What's new

Turkey shows interest in JF-17 Thunder

Working with Turkey on avionics, ECM/EW and even weapon-systems for JF-17 would be an excellent and far-reaching step forward.

That could mean "See you later" to the arrogant French too.

Flag-Pins-Turkey-Pakistan.jpg

Long Live Pakistan-Turkey Friendship:tup:

Allah Bless us, I am happy.:smitten:

Guys turkey have any Aesa Radar?

^ currently no. I think they dont have any current ongoing program

We didn't said that JF17 is 100% Pakistani indigenous but we have contributed alot in this project. World is commercialized, thus China is not fool to give 50% profit to Pakistan on any JF17 sale without PAC helping in JFT R&D. Their must be a big PAF contribution involved in it which is why we will be having 50% profit on its sale.

:cheers:

Could you or any senior member here care to explain with some reliable souce for Pakistan contribution in JF-17, I mean any component, avoinics, EWS or anything which is developed by pakistan for this ject and used on it ??

Could you or any senior member here care to explain with some reliable souce for Pakistan contribution in JF-17, I mean any component, avoinics, EWS or anything which is developed by pakistan for this ject and used on it ??
Many such questions has been answered in JF 17 thread. Please read through the thread and you'll find your answer.

Go to JF-17 thread, you will find your answer there, if you kept repeating the same thing answered hundred of times, then don't complain.

Man is this possible that which i have heard about the Construction of Heavy Electrical Complex. And i think that's the required complex that will be able to do electronics and sensor R&D on their own and with other countries. So these could be utilize for our Military needs and even to produce required electronics for our weapons systems.

Man is this possible that which i have heard about the Construction of Heavy Electrical Complex. And i think that's the required complex that will be able to do electronics and sensor R&D on their own and with other countries. So these could be utilize for our Military needs and even to produce required electronics for our weapons systems.

We already have such a facility constructed in 2007 and is working in collaboration of PAC. They do have test and manufacturing facilities and are capable to make advanced avionics on their own now. We will soon see JFTs equipped with Pakistani avionics. :pakistan:

Turks have shown interest in the aircraft itself and not technologies to be sold to Pakistan. They see it as a viable option to replace their F-5s as at $15 mil per piece, it offers a performance that is leaps and bounds better than any F-5 or F-4 variant. Also, the number of total interested customers has raised to 20 and most of them showed keen interest during ongoing FIA. Both participating aircraft are manufactured in PAC assembly line which is equipped with Swedish machine tools and other gadgets. That's why we see a sleeker and refined looking JFT.

Turks have shown interest in the aircraft itself and not technologies to be sold to Pakistan. They see it as a viable option to replace their F-5s as at $15 mil per piece, it offers a performance that is leaps and bounds better than any F-5 or F-4 variant. Also, the number of total interested customers has raised to 20 and most of them showed keen interest during ongoing FIA. Both participating aircraft are manufactured in PAC assembly line which is equipped with Swedish machine tools and other gadgets. That's why we see a sleeker and refined looking JFT.

The F-4 would not be replaced especially the Terminators they provide a better deep strike role then the thunder. Those would be replaced with the F-35. We could buy thunders in a air defense role. Since currently confirmed orders for our Air Force would be 246 F-16 (Majority CCIP and possible option for the whole fleet) by 2011(Stop Gap for F-35) and 116-120 F-35s.(2016-17) Now if turkey decides to also induct the EFT then the thunder would probably fall more out of view. We have to keep ahead of Greece and generally most other countries around our area.

Well turkey under legal terms cannot transfer F35 tech...it is highly confidential stuff limited to NATO and American allies only. Even israel was kicked out due to some odds with USA but since then they have fixed the act. Turkey can only commmit such a folly to be kicked out of NATO. However the experience gained by Turks in F35 will be very valuable knowledge for Paksitan

Well turkey under legal terms cannot transfer F35 tech...it is highly confidential stuff limited to NATO and American allies only. Even israel was kicked out due to some odds with USA but since then they have fixed the act. Turkey can only commmit such a folly to be kicked out of NATO. However the experience gained by Turks in F35 will be very valuable knowledge for Paksitan

They would never kick us out we make parts for the F-35. And tech transfer would mean little considering we would have a 5th gen aircraft in considerable numbers. Infact i don't think we can transfer our F-5/F-4s/F-16s and i don't think it bothers us. The thunder would only make sense if these options are not longer open to us. Or if we require more aircraft in a short time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom