What's new

Turkey shows interest in JF-17 Thunder

how about this

twin engine variant of JFT for Ai superiority with the help of turkey including engine development too

how about this

twin engine variant of JFT for Ai superiority with the help of turkey including engine development too

Three words....ha..ha..ha.... anyways lets be serious....AS fighters are not light fighters....look at Eagle, Flanker, Raptor.....They are all Big Birds with more power and more Airpower capacity.....If TuAF would want AS Fighter then it should go for Silent Eagle or JSF (which I think is a multirole rather than a true ASF)...JFT has no role in this....Secondly I dont know if Turkey manufactures turbofan engines....does it? (Jigs)

Im not fully up to date on Aircraft but why would "turkey" be interested in JF17?

Three words....ha..ha..ha.... anyways lets be serious....AS fighters are not light fighters....look at Eagle, Flanker, Raptor.....They are all Big Birds with more power and more Airpower capacity.....If TuAF would want AS Fighter then it should go for Silent Eagle or JSF (which I think is a multirole rather than a true ASF)...JFT has no role in this....Secondly I dont know if Turkey manufactures turbofan engines....does it? (Jigs)

Yes TEI (Turkish Engine Industries) makes GE F-16 engines under license.

Also -
"General Electric has begun to award Tusas Engine Industries of Eskisehir, Turkey contracts for the manufacture of components for the F136 engine being developed to power the F-35 Lighting II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF). Anticipated to exceed $500M in total value, this is just the first in a series of manufacturing contracts that will be offered to TEI in the coming months.

Under this initial contract, TEI will manufacture the Stage 1 Low Pressure Turbine disk, the forward compressor shaft, and numerous actuation components for the System Development and Demonstration (SDD) phase of the F136 program. With a value of $1.2M for the first 14 engine sets, the contract provides complex rotating components for the 40,000 lb. thrust-class military fighter engine, due to run again in 2008 as part of the SDD program. Total program value for this contract is $129M. The award follows TEI’s successful production of forward shafts for earlier F136 Phase III test engines.

The contract is a prime example of continued Turkish industrial involvement in the F136 power plant and the JSF program overall. Earlier this year, TEI won a contract to provide design engineering and analysis for the F136, and for other GE military and commercial engines as well. GE also recently awarded TEI over $700M of manufacturing contracts for commercial engine parts. The GE Rolls-Royce Fighter Engine Team (FET) has indicated that the Turkish contribution to the F136 will increase."

Yes TEI (Turkish Engine Industries) makes GE F-16 engines under license.

Also -
But this means that Amercian permission is required before installing the same on any other ACs...I was talking about any indiginous product

Very good news ... Turkish involvement in this project is hopefully going to work wonders especially in avionics, and weapons INSHALLAH

But this means that Amercian permission is required before installing the same on any other ACs...I was talking about any indiginous product

In that case probably not since we don't make any indigenous aircraft yet. I have a feeling nothing will happen with the JF-17. I think president GUL was just getting ahead of himself.

i am talking about JV nt purchasing..So with the help of turkey we can develop a variant of JFT like SE with twin engine.

hay, ur a think tank....I wasn't expecting this:P

One would be a very arrogant soul to admit they are the fountain of all knowledge. I am a "TT" yes, and have a deep understanding of quite a number of topics and issues relating to my profession, that is not aircraft, i would happily benefit from knowledgeable input from someone with a better understanding than my own.

I earlier told an American Engine will replace Russian Engine, Sri Lankan First & Fast

That is quite immaturish on your part to said so if you have any idea of how aerodynamics works in relation to powerplant.

Im not fully up to date on Aircraft but why would "turkey" be interested in JF17?

I think Abdullah Gul said it because Pakistani minister wanted it like that. The main goal of "Turkey is interested in JF-17"sentence is to increase/accelerate exporting activities of this bird by the help of Turks. Most probably, Turkish and Pakistani counterparts have signed an agreement with Aselsan to share technological abilities with Pakistani institues to create a new JF-17 variant with Aselsan avionics, Counter Measure systems, communication devices, targetting Pods...etc developed in accordance with NATO standarts to expand the marketing activities of this bird towards some Eastern Europe, Caucasins, Asian Turkic republics and MiddileEast countries locating under Turkish influence such as Azerbaijan, Georgia, Albania, Macedonia, Some Arabs..etc.

I think Abdullah Gul said it because Pakistani minister wanted it like that. The main goal of "Turkey is interested in JF-17"sentence is to increase exporting markets of this bird by the help of Turks. Most probably, Turkish and Pakistani counterparts have signed an agreement with Aselsan to share technological abilities with Pakistan to create a new JF-17 variant with Aselsan avionics, Counter Measure systems, communication devices, targetting Pods...etc developed in accordance with NATO standarts to expand the marketing activities of this bird towards some Western, Caucasins, Turkic and MiddileEast countries locating under Turkish influence such as Azerbaijan, Georgia, Albania, Macedonia, Some Arabs..etc.

not a bad ider!:pakistan:definately need a turkish flag:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom