What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe it when i see it.
Given that our last modified batch of 42 flankers cost us around 100 million each,and we already had infrstructure set up.For PAF to acquire even 2 squadrons of around 40 along with armament and setting up infrstructure(plus su-35 being more advanced than MKI) -at least 5 billion dollars.
And russia won't give any soft loans.So i can't see how PAF acquires this plane.
400 to 500 million dollar each year payment by pakistan, from contract signing till completion of aircraft delivery around 5 to 6 year will not be any problem for pakistan.

In this way paf can easily manage 4 to 5 billion dollar for SU 35 in coming 5 to y yearsm

It would be nice to get 2 or 3 squadrons of these beasts. PAF needs to be more proactive. These days we've been responding to India.

I'll believe it when i see it.
Given that our last modified batch of 42 flankers cost us around 100 million each,and we already had infrstructure set up.For PAF to acquire even 2 squadrons of around 40 along with armament and setting up infrstructure(plus su-35 being more advanced than MKI) -at least 5 billion dollars.
And russia won't give any soft loans.So i can't see how PAF acquires this plane.

$5B is the same as what PAF paid for 18 Blk 52s plus 40 MLUs plus AMRAMS other related stuff and it was not on soft terms or aid. I think PAF initial order will be smaller maybe around 1 squadron i.e 18/20 aircraft. New bases are being built in Turbat and Hyderabad Sind which can be customized for SU35 similar to Jacobabad being customized for Blk52. A small initial order is entirely feasible. This whole thing is tied to CEPC, China and even Russia's access to a warm water ports which can circumvent chokes point for the two countries. This is something which Russia has been dreaming of since the time of the Czars so don't right it off too quickly. Strategic interest might override financial priorities. China would like to protect it access to Arabian sea, but it cannot maintain an airbase in the area because it will make other Pakistan allies in region i.e. Arab countries very nervous. The second best thing is Pakistan enhances it presence in that area through a common platform and infrastructure which can be augmented by China in times of crisis. As I always say Indians need to take their heads out of their A$$s and look at a world which is changing fast. They should also stop thinking like bunyias. Not every thing in this world is about the numbers adding up.

Also the cost of HAL made SUs is much higher than if the planes were imported directly from Russia

Last edited:
All these years..for ma **** friends.sukhois were stupid and nothing compared to f-16. Am all off a sudden when u guys r geting a sukhoi, it has become one off de best in the world.. bravo my friends. :P

All these years..for ma **** friends.sukhois were stupid and nothing compared to f-16. Am all off a sudden when u guys r geting a sukhoi, it has become one off de best in the world.. bravo my friends. :P
Buddy Su 35 is far superior than Su 30.The comments were made for Su 30.

If Russia decides and Pakistan affords, it will be a big blow in our relationship with Russia....

As per my understanding, Russia will never do this misadventure just for a one time small benefit.....It will be too much at stack for them!

Secondly, China will never allow too much of Russian arms deal with Pakistan as their ultimate goal is to replace Russia as Key Arm Supplier to non-US-Nato aligned countries...

For India, we are on our way to achieve self reliance, we are worlds fastest growing economy, no-sanctions, US-UK-FRance-Germany-Japan-South Korea-Israel ...name a country in top-tier and they are with India if we want anything from them when it comes to defense! I don't think Pakistan at the Cost of India would be a choice for any damn country in this world!
Frnd it doesn't always have to be economics.The geo politics of this region will also force the regional countries to forge new alliances of convenience.There are already a paradigm shifts occuring in this region.Two blocks are getting created.The Western block supported by India,Israel,Australia,South Korea,Japan,Phillipines .Eastern block of china,Russia,Pakistan,CIS,Iran.So expect new military deals within these two blocks.

For many Indian Friends here in this thread we know the deal is not finalized yet but the moment of joy is that it's is confirmed that they are talking about Su-35

we know how deals can be end or can go long and long and long

But why Su-35 why not Su-27sm3 it is cheaper plus it has some of the Su-35 goodies plus Russians already have 60 of them and the intent they have for 75 more.

You need bigger bird and good that one is big and good plus cheap.

The only troubling question still remains. Why will Russia stop earning big money from India for a couple of squadrons from Pakistan. Every Pakistani has the right to celebrate and even poke some fun at us if you wish but I think its highly premature since Pak really does not have much to give back to Russia and I don't think Russians are as dumb as Pakistanis are making them to be and lose bigger deals from India. Just doesn't make any sense.

Interesting times but I still think Pakistanis are celebrating pre-maturely.
We bought thunder engines, did india stoped buying weapons from russia afterwards?
Ans. No.

We bought MI 35 , did india stopped buying Russian weapons after that?
Ans . No

So what if we buy mig 35.
Russians know that iaf is nothing without Russian jets, mig 21, mig 29, mig 27, Su 30 mki.

Iaf cant get rid of these Russian jets till 2040 specially SU30 MKI which is iaf front line jet in largest numbers.

India will 200% sign a deal to upgrade its Su30 MKI, whether pakistan buy su35 or not.

And russians knows that whether they sell their jets to paf or not, india is tightly bound to them for su30 MKI upgrade, PAKFA and other programs.

India will remain russias big weapon market, irrespective of pakistan weapon urchase from russia.

We bought thunder engines, did india stoped buying weapons from russia afterwards?
Ans. No.

We bought MI 35 , did india stopped buying Russian weapons after that?
Ans . No

So what if we buy mig 35.
Russians know that iaf is nothing without Russian jets, mig 21, mig 29, mig 27, Su 30 mki.

Iaf cant get rid of these Russian jets till 2040 specially SU30 MKI which is iaf front line jet in largest numbers.

India will 200% sign a deal to upgrade its Su30 MKI, whether pakistan buy su35 or not.

And russians knows that whether they sell their jets to paf or not, india is tightly bound to them for su30 MKI upgrade, PAKFA and other programs.

India will remain russias big weapon market, irrespective of pakistan weapon urchase from russia.

Plus who would supply spares for all these jets?

Russian jets, mig 21, mig 29, mig 27, Su 30 mki.

India can't pressure Russians

It's not going to happen, if there are talks, then they're talking for talking's sake.

Chooroo dabba Kay chooroo. Oh bhai they are in talks. Iss ka matlun yeh nahi Kay hum su35 khareed rahay hain. Just wait and watch.

The only troubling question still remains. Why will Russia stop earning big money from India for a couple of squadrons from Pakistan. Every Pakistani has the right to celebrate and even poke some fun at us if you wish but I think its highly premature since Pak really does not have much to give back to Russia and I don't think Russians are as dumb as Pakistanis are making them to be and lose bigger deals from India. Just doesn't make any sense.

Interesting times but I still think Pakistanis are celebrating pre-maturely.
India is now watching eu and us so there will be no deal in future between india and russia except pak-fa, tho kuch na hone se kuch hona is better if yu are getting 5 rupee from india and and the earning is stoped now so they will go for 1 rupee, now yu got it ? School attend kartay tho aaj en bacho waley sawalo k jawab na dene partay mujhe.

Bhai SU 35 china also ordered why they had SU 30 J 11 because SU 35 engine is rare and its radar and avionics are best ever flankers had

There is no credible evidence that China ever was interested in the Su-35. Their J-11D, J-15S, and J-16 fighters exhibit an airframe and electronics upgrade scheme that is very similar, in the technical nature, to that of the Su-35.

I Dont see how buying this plane changes anything, i doubt we even get the plane, the russians may go as far as to help us with improving the JF-17 but i sicnerely doubt they'll sell the SU-35, the indians will be getting the PAK-FA which is a true 5th generation fighter, the SU-35 just seems like a pricey stop gap.

Imagine SU35 with PAF Pilots! Its going to be one hell of a combination...Sleepless nights on our eastern side ;)

Imagine Su-35s sharing data with JF-17s to use their SD-10As.

That's the point I am making, Russia will sell to anyone who has the $$ but they are not stupid either to sell SU-35 and expect India to carry on as business like usual.

The Russian economy is in a real pickle right now as the oil price is really low and sanctions have hurt so they need hard $$ right now.

Russia''s Economy Minister Says GDP Shrinking More Than Expected - NASDAQ.com
I think it is both ways, India needs spares Russia needs sales, you will have to buy big to stop Pakistan Russia deal and I do not mean spares or Aircraft Carries because that is India's need. If India can buy from USA and Russia, Russia can sell SU35 to China and Pakistan. Think about it after all if Russia does not sell China will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom