, they're nor imported into supermarkets. So unless you know how to cook from the very basics, making tasty Pakistani dishes might be a tough one and you should see what works without the masalas.
You will grow tired of Turkish cuisine, its very delicious and interesting but eventually becomes repetitive a bit if you plan on living there, because you're not used to it and you will miss spicy food like Tikka, a lot.

2. General Culture
This entirely depends on your outlook in life. If you want to raise your family and for that reason, or just generally, are looking for a more religious environment, and are annoyed by 'non religious practices', then Turkey might not be the best place if this is an important consideration. You will find religious groups as well as non religious groups ofcourse, but I am talking about the norms and what's allowed in general society.

Hope it helps.
Turkey is a very great, calm country to live in so if you do move here, you will enjoy it.

On the other end, I have to ask why not consider the upscale societies and residencies being built in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Quetta and Peshawar? By Bahria Town, DHA among other big companies. The amount of money one will pump into a foreign country to settle into a mid to upper end life, they can pump that for an upscale life in Pakistan which has way more of life luxury to offer.

But up to oneself. Hope if helps.

Last edited:
Go to the ege coast. All of Turkey has supermarkets and stores pretty much. I advise Antalya, Aydin, Mugla or around that region. Good weather all year round, everything you need in terms of stores etc and you can find a small town in those cities.

Most Turkish people dont know english but you could probably get on. Who said Turks are not open to foreigners?

An apartment in those cities will be around 300-400 thousand turkish lira for a 3+1 or more if your in a better location. Renting around 1000 or more for 3 bed or less for smaller.

Since you the only Turk in the thread and you mentioned Mugla.

Bodrum, how feasible is it?

Did Turkey offer nationality if someone permanently settle there....

I have plans to settle there after retirement so need basic info.
you gotta buy some land
Hardly anyone on streets knows english.
I didn't know a lick of turkish when I went their but I was able to get by. Most people will understand english numbers and they use latin alphabet which is easy to learn.

Some people from outside Indonesia can actually live comfortably in Jakarta without have to understand Indonesian language. This is Jenny Kim, South Korean beauty pagean who won international beauty pagean, who are about early 20's and has lived in Indonesian for 18 years and until now she hasnt been able to speak Indonesian language.

It is when she is invited to talk with Indonesian beauty pagean organization but she keeps using English during the meeting. In here there are some International schools who uses English during the lesson and study so people like her can be many. Pretty much Indonesian also can understand simple English so no need to worry as well to travel to Indonesia.

Indonesia is one of the countries on my list of testing out at some point. I wanna go around a bit for some time and test places out before deciding where to settle for the long haul.

Ankara, and other cities in Ankara region would suit you.

Istanbul is a 'crowded city' so if that suits you, sure why not. If you want something with Islamabad vibes, calm environment and enough big city infrastructures, then Ankara, Eskişehir come to mind, green patchy cities. Coastline cities also fit, Antalya being one.

All cities have supermarkets, enough facilities and stuff, there are plenty of places for entertainment activities.

You will 100% need Turkish to survive normally. You can always use your google translator but it's still very difficult to work with. In my experience, outside Istanbul, 90% of Turkish people don't know English at all, and those who do know don't know it very well to converse in it easily.

Like any country, you will find racists in Turkey as well. But generally speaking Turkish people are very welcoming and kind, but you will find bad apples everywhere ofcourse. They're more open and kind towards Pakistani people and Turkic people from other Turkic countries.

In regards to Apartments, they cost, a lot. I don't know but I do know they cost a lot.
Also one Turkish member already mentioned some rents but I find them hard to believe.
In my experience, in Ankara, apartments in the lower end will cost 1500 TL+ for a 3 room, per month. The utilities are not covered but save gas, utilities are cheap. In the mid range, it can be 2500 TL+ per month. And so on. So it's not expensive, pretty decent. The prices ofcourse depend on the location as much as on the condition.

Regarding residence and citizenship. You will need a residence permit issued for foreigners, and as for citizenship, they don't provide it to foreigners, you have to invest some millions of dollars to get it immediately, and in the case where you become eligible then you have to give up your original citizenship since dual citizenship isn't allowed.

None of these should be a concern for you. There are two big concerns you should have as a Pakistani.

1. The Food
No, this is not a joke. Turkish food will taste very non spicy to a Pakistani. They don't spice their food so much at all.
Secondly, you won't be able to find Pakistani, or subcontinental, masalas outside of Istanbul, they're nor imported into supermarkets. So unless you know how to cook from the very basics, making tasty Pakistani dishes might be a tough one and you should see what works without the masalas.
You will grow tired of Turkish cuisine, its very delicious and interesting but eventually becomes repetitive a bit if you plan on living there, because you're not used to it and you will miss spicy food like Tikka, a lot.

2. General Culture
This entirely depends on your outlook in life. If you want to raise your family and for that reason, or just generally, are looking for a more religious environment, and are annoyed by 'non religious practices', then Turkey might not be the best place if this is an important consideration. You will find religious groups as well as non religious groups ofcourse, but I am talking about the norms and what's allowed in general society.

Hope it helps.
Turkey is a very great, calm country to live in so if you do move here, you will enjoy it.

On the other end, I have to ask why not consider the upscale societies and residencies being built in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Quetta and Peshawar? By Bahria Town, DHA among other big companies. The amount of money one will pump into a foreign country to settle into a mid to upper end life, they can pump that for an upscale life in Pakistan which has way more of life luxury to offer.

But up to oneself. Hope if helps.

Thanks for your input mate.

I am from Islamabad and spice is not my thing tbh. Apparently the very reason I have issues with most Pakistani food is the spice and amount of oil.
I depend mostly on non Pakistan type foods here so I don't think that will be a problem for me.

Now as for the investment and why not settle in Pakistan itself.
My wife is from India. I don't suppose she can get a visa to reside in Pakistan easily.

Hence, I have to think of neutral places for the time being otherwise I would have preferred spending some good time in Islamabad itself or the Northern side.
My goal for the time being is to consider immigration to a place eventually where we can both get neutral passports and she can travel to Pakistan with me or me with her to her place when needed. But since borders and immigration processes are a mess due to the covid-19 situation, and UAE is expensive as hell to live in. So I'm just thinking of a temporary residing place for now till I can eventually move on with my original plan. And since, I can work from anywhere so I'm kinda just open to try out different places as long as they don't alienate practicing Muslims.

Last edited:
I am considering living in Turkey for a while. I already have my own work and entrepreneurial projects that I can do from comforts of my own home or anywhere there is Internet.
So basically, I'll be working remotely, and Turkey seems to offer a fine living experience with lower cost of life compared to say where I am now. (2 - 4x difference in most cases)

All I need is some fine nature rich place which has access to all the good stuff like super markets and stores and all, but is still not a very heavy populated city or something.

Any ideas? Do I have to know Trukish to survive there? What about renting apartments? I heard Turks are not very open to foreigners?
Also, any ideas about short term residential visas?

this guy can answer all ye questions. A Pakistani living there.

this guy can answer all ye questions. A Pakistani living there.

Yeh banda ek hi baat 50 baar repeat karta hai. I tried seeing this very video and had a hard time completing it before lol. But yeah, even though he makes some fine points but I found his research and advice lacking compared to some other videos I had seen.

I found this to be more informative so far.

And since, I can work from anywhere so I'm kinda just open to try out different places
If you like, can you share here, what job you do online? why I am asking because I am spending an early retired life in Karachi, looking to utilise my time from home. Now a days I do trading in PSX online, use to do trading in FOREX as well but already left FOREX, as it pumps adrenaline too much 😁 .
Stay blessed.

Since you the only Turk in the thread and you mentioned Mugla.

Bodrum, how feasible is it?

All cities I mentioned are similar. Bodrum in the summer is a full on tourist city, but all those cities you can live in all year round. Also the lifestyle is very relaxed and people are usually chilled in those cities.

You have every store you can get, there is big shopping malls, nice weather, nice houses, nice food and nice nature. Nothing else you can need.

If you like, can you share here, what job you do online? why I am asking because I am spending an early retired life in Karachi, looking to utilise my time from home. Now a days I do trading in PSX online, use to do trading in FOREX as well but already left FOREX, as it pumps adrenaline too much 😁 .
Stay blessed.

I'm an Internet Marketer. Been managing the Digital Marketing Departments of two companies for the last 8 years in Dubai, and then I do affiliate marketing for myself.

If you want to look into Affiliate Marketing, then the Youtube Chanel, Income School is a fine starting point.

Back
Top Bottom