What's new

Syed Muzamil Hasan Zaidi: Economy, Podcast, Inflation and Leaving Pakistan

I said to keep the English language but make it a curriculum language after 5th/8th only.

@_NOBODY_
We copy-paste everything. Our legal precedences, laws, etc. Like, health, safety, traffic, rules etc. We make no input to anything. Like why we have a legal marriage age of 18? Why not 19 or 17? in UK after 18 one can marry or drink. in the US, one can marry till 18 but can drink after 21. In some states, after 16 one can marry.

In education, we follow the British system till the intermediate or annual paper only (pedagogy). Then in HE, we follow the US semester system (andragogy), where students is loaded with assignments, quizzes, tests and annual paper. No brainer, just copy-pate.

We don't modernise/modify anything as we literally copy/paste everything. We have to adopt a system with 'pakistani characteristics'
I know many people from poor backgrounds who study O & A levels in Pakistan. If these people can study O & A levels successfully in Pakistan then copy-paste strategy should work. Over the years, the government may make some minor changes to make the syllabus more suitable for our children.

I know many people from poor backgrounds who study O & A levels in Pakistan. If these people can study O & A levels successfully in Pakistan then copy-paste strategy should work. Over the years, the government may make some minor changes to make the syllabus more suitable for our children.

Copy-Paste would work only if the goal is education. It is NOT. The goal is to indoctrinate the production of the right kinds of morons and automatons. That is why everyone, and I mean ALL of them, starting with Gen Zia, have persisted with this policy, including IK and his SNC.

Copy-Paste would work only if the goal is education. It is NOT. The goal is to indoctrinate the production of the right kinds of morons and automatons. That is why everyone, and I mean ALL of them, starting with Gen Zia, have persisted with this policy, including IK and his SNC.
History doesn’t start from 1979

The problem with that is that his education reforms make no sense. I have explained numerous times on horrible his proposed SNC is. There is less emphasis on English, which is the global language of academia and less emphasis on STEM. Would it kill them to simply copy-paste a world-class curriculum? This proposed SNC is worse than the Afghan curriculum that was being taught in Afghanistan before the Taliban took over. I found it disheartening when IK bragged about his unsustainable growth during the last year of his tenure. What made me like IK was how he stabilized the economy during Hafeez Sheikh's tenure as the finance minister. Then he did a complete 180 as we discussed in the thread that we discussed this matter earlier.
Stats says otherwise,

If imran khan policies was not as good we wouldnt have these stats.

As shabbar zaidi said, economy performance are based on real facts and stats and not rona dhona of geo tv and bashing without knowing the reality because in the end its the stats that count for performance of any govt.

He is correct, Jinnah's Pakistan died a long time ago. This is Zia's Pakistan.
Jinnah’s Pakistan was made recessive when they assassinated Liaquat Ali well before Zia. It is not dead even now. Merely waiting to re-emerge.

Jinnah’s Pakistan was made recessive when they assassinated Liaquat Ali well before Zia. It is not dead even now. Merely waiting to re-emerge.
Even Liaquat Ali Khan wanted to change Jinnah's Pakistan into Liaquat Ali Khan's Pakistan but he died before he could.

Why are people obsessed with Jinnah's Pakistan?

Make pakistanis Pakistan, the kinda Pakistan we want as a country or what we aspire to be whatever it is

Obsession with one man (not the founding fathers in general or an ideology just one man which makes it bizzare) who died 7-8 decades ago is stupid

Revisionist history to make him into this saintly, smart guy is incorrect and just propoganda
when he was just a regular guy who made a ton of mistakes and was also right in many instances

My issue is our whole country shouldn't revolve around one guy or be what he wanted us to be,- we are a country of 220 million people and much much bigger than one man
we should respect him no doubt about that but that's that

Jinnah's Pakistan died in 1971. 1971-77 was the period of transition. Modern day Pakistan came into being in 1977.

Denial never changes reality, and thus is not my problem, but yours. :D
Jinnah’s Pakistan never existed in the first place.

Jinnah wanted a progressive and liberal Islamic republic.

The Pakistan you see today, is the result of what Pakistan’s leaders and its people wanted.

Not saying either is right or wrong.

Jinnah’s vision of Pakistan resonated with muslims of India. The first blow to that vision was the Objective resolution then the martial law then break up then the declaration of some sects as non muslims then the introduction of Zia and his so called Islamisation policies and then the act of Nawaz Sharif to become Amir ul momineen.

Again not saying either is right or wrong.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom