What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

M82 Barret needs to be used for all units. against VBIED which is more easier to use against any target and easily to move around instead of calling up an Tank or IFV. M82 Barret could do the job with anti-material rounds would give no chance to VBIED drivers.
True, these rounds can especially destroy the engine block of the VBIED's.

Only thing I'm criticizing in ES Op. is our vulnerability against VBIED attacks.

M82 Barret needs to be used for all units. against VBIED which is more easier to use against any target and easily to move around instead of calling up an Tank or IFV. M82 Barret could do the job with anti-material rounds would give no chance to VBIED drivers.
Our sat uses m82 i8n albab
Go to instagram search sat and you see sat with m82

The soldiers don't have the right equipment to destroy these SVBIEDs, they need legit rocket launchers not M-72 LAWS. We also need to develop small unit tactics that allow soldiers to deal with that threat and how to use their weapons against them.

We can see that the soldiers try to stay behind walls with their vehicles but it is not enough because the SVBIED just blows through the wall. BTW the recent SVBIED attack that martyred 5 Turkish soldiers was carried out by a BMP-3.

A short range guided missile carried by infantry is needed, attack helicopters would be to slow to react, its all up to the infantry to neutralize the SVBIED threat.

This is not bad for most SVBIED threats

I know that SAT is now operating in Al-bab but we need the m82 operators as numbers not just like 3-5 atleast 30-40

Who is going to carry and use all those rifles?

I'm assuming that the majority of Turkish units in Syria are either mechanised or armoured so based off of that;

First layer: ATGM 2km - 4km range
Second layer: HMG and GPMG - below 2km range
Third Layer: below 1km man portable ATGM preferably Javelin
Fourth layer: 600m throw everything you have at it

The difficulty is in identifying the SVBIED. Dealing with them is actually quite simple from then on if you have the right equipment and training which you guys should have.

I'm assuming that the majority of Turkish units in Syria are either mechanised or armoured so based off of that;

The difficulty is in identifying the SVBIED. Dealing with them is actually quite simple from then on if you have the right equipment and training which you guys should have.

1- there are no such layers.
2- if there was any layer, it would be very different than what you have imagined up there.

3- we don't fight a trench-war in there where you plan to happen to see a car in your binoculars and pinpoint him as a VBIED so that they will shoot it right from the sky. I think we know how to deal with bombs, just open a Turkish EOD thread. Even when our commander called for Super Cobras to eliminate a car-bomb, we were hundreds of meters away and I bet if I was 50m closer, it'd harm me. And that's just one car spotted in a highway where there's no firefight and the nearest soldier is not 10 meters away.

4- The majority is comprised of proxy FSA/Turkmen forces.

The equipment can be used we have special forces there trained to do it but as you say the biggest problem is not identifying the VBIED. I said it before and I will say it again UAVs 24/7 and ACAR radar integrated with EO system. This way you know that there is a threat and the reaction time is enough. It depends on the situation you can engage the enemy in the most right way. With this reconnaissance system you can see the threat at the moment no matter ATGM nest, snipers or SVBIEDs . I dont know if we have ATGM units there but I can say with the enemy we are facing they are must.

we bomb our own tanks. weird

None of those tanks were bombed by the Turkish Air Force. A few were destroyed by mines/IEDs, all you have to do is look at the creators, damage to the tracks and damage to frontal haul. Other tanks have obviously been hit with ATGMs because Isis posted videos and the side of many tanks is damaged.

I don't see any real evidence of an airstrike. In fact Isis had enough time to tow away a disabled Cobra.

http://ejderhaberajansi.com/cerablusta-yeni-donem.html

xodKCOnl.jpg

FSA groups withdrawn from Jarablus. 500 Syrian police finished their training in Turkey and will start their duty in Jarablus in 23 January with ceremony.

What is the casualties of Russian Armed Forces? Any one know it?

Afaik less than 100, but they lost few pilots as well. Btw this is an off topic question, Russia didn't lose any soldier related to ES operation.

Demolition job of cook-off after fire on captured vehicles IMHO.

Not with front MBT that both ammo storage areas (left front hull and left turret rear) exploded, which is very unlikely in the event of an attack by ATGW. Moreover, hull penetration should not result in this level of damage to the hull front.

we bomb our own tanks. weird
Is that what happened here?
img_2922-jpg.370235

My opinion is that this operation should not carried out with tanks. Its just a win-fail situation because those heavy and big amored vehicles cant hide itself in a open and flat field like that.

My strategy would be like this:

1. Send Turkish troops with a total number of 10.000 men and light weaponry (equal to weaponry of IS)
2. Surround Al-Bab and cut of all the possible ways to the city
3. Create fronts with hide possibility and place howitzers there
4. Move in and while moving in locate the enemy.
5. Give coordinates and bomd the places with howitzers.
6. Very fast response of airsupport needed

With all these points you can easy move in everyday like 100 Meters.

Move in, secure. Move in, secure. Move in, secure.

Allright, thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom