What's new

Tried my first south indian food

best south india restyrant to me is kutties near jantar mantar best if you love onion butter masala or rawa dosa and there rawa kesri is mmmmmm

but i had Rs -55/- only combo(1 coffee,1 Dosa , 1 idli & 1 wara) at andhra bhawan canteen on ashoka road and trust me you wont go to any other south indian resturant after having that combo there :smitten:

just a small question guys is Hyderabadi Biryani considered a South Indian food???

South Indian foods that i like -

Masala Dosa ( who doesnt :D)

Idli/sambar

Uttapam hehe

oh and beef vindaloo (north Indians dont get to taste it cuz of obvious reasons)

Vindaloo is not from South India, its from Goa. Original vindaloo uses pork, now Vindaloo is also prepared with different kind of meat like chicken, fish or lamb.

I love masala Dosa. That's the only south Indian food i have tried, apart from some appetizers. But i love Dosa. Give me i will sell my loyalty for a good crispy masala dosa. Oh my god. What have you done? Shyt. It's only 5 am here and i am craving for a Dosa.

:azn:

Paper_Masala_Dosa.jpg

paper_masala.jpg

MumbhaiDosa.jpg

560450_490264231008622_1256121854_n.jpg

Vindaloo is actually Goan cuisine - slightly different from mainstream South Indian cuisine :D
But Vindaloo was mainly of pork. Is this 'beef' thing some customized dish?
South Indian foods that i like -

Masala Dosa ( who doesnt :D)

Idli/sambar

Uttapam hehe

oh and beef vindaloo (north Indians dont get to taste it cuz of obvious reasons)

In general South India food is great for people who like to stay away from fat. Oil and fats are used much less than in rest of India.

Vindaloo is not from South India, its from Goa. Original vindaloo uses pork, now Vindaloo is also prepared with different kind of meat like chicken, fish or lamb.

ever had pork vindaloo with fresh hot uppams trust me once you go for it you wont eat boiled rice with pork again :smitten:

ever been to MTR my friend its the mecca for south indian food too bad service is horrible and there stuff finshes faster than 'rashan ki chini'

it is i think whats there in hydrabadi cuisene if you take owt biryani from it

Hyderabadi Haleem, Hyderabadi falooda, Qubani(apricot) ka meetha, double ka meetha,Lukhmi, samosa (tiny samosa of spiced onions and chillies).

Hyderabadi Haleem, Hyderabadi falooda, Qubani(apricot) ka meetha, double ka meetha,Lukhmi, samosa (tiny samosa of spiced onions and chillies).

haleem & falooda are OK but rest is ........ so so

No, that's idli. Pitha is sweet dish, idli is not. Btw what types of pitha you have there, same as in WB? :)

Yep.Vapa Pitha(sweet),Chitoi Pitha(Usually eaten with spicy stuff or dipped in milk).....mostly the same things as WB...Might have some variance in different regions!Also there are some weird pithas which are exclusive to some specific region and are not eaten elsewhere!

I love masala Dosa. That's the only south Indian food i have tried, apart from some appetizers. But i love Dosa. Give me i will sell my loyalty for a good crispy masala dosa. Oh my god. What have you done? Shyt. It's only 5 am here and i am craving for a Dosa.

Bahut Bade wale LALCHI ho... :woot:

Idli is better - steamed, no oil & light on the stomach.

I agree...This is my breakfast. :yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom