What's new

Syed Muzamil Hasan Zaidi: Economy, Podcast, Inflation and Leaving Pakistan

This time he is going international, let's pray that he succeeds.
Yes pivoting to Dubai is the probably for the best. For this venture, and to expose the nation to the possibilities (such as desert agriculture like he mentioned)

Btw, I agree with him, growth is going to occur in the Middle East, and Pakistan should Cather to that market as well as western markets when thinking of exports.

One idea of mine is to extend the power grid to Gwadar and then link with solar power plants in Baluchistan (which is globally one of the best places for solar) and get investors to build a $2.5 Billion 300 mile electric cable to Oman (similar to the plan for a cable between solar power plants in Australia and Singapore. If our power producers can sell to the GCC market then they can find customers capable to pay higher prices for electricity, and we won’t be struck allowing the IPPs to earn without producing electricity.

This will help sell off the electricity until the industrialization can occur under phase 2 of CPEC as Muzamil indicates is still set to happen, if I understood him correctly.

The one with Musharraf's son? He said that translating into the local language is the key.

It will take time to compete, but at least now you have 80-90 learned youth out of 100. The pool is bigger. English as a mode of education means we get 20 out of 100. Nonetheless, we need few scientists/professionals but a lot of skilled/vocational workforce.
No, there was another one. This guy's startup mainly works on providing quality education to children in rural areas. Do you want the link for this podcast?

Yes pivoting to Dubai is the probably for the best. For this venture, and to expose the nation to the possibilities (such as desert agriculture like he mentioned)

Btw, I agree with him, growth is going to occur in the Middle East, and Pakistan should Cather to that market as well as western markets when thinking of exports.

One idea of mine is to extend the power grid to Gwadar and then link with solar power plants in Baluchistan (which is globally one of the best places for solar) and get investors to build a $2.5 Billion 300 mile electric cable to Oman (similar to the plan for an . If our power producers can sell to the GCC market then they can find customers capable to pay higher prices for electricity, and we won’t be struck allowing the IPPs to earn without producing electricity.

This will help sell off the electricity until the industrialization can occur under phase 2 of CPEC as Muzamil indicates is still set to happen, if I understood him correctly.
Solar power is still not cheap and who will invest in an unstable region like Balochistan. GCC have good annual radiation besides 300 miles distance will create transmission losses.

I suggested that they will need edible items. Also, due to snobbery, they will consume expensive items. Such as a duplicate of the Mikyzaki mango. Or grow bambos, and make bambo straws. Or edible lentil spoons for a green environment/economy.
Or coconut husk sponges. etc. Then farms lands lease to GCC+Chinese for milk, cheese, grains, etc higher yield. Then grain bars, cereals, jams, etc of international quality. Not just fruit exports.
China was bringing technology in agriculture
1676929036896.png

No, there was another one. This guy's startup mainly works on providing quality education to children in rural areas. Do you want the link for this podcast?
one at a time. :P

Last edited:
The one with Musharraf's son? He said that translating into the local language is the key.

It will take time to compete, but at least now you have 80-90 learned youth out of 100. The pool is bigger. English as a mode of education means we get 20 out of 100. Nonetheless, we need few scientists/professionals but a lot of skilled/vocational workforce.

Money is one problem. Do we speak English all day? How can a poor learn English if he uses Urdu/Pashto/Punjabi as the main language?
English is an academically developed, you can't escape it in the world of education and formalities.

I'm a full advocate of maintaining your mother tongue and local languages and not letting English overpower them.

But English is a global language and commonly used for business and quite developed academically. I imagine it would be difficult teaching aerodynamics or mechanical engineering in say Punjabi or even Urdu.

Quality STEM teaching likely will require English for the time being.

You need to set up local language development institutes. For academia.

English is an academically developed, you can't escape it in the world of education and formalities.

I'm a full advocate of maintaining your mother tongue and local languages and not letting English overpower them.

But English is a global language and commonly used for business and quite developed academically. I imagine it would be difficult teaching aerodynamics or mechanical engineering in say Punjabi or even Urdu.

Quality STEM teaching likely will require English for the time being.

You need to set up local language development institutes. For academia.
I said to keep the English language but make it a curriculum language after 5th/8th only.

Yes it would. Remember "jay saadey pind dey kammi kameen parh likh gaye tey fer ..... "
@_NOBODY_
We copy-paste everything. Our legal precedences, laws, etc. Like, health, safety, traffic, rules etc. We make no input to anything. Like why we have a legal marriage age of 18? Why not 19 or 17? in UK after 18 one can marry or drink. in the US, one can marry till 18 but can drink after 21. In some states, after 16 one can marry.

In education, we follow the British system till the intermediate or annual paper only (pedagogy). Then in HE, we follow the US semester system (andragogy), where students is loaded with assignments, quizzes, tests and annual paper. No brainer, just copy-pate.

We don't modernise/modify anything as we literally copy/paste everything. We have to adopt a system with 'pakistani characteristics'

Last edited:
Guy says, "In 5 years, I think there'll be more centrist thinking. No more extreme polarized views."

Same guy, but 5 minutes later:
@Goenitz If you don't watch this podcast then I will hunt you to the ends of the world. Death will be a mercy to you if you refuse to watch this podcast. I will cut you into pieces while making sure that you stay alive. This torment will make you wish that you watched this podcast in case you didn't. You will beg me for death but you will only die after extreme suffering.:sniper::pissed:

I am going to sound like the pessimistic angry old man but

Pakistan is already forgotten by the middle east - Indians have capitalized by leaps and bounds to embed themselves not just in the business infra of places like Dubai but also in clerical roles. Meanwhile the Pakistani barely left the taxi driver and labor role and even today educated Pakistanis are recognized by Arabs as Indians because they remember Pakistanis generally from the person building their home or otherwise.

part of that problem is the very military centric relationship built by the leaders of Pakistan and the narrative with it - outright exaggeration on “Arabs cannot fight without Pakistan” and “Mecca will fall” only betrayed the absolute minuscule nature of all other Pakistani contribution and potential that could have been done when Dubai was really up and coming instead of just copy pasting the PIA -Emirates story.

Most if not all Pakistani education institutions as well have zero culture or otherwise to talk of opportunities beyond the MNCs they are aware of operating locally or otherwise. Little to no impact was given to entrepreneurs when the aspect was ripe in the late 90a and early 2000s to establish themselves instead only trading houses, real estate or smuggling remained the highlight of the Pakistani.

Today, the Pakistani fights against an embedded Indian system in gulf countries or faces off against the caucasian for which they have no hope of beating out Arab preferential treatment for them.

Even back in the 60s this was clear but unfortunately the Pak Pauj and supporting narrative kept harping on about how invaluable ikhwan e Bakistan are to the Arabs as protection.

Today their military training, equipment and thought is moving beyond you as the western educated Arabs are now back to run their country with a zeal and drive no “muhibbul watan” Pakistani could ever hope to match.

What is doable now is for those Pakistani professionals who have no problem embracing new ideas and concepts and who aren’t of the “Al Haramatun nangatun mein na haath laga tun” type or “Let me mansplain why I know better” to get involved with this Arab and most importantly Saudi renaissance.

Not as Pakistanis waving their flag around but as professionals looking to expand their own brand.. and maybe, just maybe the collective impact might change the image of the Pakistani from the taxi driver or laborers making pithy comments at little girls walking home from school to competent professionals that are considered equal to the Indian.

The Arab is changing to be more aware and accommodating as a new generation takes over- best not to leave a bad taste in their mouth and leave a lasting good impression

Solar power is still not cheap and who will invest in an unstable region like Balochistan. GCC have good annual radiation besides 300 miles distance will create transmission losses.

I suggested that they will need edible items. Also, due to snobbery, they will consume expensive items. Such as a duplicate of the Mikyzaki mango. Or grow bambos, and make bambo straws. Or edible lentil spoons for a green environment/economy.
Or coconut husk sponges. etc. Then farms lands lease to GCC+Chinese for milk, cheese, grains, etc higher yield. Then grain bars, cereals, jams, etc of international quality. Not just fruit exports.
View attachment 917252

one at a time. :P
Definitely need to sell value added products and not raw materials or simple products the GCC consumer doesn’t want.

The “electricity pipeline” was just an idea, considering our sunk costs with the IPPs. But I guess once we do the reforms and re-industrialize we will need the electricity. No shorts no matter how we slice it, eh. We’re locked into our problem until we solve it ourselves. :lock:

Last edited:
We copy-paste everything. Our legal precedences, laws, etc. Like, health, safety, traffic, rules etc. We make no input to anything. Like why we have a legal marriage age of 18? Why not 19 or 17? in UK after 18 one can marry or drink. in the US, one can marry till 18 but can drink after 21. In some states, after 16 one can marry.

In education, we follow the British system till the intermediate or annual paper only (pedagogy). Then in HE, we follow the US semester system (andragogy), where students is loaded with assignments, quizzes, tests and annual paper. No brainer, just copy-pate.

We don't modernise/modify anything as we literally copy/paste everything. We have to adopt a system with 'pakistani characteristics'
For this you need intelligent and visionary people, who are competent and actually care.

The ones in charge are the most corrupt and most careless people you will ever find, and they are delusional. I don't know if you've heard about the Azm canard story, that sums up the baffoons in charge.

honestly pains me to say this but i see no hope. maybe its the education system and environment in pakistan but it produces very boxed in yessir people who are extremely selfish. only a handful of people on this forum actually present ideas that build a nation.

I am going to sound like the pessimistic angry old man but

Pakistan is already forgotten by the middle east - Indians have capitalized by leaps and bounds to embed themselves not just in the business infra of places like Dubai but also in clerical roles. Meanwhile the Pakistani barely left the taxi driver and labor role and even today educated Pakistanis are recognized by Arabs as Indians because they remember Pakistanis generally from the person building their home or otherwise.

part of that problem is the very military centric relationship built by the leaders of Pakistan and the narrative with it - outright exaggeration on “Arabs cannot fight without Pakistan” and “Mecca will fall” only betrayed the absolute minuscule nature of all other Pakistani contribution and potential that could have been done when Dubai was really up and coming instead of just copy pasting the PIA -Emirates story.

Most if not all Pakistani education institutions as well have zero culture or otherwise to talk of opportunities beyond the MNCs they are aware of operating locally or otherwise. Little to no impact was given to entrepreneurs when the aspect was ripe in the late 90a and early 2000s to establish themselves instead only trading houses, real estate or smuggling remained the highlight of the Pakistani.

Today, the Pakistani fights against an embedded Indian system in gulf countries or faces off against the caucasian for which they have no hope of beating out Arab preferential treatment for them.

Even back in the 60s this was clear but unfortunately the Pak Pauj and supporting narrative kept harping on about how invaluable ikhwan e Bakistan are to the Arabs as protection.

Today their military training, equipment and thought is moving beyond you as the western educated Arabs are now back to run their country with a zeal and drive no “muhibbul watan” Pakistani could ever hope to match.

What is doable now is for those Pakistani professionals who have no problem embracing new ideas and concepts and who aren’t of the “Al Haramatun nangatun mein na haath laga tun” type or “Let me mansplain why I know better” to get involved with this Arab and most importantly Saudi renaissance.

Not as Pakistanis waving their flag around but as professionals looking to expand their own brand.. and maybe, just maybe the collective impact might change the image of the Pakistani from the taxi driver or laborers making pithy comments at little girls walking home from school to competent professionals that are considered equal to the Indian.

The Arab is changing to be more aware and accommodating as a new generation takes over- best not to leave a bad taste in their mouth and leave a lasting good impression
Most depressing thing about it is, top leadership doesn't care... they arent doing a thing to change this, no reforms, no institutional recovery or anything. we are continously becoming more backwards as the world progresses.

Most depressing thing about it is, top leadership doesn't care... they arent doing a thing to change this, no reforms, no institutional recovery or anything. we are continously becoming more backwards as the world progresses.
Because Garbage cannot reform garbage

Back
Top Bottom