What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Lets give it to both the Turkmens and the FSA Arabs.

This type of combat you say,ever heard of the PKK in Turkiye,the South East Operations where they cleaned out whole cities in a similar type of combat?
If the Turkish Army had gone in instead of some tanks APCs and some special forces,it would have been a piece of cake but im sure you know that the Turkish forces play a supporting role in this operation.

PKK is not comparable to IS, YPG was losing towns constantly to IS until the USAF stepped in. No it wouldn't be a piece of cake, PKK in Nusaybin for example didn't have ATGW, armored VBIED's and tons of other deadly equipment.

The problem is the following; you send in armor they counter it with ATGW. If you send in infantry to avoid their ATGW's their armored VBIED's will have a higher chance of causing many casualties as happened today. Equipping your troops with ATGW's for med/long range and AT-4/LAW for short range VBIED counter is the practice currently used against IS but that is not always successful in urban battles as there's little time to respond. They'll also use snipers to counter the infantry as they are doing in Mosul. Mechanized/motorized infantry (with IFV support) to provide some protection against those snipers and VBIED's would again give them the opportunity to disable those vehicles and force the troops out (they hide in the buildings, quite hard to find whilst in vehicles).

You may dispute what i'm saying but they're taking out tanks effectively, they would do so with the other units deploying different type of attacks and arms as well which causes casualties, meaning many casualties, not a piece of cake. The US didn't face such an enemy anytime recently either.

Are you kidding me? Half of the PKK went to Northern Syria to fight against IS and create PKK State, they trained thousands of native and get them into their ranks. If there wasnt any peace progress, they couldnt send huge amount of PKK members into Syria, also they cannot even move in Turkey due to possible huge casualties they could face, like they are facing in Turkey right
You say Right but may be you dont see what also happened. They lost support of too many Kurds not only politicaly but also all types of supports.
Because of this they lost City wars and lost more kurd's supports.We entered Syria.
Also because of unsuccesfull pkk , our enemies used coup against us and lost their most dangerius weapon against us .If they wait and use FETO later we will end
Time will Show which one is right?

You say Right but may be you dont see what also happened. They lost support of too many Kurds not only politicaly but also all types of supports.
Because of this they lost City wars and lost more kurd's supports.We entered Syria.
Also because of unsuccesfull pkk , our enemies used coup against us and lost their most dangerius weapon against us .If they wait and use FETO later we will end
Time will Show which one is right?
wtf. did i just read..

PKK is not comparable to IS, YPG was losing towns constantly to IS until the USAF stepped in. No it wouldn't be a piece of cake, PKK in Nusaybin for example didn't have ATGW, armored VBIED's and tons of other deadly equipment.

The problem is the following; you send in armor they counter it with ATGW. If you send in infantry to avoid their ATGW's their armored VBIED's will have a higher chance of causing many casualties as happened today. Equipping your troops with ATGW's for med/long range and AT-4/LAW for short range VBIED counter is the practice currently used against IS but that is not always successful in urban battles as there's little time to respond. They'll also use snipers to counter the infantry as they are doing in Mosul. Mechanized/motorized infantry (with IFV support) to provide some protection against those snipers and VBIED's would again give them the opportunity to disable those vehicles and force the troops out (they hide in the buildings, quite hard to find whilst in vehicles).

You may dispute what i'm saying but they're taking out tanks effectively, they would do so with the other units deploying different type of attacks and arms as well which causes casualties, meaning many casualties, not a piece of cake. The US didn't face such an enemy anytime recently either.
I see that you know what you are talking about.
We need to use armed drones and satelites before everything,it will make it alot easier cause this way it will take ages but dont forget the fact that officially its not the Turkish Army fighting.

We need to use armed drones and satelites before everything,it will make it alot easier cause this way it will take ages but dont forget the fact that officially its not the Turkish Army fighting.

Yes drones to provide constant info the the infantry on the ground, if with this they manage to spot/destroy/locate VBIED's before they reach troops it would make the job a lot easier. Having followed these anti IS ops i've noticed large-scale combined arms assaults turn out much better than the current strategy of block by block giving IS the time to utilize all their resources, they aren't exactly pressured. Some large scale assaults resulted in IS fleeing/giving up as they were simply overwhelmed. When pressured with a large-scale assault from each axis and air power deploying some shock and awe this should succeed.

Maybe they don't do this as it comes at a cost of civ casualties, but also not doing it comes at the cost of more soldiers being killed.

Yea flood the skies with cheap uavs detect the targets and destroy with shelling keep few fighter planes ready for suicide trucks and post many atgm ready operators in different spots behind the front lines ready for that suicide truck in case the fighter planes are not ready to attack

They lost support of too many Kurds not only politicaly but also all types of supports.

There is no such thing as "kurd", we are all Humans.If you meant Turkish citizens in south eastern cities, their support to PKK's political organisation doubled during that "peace progress". When progress ended, when we showed our balls and weapons, that support reduced to %1-%2 again. That is how you deal with Fascist Terrorists, with guns. If you try to talk with the Terrorists, Terrorists will be LEGALISED in the eyes of the citizens. That is what AKP-FETÖ did, they legalised PKK in last 5 years. They let PKK to get in Cities. They let PKK to invade Syrian soil and create one artificial puppet terror state.

Peace progress was FETÖ/CIA plan, AKP did that because AKP was the SLAVE of CIA/USA until December 2013.

If you still think that peace progress is a smart way to deal Terrorism, go an make peace with ISIS like did with PKK. Let ISIS create one political party in Turkey. IS Terrorists have also mothers, analar ağlamasın / not let motehrs cry.. That mother argument to justify legalising Terrorists was the most stupid argument ever i heard.

There is no such thing as "kurd", we are all Humans.If you meant Turkish citizens in south eastern cities, their support to PKK's political organisation doubled during that "peace progress". When progress ended, when we showed our balls and weapons, that support reduced to %1-%2 again. That is how you deal with Fascist Terrorists, with guns. If you try to talk with the Terrorists, Terrorists will be LEGALISED in the eyes of the citizens. That is what AKP-FETÖ did, they legalised PKK in last 5 years. They let PKK to get in Cities. They let PKK to invade Syrian soil and create one artificial puppet terror state.

Peace progress was FETÖ/CIA plan, AKP did that because AKP was the SLAVE of CIA/USA until December 2013.

If you still think that peace progress is a smart way to deal Terrorism, go an make peace with ISIS like did with PKK. Let ISIS create one political party in Turkey. IS Terrorists have also mothers, analar ağlamasın / not let motehrs cry.. That mother argument to justify legalising Terrorists was the most stupid argument ever i heard.
Yes they are Turkish citizens and i am very happy with it.I just talked about the etnicity which pkk try to used
About FETO they are tried to end it with KCK operations. Explain the support and KCK operations at the same time?

large-scale combined arms assaults

Maybe they don't do this as it comes at a cost of civ casualties, but also not doing it comes at the cost of more soldiers being killed.

I really dont know the reason why this operation is conducted in this manner,very amateurish.
I gues the lives of Turkish soldiers dont matter to the leadership.

I really dont know the reason why this operation is conducted in this manner,very amateurish.
I gues the lives of Turkish soldiers dont matter to the leadership.

maybe political reasons, the above strategy (combined arms from each axis) requires thousands of troops and airpower which might not be welcomed by Russia/Syria so the military has constraints for their ops, constrains set by politicians who might only consider the outcome of ops but not the efficiency, when saying efficiency we're talking about blood here. We don't know all the info, but I agree that this isn't well planned, it's too little involvement which only gives IS the ability to cause more harm.

For this FETO or Kurdish group why does Turkey not do a a Massive operation ? 100 planes and 600 tanks and end FETO and Kurdish threat ?

I just talked about the etnicity which pkk try to used
About FETO they are tried to end it with KCK operations. Explain the support and KCK operations at the same time?

Homo Sapien is the ethnicity of Humans. There is no such ethnicity as kurd in earth. If we are talking about Genetic science and biological architecture, we should be sciencefic. Just, Humans.

FETÖ didnt arrest PKK terrorists with KCK lawsuits, they arrested MIT agents who leaked into KCK, and that is how FETÖ blamed Hakan Fidan as "PKK supporter" lol. FETÖ didnt try to stop progress, they tried to eliminate Entire MIT service. Why? It is so clear.

> They eliminated Army with fake Ergenekon/Balyoz BS
> They eliminated Police with thousands of FETÖ members who leaked into Police
> They eliminated Universities with YÖK
> They eliminated Media, %70 of the media was FETÖ before the Anti-Fetö operations

Only MIT and Government were left to eliminate. FETÖ tried to eliminate MIT with fake KCK lawsuits, with arresting MIT agents who leaked KCK, then blaming MIT as PKK supporter. They tried to eliminate Government with 17-22 December tapes. They didnt success because Erdoğan smartly passed a Law at midnight to defend Head of MIT, which saved Intelligence Service. And then he changed laws into "lawsuits could only be open with Ministery's permission", which ended fake KCK lawsuits. Results; MIT saved, Government stayed, elimination of FETÖ started (but only Erdoğan supported this)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom