What's new

Tried my first south indian food

Tikolo

BANNED
Reaction score
As a pakistani I had never tried south indian food, but today we went to a south indian restaurant. I had idli/dosa for the first time, also had a thali meal. It was good.

Have other pakistanis here ever tried south indian food?

some pics:

idli_sambar.jpg

masala-idli.jpg

south-indian-thali.jpg

Madurai-Hyderabadi-Veg-Thali.jpg

sada%20dosa.JPG

thali2.jpg

Love it and love to eat it, but stomach differs from mouth!!. I eat it and try to avoid Khatta dishes. Because of acidity. Usually cannot resist the taste and eat it with some Antacid.

I think in places like UAE / Bahrain and even in Singapore, there are a lot of Pakistanis who do dip their hands in South Indian food. I am sure you found it lighter on the system than the heavier (cream based) northern cuisines of Indian subcontinent? Do write :)

Cheers
Dandpatta

I love masala Dosa. That's the only south Indian food i have tried, apart from some appetizers. But i love Dosa. Give me i will sell my loyalty for a good crispy masala dosa. Oh my god. What have you done? Shyt. It's only 5 am here and i am craving for a Dosa.

Last week I tried to cook and Dosa at home with my wife and succeeded after some efforts... Its good for health but should be ate fresh... Too much sour food contains acid and can upset GI...

Is the white cake thing 'vapa pitha'??

non-veg south Indian foods also may be interesting. traditional south Indian dishes that are served are Veg dishes coming from the brahmin kitchens of Udupi,Mangalore in the westcoast as well as some dishes from Tamilnadu.

Non-Veg dishes in south India mostly from Kerala:
Appam or Idiyappam or Pathiri with duck curry or beef curry Kerala style
Parotta(called as Malawari Paratha elsewhere) with beef fry or roast is also good.
Chicken Chettinadu, Erachi Choru and many such items also exists. visiting any Kerala style restaurants abroad will serve these.

There are many South Indian eating places here (large portions of the local Indian population have South Indian roots) and even though I like some of the more popular South Indian foods like sambar, idli, etc I prefer North Indian/Pakistani foods more :)

South Indian foods that i like -

Masala Dosa ( who doesnt :D)

Idli/sambar

Uttapam hehe

oh and beef vindaloo (north Indians dont get to taste it cuz of obvious reasons)

Recently, I was at a South India hotel. A large Pakistani family were there snapping photos of almost everything (Items, tables, people) as if it were a museum :lol: though I felt they enjoyed themselves.

Back
Top Bottom