• No(Remain it unchanged to Pakistan)

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Keep Both Names.

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you to create a online petition. keep it up. :D

But so is India, India has more ethnic groups than Pakistan, but Pakistanis identity crisis mainly stems from denying any association that is India. Simply, you cannot deny your genealogy.

Anyway, I think Pakistanis should look forward and change their destiny than dissect the past and try to prove it false when it is not.

This indeed does represents an identity crisis as some of us identify ourselves as Arabs rather than Indo-Aryans.

I was agreeing with you.

Almost whole Pakistan was under IVC, & almost whole Indus river passes through Pakistan, why do you feel Indus will be offensive name for us?

Hey your grandparents migrated from India, didn't expect such comments on IVC from you.

No Pakistan is a beautiful name, people have gave their lives for this name. It is our virsa now.

Pakistan_Flag1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is not the origin or justification of the name, the point here is that THERE IS NO NEED FOR A NAME CHANGE !

But my point is that indians claim IVC as their history & hence they can make world fool that Pakistanis were some foreigners who have occupied this land where Indus flows. I'm not saying we should remove the name Pakistan nor i have any grudge against that name, all i'm saying that we can have both names, just like Russia have two names Russia & Soviets or Iranians have Iran & Persia.

Honestly speaking this word 'stan' sound's pretty awkward .
For example hinduSTAN , KazakiSTAN , PakiSTAN , AfganiSTAN..........
I dunno what u guys think but i absolutely hate all these kind of tan and blah blah.....
Thank god we r known as India...phewwww !! :lol:

Hey your grandparents migrated from India, didn't expect such comments on IVC from you.

My grand parents have migrated from wherever, i'm Pakistani now & will work for good of Pakistan. Pakistan is my identity, my mother & my everything.:pakistan:

How about

Pakistan AKA (also Known as) Indus

We only need one name.

You don't change names every 64 years.

People gave their lives for Pakistan, Punjab, Afghania, Kashmir, balochistan.

The pamphlet of Chaudahry Rehmat Ali, the Jinnah Address, everything, was for Pakistan.

ANd whats wrong with PAKISTAN?

Indus was the name given by the English to the river Sindhu. So, Sindhu is the correct name. However you wish to dissociate river Indus and Indus Valley Civilisation, I suggest you name your country Sindhu or add -stan to it.

Even better call yourself what the Persians used to call the denizens of IVC - Hindu. That's right you call yourself Hindus and your country Hindustan, that would bring you more closer to Iranians the erstwhile persians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom