What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt this news. Its a bait to lure India in. Russian are not dumb. Since they are cash strapped hence they want to play both sides and this is what is going to happen
The Russians are going to start negotiations, some MoUs would also be signed, then will come the modalities and as usual the devil lies in the details, their will be good negotiations but suddenly, the Russians will find excuses to delay this deal.

My reason for presenting this analysis is based on the Russian treatment of the Iranian S-300 deal.

even if russia agrees to sell SU 35, whos going to pay for this?
pakistan already relying on IMF aid/soft loans, american assistant will never agree to fund this sale.
chinese will rather sell more jf 17 on soft loans than fund some russian purchase.

a su 35 roughly costs around 100 million $ going by recent Indian purchase of Su 30 MKI which now costing Indians 100 million.
'Russian will never sell anything on soft loans as they need hard cash in these times. so pakistani's stop dreaming and accept the reality.

and the $5billion dollar blk 52 or the 2 billion Erieye deal etc etc paid for by Martians as they become threatened by the Indian space ship. Get your head out of your a$$ and smell the roses for a change. Indian inherent bias and delusions will be Pakistan's best asset in the future. No major weapons deals is doen on lump sum cash, they are all financed. There is more to this deal which catches the eye and looking at it from a narrow banyia perspective is wrong. Go look for one of my posts on this topic few days ago and you will see the larger strategic implications involving China as well as Russia and Pakistan.

Last edited:
I doubt this news. Its a bait to lure India in. Russian are not dumb. Since they are cash strapped hence they want to play both sides and this is what is going to happen
The Russians are going to start negotiations, some MoUs would also be signed, then will come the modalities and as usual the devil lies in the details, their will be good negotiations but suddenly, the Russians will find excuses to delay this deal.

My reason for presenting this analysis is based on the Russian treatment of the Iranian S-300 deal.
exactly... we never deal in arms with Russians. just by looking at recent deals with indains and iranian i dont think such a hi tech and costly equipment will comes to pakistan in short span of time. it may take years or cancelled.

Why not go for J-16 from China? Are they not similar to su-35? Even with 80% similar capabilities, they would make more sense then buying from Russians.

bhai aapko tu Samaa tv ma hona chaiye...
Bhai i always used sense no sama tv bhai only want my country gain something from me im a common useless person with good mind want to do something for country starting with sensible induction for country security

SU 35 is made to kill and fighter jet any day any time

Only F 22 is best than SU 35 but SU 35 has small chance to destroy ace F22 where others dont stand any chance

Why not go for J-16 from China? Are they not similar to su-35? Even with 80% similar capabilities, they would make more sense then buying from Russians.
WE Are ALREADY USING PAK CHINIESE JF-17 Now We need Russian JET
USA F16, PAK CHINA (JF-17) and Now Russian (Su-35) as per Spec I believe Su-35 will be the best One:butcher:

Bhai SU 35 china also ordered why they had SU 30 J 11 because SU 35 engine is rare and its radar and avionics are best ever flankers had

If Russia decides and Pakistan affords, it will be a big blow in our relationship with Russia....

As per my understanding, Russia will never do this misadventure just for a one time small benefit.....It will be too much at stack for them!

Secondly, China will never allow too much of Russian arms deal with Pakistan as their ultimate goal is to replace Russia as Key Arm Supplier to non-US-Nato aligned countries...

For India, we are on our way to achieve self reliance, we are worlds fastest growing economy, no-sanctions, US-UK-FRance-Germany-Japan-South Korea-Israel ...name a country in top-tier and they are with India if we want anything from them when it comes to defense! I don't think Pakistan at the Cost of India would be a choice for any damn country in this world!

The reality of the matter is that there is a clear and present alliance between Russia and China vis-à-vis the aggressive posturing and policies of the west. If left unchecked, the way the US and Europe are moving forward, Russia and China will be marginalized to an extent (in a not to distant a future) that is not going to be acceptable to either Russia or China (Russia even more so). The whole Ukraine fiasco is a very good example of all this. The west is not content in letting things be the way they are and let them flow in their natural progression. They want everything exactly where they want them to be, the way they want them to be. Hence they are being very aggressive.

China has proven difficult to contain. And frankly now China is countering in cohorts with Russia (which needs help).

China is buying Russian gas worth USD 400 billion and oil worth USD 270 billion. Russia is now China's single largest supplier of oil, surpassing Saudi Arabia. China is investing huge amount of money in Russia. A paradigm shift is coming in Russia is as well.

Don't think of all this in just the India - Russia or India - Pakistan or Russia - Pakistan context. Think of it in a China - Russia context. Where their global counter strategies to the west are being devised and being set in motion. In this region, China wants to safeguard the source and supply of 50% of its fossil fuel from the ME. The route from the gulf to the South China Seas is long and costly. In the changing global situation it sees possible threats arising to its energy needs in the Indian Ocean from the growth of US presence and growing Indian naval power. Also it requires a foothold near by to safeguard its interests and in the future if need be project its power with Russia as an ally.

Enter CPEC and the Gwadar deep water port. The supply of Chinese energy needs and other trade goods to and from this region will be done via Gwadar and the inland route thru Pakistan. This will cut costs of supply and reduce the risks of a blockade to Chinese growing energy needs. It also provides the naval foothold in the region that China wants. Russia too sees the opportunities and benefits of this arrangement.

Pakistan is the provider of inland route and a strategically located deep water port. Plus it is to provide cover to Chinese and in future possibly Russian maritime interests. For that purpose China is already giving Pakistan 6 Subs and 6 surface vessels worth USD 5 billion. The PAF doesn't have any asset that can provide air cover to the extent that is required. Something is going to come Pakistan's way. Be it the Su-35 or the J-11D that is not the issue here. The big picture is that even if the current Su-35 hoopla doesn't end with an actual deal ... there are enough forces at work which here which ensure that something or the other is coming ... be very sure of that and yes Russia is very much on board in all this.

Yes they are but that deal is a long term agreement and was signed when sanction's hit the Russian economy along with the slump in the global oil price. The Russians can't solely rely on the Chinese coming to save them and they like any country must diversify and expand in new markets. Before the (Ukraine war) the oil intended for the west is now going to by the looks of it be coming to the markets in Asia mainly (China and India) as they will consume the most in the next 10-15 years.

Next point regarding CPEC and 'Russia' in particular is interesting but we will not know what will transpire only time can tell.

Iran, India and Russia met in New Delhi and approved the draft transit and customs agreements for the International North South Transport Corridor.

According to Gadkari, “It is expected that cargo by this route (INSTC) would reach Russia in about 25-30 days as against the present route through Suez which takes about 45-60 days

Chabahar: The ‘missing’ link to Eurasia | Russia & India Report

With China Slowdown, Russia Looks To India | OilPrice.com

Too early to celebrate. These are just discussions and can breakdown for number of reasons most likely being price, transfer of critical rechnology or weapons, diplomatic pressures and lingering suspicions among two nations. There is one reason to celebrate though. Pak-Russia relations have warmed enough to make such negotiations reality at first place.

If Russia decides and Pakistan affords, it will be a big blow in our relationship with Russia....

As per my understanding, Russia will never do this misadventure just for a one time small benefit.....It will be too much at stack for them!

You think having special hotline with Uncle Sam where you are sharing all your intel on Russia and scheming against them is acceptable? Russians are not stupid.

Iran may be stupid by accepting India running to Israel but they need money after being under sanctions. The dynamics are totally stupid. Russians know the game very well and how to play it.

Secondly, China will never allow too much of Russian arms deal with Pakistan as their ultimate goal is to replace Russia as Key Arm Supplier to non-US-Nato aligned countries...

For India, we are on our way to achieve self reliance, we are worlds fastest growing economy, no-sanctions, US-UK-FRance-Germany-Japan-South Korea-Israel ...name a country in top-tier and they are with India if we want anything from them when it comes to defense! I don't think Pakistan at the Cost of India would be a choice for any damn country in this world!
"YOU MUST READ THIS "ENEMY OF INDIA is an enemy of RUSSIA and Enemy of Russian is a Friend of INDIA"
China, Russia And Pakistan: The World's New Superpower Axis

Last edited:
Once again my compatriots are celebrating too early. There is still no concrete evidence except for an "unnamed source". I still will say this is nothing but rumours. When an official actually comes out and says this on record I will believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom