What's new

@Turks in the forum or Pakistanis living in Turkey

If you want to look into Affiliate Marketing, then the Youtube Chanel, Income School is a fine starting point.
Thanks for your reply, I will definitely go through this site.
I want to register a domain name for my wife's cooking channel https://www.youtube.com/c/CookwithFaizaFarheen , have little knowledge about this. I don't know whether she can secure some additional traffic via her website or can have any monitory benefits in future once established.
I have checked https://pk.godaddy.com/ for registering a domain name.
I will be grateful if you or anyone on this forum can guide me in this regard.

Hardly anyone on streets knows english.

This situation depends on your neighborhood. I do not think that you will have communication problems oftenly in the culturaly central districts of Istanbul, Izmir or in provinces where sea tourism is strong for example. Of course it can be a problem to find someone who will understand English well, in suburban areas or rural living areas. However, Anatolian craftsmans or whoever you wanna talk with, when they learn that you are Pakistani, they probably be very friendly and hospitable, even if they not understand what you are saying. You could encounter much more warm-blooded and loving people than metropolitan life.

We've been hearing some unpleasant things lately. This is because Turkey has become one of the major routes of irregular and illegal migration especially in recent years. Especially Afghan refugees with fake Pakistani passports are one of the most important problems among these.

This density has reached a level that threatens the social order in some towns and neighborhoods. As a result, the number of people who have unwanted tendencies or simply do not like foreigners has increased. However, be sure that the Turkish people always had protective attitude against people from brotherly nations who remain in moral principles and respect. So if you are subjected to an unfair treatment or if someone disrespects you, you suddenly find dozens of people around you who will want to protect you.

Last edited:
This situation depends on your neighborhood. I do not think that you will have communication problems oftenly in the culturaly central districts of Istanbul, Izmir or in provinces where sea tourism is strong for example. Of course it can be a problem to find someone who will understand English well, in suburban areas or rural living areas. However, Anatolian craftsmans or whoever you wanna talk with, when they learn that you are Pakistani, they probably be very friendly and hospitable, even if they not understand what you are saying. You could encounter much more warm-blooded and loving people than metropolitan life.

We've been hearing some unpleasant things lately. This is because Turkey has become one of the major routes of irregular and illegal migration especially in recent years. Especially Afghan refugees with fake Pakistani passports are one of the most important problems among these.

This density has reached a level that threatens the social order in some towns and neighborhoods. As a result, the number of people who have unwanted tendencies or simply do not like foreigners has increased. However, be sure that the Turkish people always had protective attitude against people from brotherly nations who remain in moral principles and respect. So if you are subjected to an unfair treatment or if someone disrespects you, you suddenly find dozens of people around you who will want to protect you.
I faced problem in Istanbul with driver, restaurant staff, shopkeepers, people on road/streets etc as they couldnt speak english. Only Hotel staff knew english.

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely go through this site.
I want to register a domain name for my wife's cooking channel https://www.youtube.com/c/CookwithFaizaFarheen , have little knowledge about this. I don't know whether she can secure some additional traffic via her website or can have any monitory benefits in future once established.
I have checked https://pk.godaddy.com/ for registering a domain name.
I will be grateful if you or anyone on this forum can guide me in this regard.

send me a DM mate.
I can guide you on this. Seems like she is making great videos but not optimizing her videos the right way to get enough views.

How is Turkey in general for people who do follow their religion? For women who cover themselves and for men who visit a mosque 5 times a day?

I'm also in the process of learning conversational Turkish before I go there.
I'm not sure how long I might stay in Turkey, or if it will be an ideal long term place for residing. But there is no harm in learning the language.

Do you have any idea about the temporary residence visa though? For now I think the way the process works is to go for a visit Visa and then apply for short term residence while there. Are there any specific requirements or process to follow?

All cities I mentioned are similar. Bodrum in the summer is a full on tourist city, but all those cities you can live in all year round. Also the lifestyle is very relaxed and people are usually chilled in those cities.

You have every store you can get, there is big shopping malls, nice weather, nice houses, nice food and nice nature. Nothing else you can need.

I am sure the port region has beautiful and stocked bazaar.

Is the fishing business still lucrative enough to be a retirement sport?

How is Turkey in general for people who do follow their religion? For women who cover themselves and for men who visit a mosque 5 times a day?

I'm also in the process of learning conversational Turkish before I go there.
I'm not sure how long I might stay in Turkey, or if it will be an ideal long term place for residing. But there is no harm in learning the language.

Do you have any idea about the temporary residence visa though? For now I think the way the process works is to go for a visit Visa and then apply for short term residence while there. Are there any specific requirements or process to follow?

Bro, first of all, Turkey is a secular country. You are free to demonstrate any religious practice as long as you do not violate the constitutional provisions. There are millions of women who cover theirselves with religous reasons, there are millions of people humping to make their regular prayers in the mosques, just like Pakistan. These are the facts that have already become a cultural part of Turkish society for centuries and are owned.

In addition, there are mosques, madrasas and other religious complexes in every city that have been kneaded with Turkish culture for centuries. These are cultural heritages that you cannot find in a European city, that will be loyal fellow for your enthusiasm and effort to seek your inner peace and to remember, zikr of Allah(cc). You may not find many crowded Cemaats during the morning prayers in some neighborhoods and mosques in the backstreets. However, Cuma prayers, Eid prayers and Kandil nights are always enthusiastic in mosques throughout the country.

Turkish language's suffix types and usings are quite confusing, so learning curve can be a bit challenging. But don't worry. As soon as you start using the basic words in a sentence, people will be extremely diligent and affectionate to understand you. Having enough grammar to form sentences along with knowing about 150-200 words may be enough for you to travel the country from one end to the other by yourself. As I said, learn the verb conjugations and word attachments, but the fact that you cannot use them properly in the first place will not prevent you from expressing your problem while talking on the street.

One of the most practical ways to obtain a temporary residence permit could be 1-year language courses. You can learn Turkish and get to know the culture, and in this process, you can decide your long-term ideas by experiencing how is living in this country.

I did some research for you. In the sources I could find, the short-term residence permit grouping under 13 tittles.
1. Foreigners who will remain in Turkey due to scientific activities and research
2. Foreigners who will establish commercial relations, develop or establish a business
3. Foreigners with immovable property in Turkey
4. Foreigners included in the in-service training program
5. Foreigners included in student exchange programs
6. Foreigners who want to extend their stay for tourism purposes
7. Foreigners who are in the country for medical treatment
8. Foreigners who need to stay in the country with the decision of the judicial and administrative authorities
9. Foreigners who lost their family residence permit because they can no longer meet the conditions of the family residence permit
10. Foreigners who will attend the Turkish language learning courses
11. Foreigners who have completed higher education in Turkey
12. Foreigners who not working in Turkey, but invest necessary amount
13. Foreigners who are Citizens of Northern Cyprus

Apart from documents proving the justification of the type of visa applied for, the common general conditions are:
1. To submit the documents required for the requested residence permit.
2. To have general health and safety conditions and to be able to document them
3. To be able to submit a criminal record issued by the competent authorities of the country of citizenship or residence, if deemed necessary
4. To document the address to be substituted in Turkey
5. Not being subjected by Article 7 of the Foreigner law.

My advice is to work with a professional visa brokerage which has corporate branch in Turkey as well as your place of residence. The extra 40-100 euros you pay will save time for you and will allow you to get a visa in the most practical way.

Last edited:
I am sorry, what does DM stand for ? Is it Direct Message , how can I send it?

Direct Message yes.
But tbh even I don't know how it works in the new forum.
Is there any other way to reach you? Are you using skype?

Hence, I have to think of neutral places for the time being otherwise I would have preferred spending some good time in Islamabad itself or the Northern side.

If living any place is an option, brother, come back to Pakistan. If you want a Western-style living, DHA is good, and you said you were already in Islamabad.

Your spouse will understand, you just have to make her appreciate Pakistan as much as you do.
Bro, first of all, Turkey is a secular country.

Not all of Turkey is secular or liberal. There are plenty of places where people have more conservative customs.

Some guys here on the first is trying to paint Turkey as some liberal paradise, which it is not. It is still far more conservative than most Western countries.

If living any place is an option, brother, come back to Pakistan. If you want a Western-style living, DHA is good, and you said you were already in Islamabad.

Your spouse will understand, you just have to make her appreciate Pakistan as much as you do.

Not all of Turkey is secular or liberal. There are plenty of places where people have more conservative customs.

Some guys here on the first is trying to paint Turkey as some liberal paradise, which it is not. It is still far more conservative than most Western countries.

Problem is not with my spouse mate. Problem is with getting a Pakistani visa for her.
She actually does want to live in Pakistan and has problems with how things are in India for Muslims. It's hard to practice Islam properly in India and ignorance among Muslims there is on a whole different level compared to our liberated or the jungli bunch.
One of the main reason I went ahead with the marriage.

My long term plan is to settle back in Pakistan of course, somewhere in Hunza if not in Islamabad. But her visa and then the law and how things work there are a big worry. It's not easy to think of raising up your children there with all the mess we see right now. Specially not if you want to raise your children away from all the ignorance driven culture and the liberated junk aka wannabe's.

If things do get better, if I don't have to worry about my children stepping out and not get in the eyes of some perverted asshole, and if I can complete any government process without having to know some special guy to do my sifarish, then I'm all good for settling back there.

when I'm back home and going out with my sisters, I can't stop noticing how every passing guy will not leave a chance to stare at them. And I'm not a person who tolerates that, and there is no law to protect me in that situation either. If I do end up beating a guy, who gets into trouble? Me, because the junky will know some chacha mama who knows some MPA shit.

So all patriotism and stuff aside. When my country does become a safe place for its people to live and practice "Islam". I'll definitely want to be there.
Right now, Islam and Pakistan, and Pakistanis are three different things and we have to accept that.

And yeah I get that about Turkey. There are plenty there who follow Islam pretty well there. But they don't get highlighted, and the only thing that attracts our so called "liberals" aka ignorants is what suits them.
Erdogan is pretty close to changing their constitution and making it an Islamic state. I wonder where will the liberated junkies find their paradise next.

Problem is not with my spouse mate. Problem is with getting a Pakistani visa for her.
She actually does want to live in Pakistan and has problems with how things are in India for Muslims. It's hard to practice Islam properly in India and ignorance among Muslims there is on a whole different level compared to our liberated or the jungli bunch.
One of the main reason I went ahead with the marriage.

My long term plan is to settle back in Pakistan of course, somewhere in Hunza if not in Islamabad. But her visa and then the law and how things work there are a big worry. It's not easy to think of raising up your children there with all the mess we see right now. Specially not if you want to raise your children away from all the ignorance driven culture and the liberated junk aka wannabe's.

If things do get better, if I don't have to worry about my children stepping out and not get in the eyes of some perverted asshole, and if I can complete any government process without having to know some special guy to do my sifarish, then I'm all good for settling back there.

when I'm back home and going out with my sisters, I can't stop noticing how every passing guy will not leave a chance to stare at them. And I'm not a person who tolerates that, and there is no law to protect me in that situation either. If I do end up beating a guy, who gets into trouble? Me, because the junky will know some chacha mama who knows some MPA shit.

So all patriotism and stuff aside. When my country does become a safe place for its people to live and practice "Islam". I'll definitely want to be there.
Right now, Islam and Pakistan, and Pakistanis are three different things and we have to accept that.

And yeah I get that about Turkey. There are plenty there who follow Islam pretty well there. But they don't get highlighted, and the only thing that attracts our so called "liberals" aka ignorants is what suits them.
Erdogan is pretty close to changing their constitution and making it an Islamic state. I wonder where will the liberated junkies find their paradise next.

Fair enough brother, I see you have thought about this in great detail. Turkey is indeed a nice country for a Pakistani to live. You will get izzat just for being a Pakistani, unlike most places where you get flak for being one.

Plus the Turkish Islamic identity and mindset is very similar to Pakistan's own. It would be nice to see the fresh perspective you bring to Pakistan and Pakistanis when you, in sha Allah, shift there.

Back
Top Bottom