What's new

@Turks in the forum or Pakistanis living in Turkey

War Thunder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am considering living in Turkey for a while. I already have my own work and entrepreneurial projects that I can do from comforts of my own home or anywhere there is Internet.
So basically, I'll be working remotely, and Turkey seems to offer a fine living experience with lower cost of life compared to say where I am now. (2 - 4x difference in most cases)

All I need is some fine nature rich place which has access to all the good stuff like super markets and stores and all, but is still not a very heavy populated city or something.

Any ideas? Do I have to know Trukish to survive there? What about renting apartments? I heard Turks are not very open to foreigners?
Also, any ideas about short term residential visas?

Go to the ege coast. All of Turkey has supermarkets and stores pretty much. I advise Antalya, Aydin, Mugla or around that region. Good weather all year round, everything you need in terms of stores etc and you can find a small town in those cities.

Most Turkish people dont know english but you could probably get on. Who said Turks are not open to foreigners?

An apartment in those cities will be around 300-400 thousand turkish lira for a 3+1 or more if your in a better location. Renting around 1000 or more for 3 bed or less for smaller.

Go to the ege coast. All of Turkey has supermarkets and stores pretty much. I advise Antalya, Aydin, Mugla or around that region. Good weather all year round, everything you need in terms of stores etc and you can find a small town in those cities.

Most Turkish people dont know english but you could probably get on. Who said Turks are not open to foreigners?

An apartment in those cities will be around 300-400 thousand turkish lira for a 3+1 or more if your in a better location. Renting around 1000 or more for 3 bed or less for smaller.
Did Turkey offer nationality if someone permanently settle there....

I have plans to settle there after retirement so need basic info.

I am considering living in Turkey for a while. I already have my own work and entrepreneurial projects that I can do from comforts of my own home or anywhere there is Internet.
So basically, I'll be working remotely, and Turkey seems to offer a fine living experience with lower cost of life compared to say where I am now. (2 - 4x difference in most cases)

All I need is some fine nature rich place which has access to all the good stuff like super markets and stores and all, but is still not a very heavy populated city or something.

Any ideas? Do I have to know Trukish to survive there? What about renting apartments? I heard Turks are not very open to foreigners?
Also, any ideas about short term residential visas?

Istanbul is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Just as developed as London. Best food in the world too. Many mosques there as well. Only downside is that it is expensive.

Istanbul is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Just as developed as London. Best food in the world too. Many mosques there as well. Only downside is that it is expensive.

Still half as expensive compared to where I am now based on my own research lol.

I've been considering Antalya already after seeing some videos from people who came to live there. Thanks for adding the rest of them there.
I've also started learning a bit of Turkish. I just like to know stuff and mix in a bit instead of just acting as a foreigner/alien.

And yeah, apartments here cost 12000 Turkish Lira or more for 3 beds. One reason I wanted to move there after seeing some epic accommodations for half the prices in Istanbul and 3x - 4x lower in other areas in Turkey.

This Indonesian lady travelling alone can get along there, for simple English I believe all Turkish can understand.

Is she the same girl who toured the Northeast of India ? You had posted a vid about that.

Is she the same girl who toured the Northeast of India ? You had posted a vid about that.

Yup same girl, she has been living outside Indonesia since 2016 and it is her dream to be world traveler, and for this she has given up her work in Indonesia. She started her journey in China and since she hasnt yet been able to be popular in Youtube so she becomes English teacher during her stay in China.

Turkey is a paradise for Pakistani's who -

• love Secularism
  • love being able to live a modern liberal life
  • love European fashion, consumer culture
  • despise Mullahs
And since all tick my box I can say Turkey is a paradise.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom