What's new

T-LORAMIDS Tender | Updates & Discussion

What is the best option for the T-LORAMIDS Program

• Total voters
Our officials didn't make final decision yet... News talkung about first announcement of the tender. China announced to be 1st one for negotiations... These news are all about that... I repeat there is no final decision yet...
Bet with me if you dare. After one month and it's still not comfirm by turkish side. Cease your account and stop posting. I will cease mine if it's not.

Please accept the decision. Turkey buy HQ-9 and even foreign minister of China comfirm it.

It will be a system more superior offer by aster and patriot. The HQ-9 AESA is one of the best in the world.
i hope it is not export version

There is no urgency for T-LORAMIDS! we can survive without it for a little more!!! not a big deal!!

and guys what we gonna intall to our TF 2000?! trust me forget about SM3 or even SM2 is a question mark! navilized HQ or ASTER? in short here we are not just talking about T-LORAMIDS but a long range air defence (area defence) system and missiles for our future frigates as well.

we should hire ASELSAN and ROKETSAN for the job and give them the time they need!!!

Last edited:
Turkey would never buy the Chinese system. It is out of the question. And don't believe in these "sale is confirmed" reports which is being published every week or so.

Bet with me if you dare. After one month and it's still not comfirm by turkish side. Cease your account and stop posting. I will cease mine if it's not.

lol... Are you ok ? I didn't say deal will not be signed with china...

And you see it...

"The media read too much into this. There is no new information on the bid," an executive of the China Precision Machinery Export-Import Corporation, the manufacturer, told the Global Times Wednesday on condition of anonymity.

Chinese firm denies winning FD-2000 air defense missile system bid in Turkey - Global Times

China confirmed an agreement to sell the HQ-9 air defense missile system to Turkey on Tuesday, during the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition in Malaysia.

A representative of China National Precision Machinery Import &Export Corporation said it was well-known that the Chinese FD-2000 system, a HQ-9 model for export, was chosen for the contract with Turkey in 2013.

The representative said in an interview with China Central Television that the FD-2000 is one of the most important products the corporation brought to the LIMA, Asia’s largest defense and security exhibition.

https://www.***************/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/china-Airdefense-missile-system-HQ-9-missile-310x196.jpg

Besides the FD-2000, Chinese military industry businesses also brought the F-22P frigate and LPD dock landing ship to the exhibition.

When Turkey chose the China National Precision Machinery Import &Export Corporation to co-produce a $4 billion long-range air and missile defense system in September 2013, China sold air defense weapons to a NATO member for the first time.

https://www.***************/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/china-FD-2000-air-defense-missile-300x180.jpg
FD-2000 Air Defense Missile

According to a report from CCTV’s website, the winning Chinese FD-2000 system beat the US Patriot, the Russian S-400 and the French-Italian Eurosam Samp-T.

Turkish analysts said their choice of a Chinese firm was for technological reasons as well as cost effectiveness. The contract enables Turkey to have its own long-range missile defense system for the first time, according to CCTV.

After Turkey announced the decision to award the contract to China on Sept 26, NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said a few days later that he expected Turkey to choose a system that was compatible with those of other allies, according to the Xinhua News Agency.

The United States expressed serious concerns to Turkey, saying the Chinese missile defense system would not work with NATO systems, Xinhua reported.

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying expressed hope that the parties involved will view the normal military trade between China and Turkey in an objective light and not politicize standard commercial competition.

The Chinese government has all along adopted a prudent and responsible attitude toward military trade cooperation with foreign countries, she said.

Ok ive had enough of this ping pong of 2 years. Is turkey getting it or not?

I think Turkey will wait to see if the USA will use the "G"-word, on April 24th, before announcing its decision for the winner of T-LORAMIDS.

China confirmed an agreement to sell the HQ-9 air defense missile system to Turkey on Tuesday, during the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition in Malaysia.

A representative of China National Precision Machinery Import &Export Corporation said it was well-known that the Chinese FD-2000 system, a HQ-9 model for export, was chosen for the contract with Turkey in 2013.

The representative said in an interview with China Central Television that the FD-2000 is one of the most important products the corporation brought to the LIMA, Asia’s largest defense and security exhibition.

china-Airdefense-missile-system-HQ-9-missile-310x196.jpg

Besides the FD-2000, Chinese military industry businesses also brought the F-22P frigate and LPD dock landing ship to the exhibition.

When Turkey chose the China National Precision Machinery Import &Export Corporation to co-produce a $4 billion long-range air and missile defense system in September 2013, China sold air defense weapons to a NATO member for the first time.

FD-2000 Air Defense Missile

According to a report from CCTV’s website, the winning Chinese FD-2000 system beat the US Patriot, the Russian S-400 and the French-Italian Eurosam Samp-T.

Turkish analysts said their choice of a Chinese firm was for technological reasons as well as cost effectiveness. The contract enables Turkey to have its own long-range missile defense system for the first time, according to CCTV.

After Turkey announced the decision to award the contract to China on Sept 26, NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said a few days later that he expected Turkey to choose a system that was compatible with those of other allies, according to the Xinhua News Agency.

The United States expressed serious concerns to Turkey, saying the Chinese missile defense system would not work with NATO systems, Xinhua reported.

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying expressed hope that the parties involved will view the normal military trade between China and Turkey in an objective light and not politicize standard commercial competition.

The Chinese government has all along adopted a prudent and responsible attitude toward military trade cooperation with foreign countries, she said.
Not another thread about this.... :hitwall:

Chinese firm denies winning FD-2000 air defense missile system bid in Turkey

There is no urgency for T-LORAMIDS! we can survive without it for a little more!!! not a big deal!!

and guys what we gonna intall to our TF 2000?! trust me forget about SM3 or even SM2 is a question mark! navilized HQ or ASTER? in short here we are not just talking about T-LORAMIDS but a long range air defence (area defence) system and missiles for our future frigates as well.

we should hire ASELSAN and ROKETSAN for the job and give them the time they need!!!

Actually on the contrary, we do need these systems urgently. Compared to other neighbouring countries we have relativly outdated and bad air defence. I mean why do you think we asked NATO for help with Patriot systems. Under any other circumstances i would opt for an Indegenious system, but right now i think buying one is neccesary.

Ideally, i want a Aselsan-Roketsan Indegenious system with the Chinese ToT and assistance. Essentially this would guarantie that the system will be finished as quick as possible AND can be beter integrated in our own and NATO infrastructure..

Last edited:
This news can give some opinions... Maybe ASELSAN-ROKETSAN can take some part in this T-LORAMIDS tender... As i understood there can be such a thing...

Also there is another long range air defence project going on with ROKETSAN... There is no doubt about that...

Yerli ve elektrikli otobüs geliyor

Back
Top Bottom