What's new

the urdu language script learning thread

Yes they have, That reason doesn't make any sense as Indus is called Sind in Persian as well, not to mention word Farsi/Parsi itself have "sa" sound.
I said do because I read this

image.jpeg

what is chandra kala?? it was in school that i last had anything to do with hindi grammar ( :D ) and i couldn't find it on google.
That thing over my Tipu
टीपूँ
The crescent and dot is called Chandra kala.

tipu was a internationalist, w
There was a time when Tipu was my hero. :(

Sigh!

Later I came to know he killed my ppl mercilessly. :(

hmm, so he is a out and out burger baccha??. :D
Lolzz no idea.
But there was this one incident when DF and me had locked horns on some thread and he called me Bevakoof, but it was posted in Urdu.
I reported the post and webmaster quoted DF on that thread and asked him "what's this?".
And on the other side I was fuming. Lolz

Last edited:
I said do because I read this

View attachment 285574

That thing over my Tipu
टीपूँ

Don't know about ancient time.....

Sindh has been known by various names in the past, the name Sindh comes from the Indo-Aryans. In Sanskrit, the province was called Sindhu meaning the river Sindh and the people living on its banks. The Assyrians (as early as the 7th century BCE) knew the region as Sinda, the Persians Hindush, the Greeks Indos, the Romans Sindus or Indus, the Chinese Sintu, while the Arabs dubbed it Sind. A legend claims that the Indus River flowed from the mouth of a lion or Sinh-ka-bab

Sigh!

leter on may be you started reading the history from hinduvata books who paint every single Muslim ruler as entirely evil . I dont think muslim rulers were any different than any other rulers in past as we judge past incident based on our current modern concept of right or wrong. There was time when slavery was considered norm and marriages at very early age of 15/16 were common and they seem wrong concept in modern world

Does Persian have any letter which sounds "sa"?
I have heard the reason why they switched to calling Indian subcontinent "Hindustan" was because they could not pronounce "sa", so Sindhu became Hindu.
We have thousands of words that have: Sa Se So Su Si etc...

Parsi/Farsi itself has S.

Sassanian empire has 'Sa'

Simurgh has 'Si'

Etc.....

Don't know about ancient time.....

Sindh has been known by various names in the past, the name Sindh comes from the Indo-Aryans. In Sanskrit, the province was called Sindhu meaning the river Sindh and the people living on its banks. The Assyrians (as early as the 7th century BCE) knew the region as Sinda, the Persians Hindush, the Greeks Indos, the Romans Sindus or Indus, the Chinese Sintu, while the Arabs dubbed it Sind. A legend claims that the Indus River flowed from the mouth of a lion or Sinh-ka-bab
Interesting!!!
In Sanskrit sindh means water.

I understand some of Persian songs when they sing slow

[video]

[video]
It's good. I hope we Iranians and Pakistanis approximate our relations as much as our common culture is close.

Saudia is just 80 years old and before that it's ruled by Kurds and Ottomans for 7 centuries, we should ignore Saudia.

Their culture is Najdi (Saudi family) and it has no base in arabic and Islamic cultures.

Iranians and Pakistani cultures date for thousands of years.

Medes, Achaemenid, Parthian, Sassanian, Samanid, Saffarid, Buyid, Ayubid, Seljuk, Khwarazmian, Ghurid, Safavid, Mughal etc... were not arab.

Last edited:
leter on may be you started reading the history from hinduvata books who paint every single Muslim ruler as entirely evil
Hahaha
Kind of.
My family is strictly secular. Dads not a Modi fan but I am Modi's die hard fan and that irks him.
But even he agrees that Tipu was not so kind to his southern neighbours.
I dont think muslim rulers were any different than any other rulers in past as we judge past incident based on our current modern concept of right or wrong.
I wanted to give him benefit of doubt.
I checked many sources, and the contents were in congruence, that Tipu Sultan wanted my ppl to convert and those who didn't, had to face the sword.
Whatever!!!
I still respect him for being a brave fighter. Just that he doesn't hold the hero status (for me) anymore.

Hahaha
Kind of.
My family is strictly secular. Dads not a Modi fan but I am Modi's die hard fan and that irks him.
But even he agrees that Tipu was not so kind to his southern neighbours.

I wanted to give him benefit of doubt.
I checked many sources, and the contents were in congruence, that Tipu Sultan wanted my ppl to convert and those who didn't, had to face the sword.
Whatever!!!
I still respect him for being a brave fighter. Just that he doesn't hold the hero status (for me) anymore.

I dont know what sources you are reading. I am not denying that Muslim rulers were not completely saint but they were not as evil as pained by most Hindu historian for their political agenda of Hindu nationalism which is based on hatred for anything Muslims but still we have some sane voices in your country exposing the lies and exaggeration

[video]

That thing over my Tipu
टीपूँ

ah... but sadly i can't see the hindi word... i suppose i don't have some font file installed in my os or the browser.

Sigh!

i am sure he was not merciless as is presented by some. :)

i had posted a thread about him in december or november, that spoke against his recent portrayal but spoke of his internationlism... i am unable to access my old posts and my threads, but when i am able to i will tag you there... do you have the no-access problem too??

also, @The_Showstopper has good information about tipu.

but tipu is a talk for another time, won't you say?? :)

Lolzz no idea.
But there was this one incident when DF and me had locked horns on some thread and he called me Bevakoof but it was posted in Urdu.
I reported the post and webmaster quoted DF on that thread and asked his "what's this".
And on the other side I was fuming. Lolz

df bhai does sometimes looses his control. :D

but if all webby said was "what's this", can it be that he was simply pointing to df that the post was rude??

right... i must now log-off... please do reply now if you wish, i will read tomorrow.

toodle doo.

I dont know what sources you are reading. I am not denying that Muslim rulers were not completely saint but they were not as evil as pained by most Hindu historian for their political agenda of Hindu nationalism which is based on hatred for anything Muslims but still we have some sane voices in your country exposing the lies and exaggeration
Don't forget that you will not ever see any Indian posting a word against Akbar or against APJ Abdul Kalam.
Ever wondered why???
Choro...I guess I am deviating this thread. Let's limit it to language only.

Ciao

ut if all webby said was "what's this", can it be that he was simply pointing to df that the post was rude?
He also asked DF to refrain from using that kind a language without provocation (as far as my memory takes me back).
That's that!

Ciao

but when i am able to i will tag you there... do you have the no-access problem too
Yeah
When i clicked "your content" it showed just 3-4 of my posts.
Remember the site had been down yesterday for sometime??
I am assuming Webby lost some of his data again.

We have thousands of words that have: Sa Se So Su Si etc...

Parsi/Farsi itself has S.

Sassanian empire has 'Sa'

Simurgh has 'Si'

Etc.....
what i found that many colours, days , numbers and months have farsi origin
white : safeed
Black: siyah
Green: Sabaz
Red: surkh
Yellow: zard
Orange: narenji

etc