What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

About what,the reason,how its done,why its done?

More like about the strategy,how the operation is organized and carried out.
You guys probably debated pages back about if deploying few hundred troops and relying on few thousands poorly trained rebels is a good strategy and enough to clean those vast areas from ISIS. (And maybe from the YPD and other Kurdish groups.)

You guys probably debated pages back about if deploying few hundred troops and relying on few thousands poorly trained rebels is a good strategy and enough to clean those vast areas from ISIS. (And maybe from the YPD and other Kurdish groups.)

Its late by 3 years this operation. If 3 years ago we organised Turkmen groups and now they could of have an autonomous area instead of YPG but obviously we have a president with the brain of a fish.

Strategy wise, personally I think not much better could have been done without more casualties. We are talking about few hundred troops and the rest only fsa rebels who are poorly trained, poorly equipped overall and low in numbers for this operation. Its either more Turkish troops and more casualties but quicker advancement or the opposite.

What I said wasn't wrong, you dipshit. Turks have never defeated Iranians in any war. Arabs did, but only because the Sassanids were too exhausted after fighting the byzantines for centuries.

Name me one war in which the Turks defeated any Iranian or Persian army.

Just go back 1000 years and just see who ruled you. Check for all the wars these below defeated you weak gypsies. Infact after a certain time it wasnt persians it was just internal Turkish dynasties fights lol so I dont know what your on about.
Seljuks, Timur, Ak koyunlu, Kara Koyunlu, Safevi etc etc

Nope,the sane ones among us find it a ridiculously poor prepared operation,how can a NATO standard army rely on a few Thousand poorly trained FSA fighters,without proper Turkish air support,Turkish ground troops etc?
How can such an operation succeed without the Airforce or at least an eye in the sky?
You know,if you do it do it as it is supposed to be done.
They even lost some villages back to ISIS,unreal.
I really dont know which idiot planned this but he surely isnt a NATO trained ''planner''.
Edit: how the fvck can you leave tanks out in the open without coverage(we lost about 15)?

Nope,the sane ones among us find it a ridiculously poor prepared operation,how can a NATO standard army rely on a few Thousand poorly trained FSA fighters,without proper Turkish air support,Turkish ground troops etc?
How can such an operation succeed without the Airforce or at least an eye in the sky?
I really dont know which idiot planned this but he surely isnt a NATO trained ''planner''.
Edit: how the fvck can you leave tanks out in the open without coverage(we lost about 15)?

>how the fvck can you leave tanks out in the open without coverage(we lost about 15)?

security provided by us and by fsa, we only have range for X km, atgm has range of X+ km.
Almost no infantry on groud, fsa too weak. Our guys are in apc's/zma's but have same problem as tankers.
Our combined arms never had to deal with atgm in recent years, only rpg's. In S.east tankers often pause and use tank to hit directly (short range), in Syria you get atgm.

We do use natural earth barriers made by bulldozers and scoop in and out of firing position but still are vulnerable for infiltration + atgm attack from further away.

Then there is issue of svbieds.

Some things you say are right but sometimes timing is the most important. At the end it all comes to the lack of vision by the President and his puppet prime minister.

Air support- Remember first few months or weeks it was good until something happened and all the air defences suddenly was against our fighters so we had to suspend air support for a long time. Also as this aint a operation where theres one target you bomb and its finish where you can take that risk, we need constant air support andy that wasnt possible with that much air defense.

FSA- We had no other choice, the longer we waited the worse it was going to be in terms of ISIS and YPG especially. As I said this was supposed to happen

1. Before Russia Intervened
2. As soon as PKK/YPG got active. I remember everywhere on the news saying pkk is starting to form in syria, you can clearly see it. What did we do, invite salih muslim to ankara lol. This is the vision of our leaders.

Some things you say are right but sometimes timing is the most important. At the end it all comes to the lack of vision by the President and his puppet prime minister.

Air support- Remember first few months or weeks it was good until something happened and all the air defences suddenly was against our fighters so we had to suspend air support for a long time. Also as this aint a operation where theres one target you bomb and its finish where you can take that risk, we need constant air support andy that wasnt possible with that much air defense.

FSA- We had no other choice, the longer we waited the worse it was going to be in terms of ISIS and YPG especially. As I said this was supposed to happen

1. Before Russia Intervened
2. As soon as PKK/YPG got active. I remember everywhere on the news saying pkk is starting to form in syria, you can clearly see it. What did we do, invite salih muslim to ankara lol. This is the vision of our leaders.
My post was only for the Euphrates Shield Operation.
Im sure you know what i think of(should have,could have,would have) the way this government handles things.

>how the fvck can you leave tanks out in the open without coverage(we lost about 15)?

security provided by us and by fsa, we only have range for X km, atgm has range of X+ km.
Almost no infantry on groud, fsa too weak. Our guys are in apc's/zma's but have same problem as tankers.
Our combined arms never had to deal with atgm in recent years, only rpg's. In S.east tankers often pause and use tank to hit directly (short range), in Syria you get atgm.

We do use natural earth barriers made by bulldozers and scoop in and out of firing position but still are vulnerable for infiltration + atgm attack from further away.

Then there is issue of svbieds.
Just comment on the operation,is it poorly executed or not?

In my opinion TSK reveals many weaknesses and inadequacies.
Thats the problem,there is no TSK in Syria,only some special forces,tanks and APCs as ''support''.
You cant really call that the TSK.

Listen isis have standard military equipment and tons of atgm and are well trained for warefare inside towns remember they were trained by people who fought the us in irak since 2003 you are not dealing with standard militia man with no experience, and they are using non standard ways in their fights like suicide trucks, no matter how strong you are you will face casualties, for me a better strategy is to use more uavs to locate the normal targets and shell their positions(guided missiles cost too much) and use guided missiles only against suicide trucks, keep the troops who are sent to the front separated not like i saw in some videos where hundreds of troops are gathered in a single place

Listen isis have standard military equipment and tons of atgm and are well trained for warefare inside towns remember they were trained by people who fought the us in irak since 2003 you are not dealing with standard militia man with no experience, and they are using non standard ways in their fights like suicide trucks, no matter how strong you are you will face casualties, for me a better strategy is to use more uavs to locate the normal targets and shell their positions(guided missiles cost too much) and use guided missiles only against suicide trucks, keep the troops who are sent to the front separated not like i saw in some videos where hundreds of troops are gathered in a single place
So,you are just agreeing with what i stated?

My post was only for the Euphrates Shield Operation.
Im sure you know what i think of(should have,could have,would have) the way this government handles things.

Just comment on the operation,is it poorly executed or not?

Thats the problem,there is no TSK in Syria,only some special forces,tanks and APCs as ''support''.
You cant really call that the TSK.

Partially.

But this is do or don't, still get screwed.
Send in larger number of Turkish troops = boys go home in coffins = get criticized
Don't send in, try to use fsa = boys go home in coffins.

I think we should just send in regular Turkish units augmented by sof/sf and have FSA play secondary role.
Americans did the same in Iraq, they were busting down doors and media played it as Iraqi army for morale/pr.

Partially.

But this is do or don't, still get screwed.
Send in larger number of Turkish troops = boys go home in coffins = get criticized
Don't send in, try to use fsa = boys go home in coffins.

I think we should just send in regular Turkish units augmented by sof/sf and have FSA play secondary role.
Americans did the same in Iraq, they were busting down doors and media played it as Iraqi army for morale/pr.
There is no room for caring what others think of us,we should do what is necessary.

I would say send it abit more soldiers and much more armoured units. I think we should give the very trustworthy factions, I would say the Turkmens all old army stock like old m48 tanks and m60 tanks we dont use in reserves or old bmp carriers etc, what do you guys think.

In my opinion TSK reveals many weaknesses and inadequacies.

Like any military has which hasn't faced this type of combat recently, but everyone here had to be arrogant when I pointed that out. Everyone had to tell me they'd chew the enemies alive.......

I would say send it abit more soldiers and much more armoured units. I think we should give the very trustworthy factions, I would say the Turkmens all old army stock like old m48 tanks and m60 tanks we dont use in reserves or old bmp carriers etc, what do you guys think.
Lets give it to both the Turkmens and the FSA Arabs.

Like any military has which hasn't faced this type of combat recently, but everyone here had to be arrogant when I pointed that out. Everyone had to tell me they'd chew the enemies alive.......
This type of combat you say,ever heard of the PKK in Turkiye,the South East Operations where they cleaned out whole cities in a similar type of combat?
If the Turkish Army had gone in instead of some tanks APCs and some special forces,it would have been a piece of cake but im sure you know that the Turkish forces play a supporting role in this operation.

Back
Top Bottom