What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets them come, then i will celebrate. I know by that time i will surely have few kids..

The only troubling question still remains. Why will Russia stop earning big money from India for a couple of squadrons from Pakistan. Every Pakistani has the right to celebrate and even poke some fun at us if you wish but I think its highly premature since Pak really does not have much to give back to Russia and I don't think Russians are as dumb as Pakistanis are making them to be and lose bigger deals from India. Just doesn't make any sense.

Interesting times but I still think Pakistanis are celebrating pre-maturely.

The only troubling question still remains. Why will Russia stop earning big money from India for a couple of squadrons from Pakistan. Every Pakistani has the right to celebrate and even poke some fun at us if you wish but I think its highly premature since Pak really does not have much to give back to Russia and I don't think Russians are as dumb as Pakistanis are making them to be and lose bigger deals from India. Just doesn't make any sense.

Interesting times but I still think Pakistanis are celebrating pre-maturely.

On the contrary, can India afford to put all it's eggs in the American basket....keeping the MMRCA fiasco in mind.

That's a positive post !
Agreed on it !
But the thread should be stop cause its existence is just a speculation from no where ?

Toddler , I'm a proud Pakistani enjoyed the sniping eye balls of your soilders in kargill ?lolzzz
Yes that's about , the money & state relationship & China Pakistan & Russia are on their level best in the history ?lolzz
Su-35 is comming to Pakistan .

Remember one thing if there was nothing & just talks were initiated then Russian FM never had talked about it ?
So its more a desperate media denial ,which India is in it & its wants to push into your mind?
I have posted pics here ,PAF pilots are in training on Chinese SU-30s why ?

can you please share those again or atleast name the thread where you shared them

spec please...does su35 discharge smoke? plus its maintenance time ? does it have onboard diagnostic (like cars and jf 17) which with just computer can tell the perfromance of sensors, gadgets etc ?
When it comes to FBW and DEEC systems, every diagostic is done via diagnostic softwares aided lapis and codes. SU-35 is no exception.
but too much is said about maintaince time of sukhois... i wonder if, not check manually, whta take that maintaince that much time (part replaacing only can take that much time 1 hour flight after 2-3 hours of maintenance)...

On the contrary, can India afford to put all it's eggs in the American basket....keeping the MMRCA fiasco in mind.

India has not bought any fighter aircraft or subs from the U.S. Highly strategic assets and procurement requiring high level of trust is still with the Russians. Sure MMRCA was an experiment to get ToT much more than the aircraft itself. India wants to get into the big league with fighter aircraft but it put all its efforts through ToT and MMRCA. Hence, as far as the aircraft themselves go, MMRCA is important but not vital to our strong airforce. 5th Generation aircraft is super vital for Russia and it cannot afford to mess relations with India since India may end buying a large quantity.

I think you and some other Pakistani's don't understand Russia-India relationship very well. For that reason alone, I said celebrations were pre-mature. Russia will and has every right to engage any country it wishes but as I said it will mean little to India unless they started selling state of the art machinery to India's adversaries. That being said, I still don't get why Russia will spoil good relations and future sales for a smaller dollars from Pakistan.

Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
16 September 2015

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has discussed buying Su-35 'Flanker-E' fighter aircraft from Russia in potentially the largest defence deal between the two countries, but a final decision is yet to be made, a senior Pakistani government official has confirmed to IHS Jane's .

The official was responding to Russian media reports that Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov had said talks were underway for an unspecified number of Su-35s, which follow a recent agreement to provide Mi-35M 'Hind E' attack helicopters to Islamabad.

While the official said "it's too early to say if a deal will conclude and the terms", the fact that discussions have taken place shows Russia's willingness to sell advanced hardware with Pakistan despite Moscow's longstanding ties with India.
(123 of 427 words)

@MastanKhan....your words on PAF??

@Donatello i start taking my shirt off and running towards American Embassy:D Where are you..

Pakistani official confirms Su-35 talks - IHS Jane's 360

Can someone post full Article.

Well, it is not confirmed yet.......I need to see Su-35s in PAF colors.

When Indians start posting long posts, it is a sure shot sign that' they are upset.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

When you show the Russians the colour of over $2.5 billion IN PAKISTANI HANDS

the Russians WILL HAND OVER 40 SU35B for sure.

BUT PAKISTAN WILL NEVERR HAVE $2.5 BILLION TO HAND TO RUSSIA.

For most AIR FORCES its no biggy $2.5 billion BUT for Pakistan its like $25 billion.

financially impossible. for your AIR FORCE AND GOVT.

" most senior Pakistanis in here know that's true"

ITS WAY WAY BEYOND YOUR COUNTRY

thats what everyone rejecting
thats what pakistan need for long time
Pakistan should also customized their F-16 Fleet like Aesa Radar etc

Brother I said it 10 x that Russia will sell to anyone who has the cash but still people are not understanding my point. There is a PR campaign going on due to the slump of the Russian economy and they need hard cash now but the Russians are not stupid enough to agonise ties with India especially in this moment of time.

The reality of the matter is that there is a clear and present alliance between Russia and China vis-à-vis the aggressive posturing and policies of the west. If left unchecked, the way the US and Europe are moving forward, Russia and China will be marginalized to an extent (in a not to distant a future) that is not going to be acceptable to either Russia or China (Russia even more so). The whole Ukraine fiasco is a very good example of all this. The west is not content in letting things be the way they are and let them flow in their natural progression. They want everything exactly where they want them to be, the way they want them to be. Hence they are being very aggressive.

China has proven difficult to contain. And frankly now China is countering in cohorts with Russia (which needs help).

China is buying Russian gas worth USD 400 billion and oil worth USD 270 billion. Russia is now China's single largest supplier of oil, surpassing Saudi Arabia. China is investing huge amount of money in Russia. A paradigm shift is coming in Russia is as well.

Don't think of all this in just the India - Russia or India - Pakistan or Russia - Pakistan context. Think of it in a China - Russia context. Where their global counter strategies to the west are being devised and being set in motion. In this region, China wants to safeguard the source and supply of 50% of its fossil fuel from the ME. The route from the gulf to the South China Seas is long and costly. In the changing global situation it sees possible threats arising to its energy needs in the Indian Ocean from the growth of US presence and growing Indian naval power. Also it requires a foothold near by to safeguard its interests and in the future if need be project its power with Russia as an ally.

Enter CPEC and the Gwadar deep water port. The supply of Chinese energy needs and other trade goods to and from this region will be done via Gwadar and the inland route thru Pakistan. This will cut costs of supply and reduce the risks of a blockade to Chinese growing energy needs. It also provides the naval foothold in the region that China wants. Russia too sees the opportunities and benefits of this arrangement.

Pakistan is the provider of inland route and a strategically located deep water port. Plus it is to provide cover to Chinese and in future possibly Russian maritime interests. For that purpose China is already giving Pakistan 6 Subs and 6 surface vessels worth USD 5 billion. The PAF doesn't have any asset that can provide air cover to the extent that is required. Something is going to come Pakistan's way. Be it the Su-35 or the J-11D that is not the issue here. The big picture is that even if the current Su-35 hoopla doesn't end with an actual deal ... there are enough forces at work here which ensure that something or the other is coming ... be very sure of that and yes Russia is on board in all this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom