Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No(Remain it unchanged to Pakistan)

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Keep Both Names.

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One man in 180 Million represents an identity crisis? With that kind of generalization I am surprised we aren't all doomed to lives as Taxi Drivers in New York.

It is not one. The one thing most Pakistanis on this forum are obsessed is how to have identity that is non Indian, when there is a 3000 year cultural association/same heritage. It is like denying you identity, your existence. If this is not identity crisis then what is?

Well, it seems that a part of Pakistani population, who has realized the fallacy of Jinnah's 2 nation theory as a core to their identity, is looking for alternatives to the same.. And thats where the desperation to create linkages with IVC comes in... Current state of Pakistan in the world order hasnt helped either...

To me it looks a bit similar to what some Pakistanis in the west did to avoid discrimination and started projecting themselves as Indians

Because it is Inidan Occupied Kashmir & Azad Jammu & Kashmir.Period.

Well, Indian occupation is only temporary. That's what you guys always say, don't you?

Proceeding with that line, it won't be out of order to consider the unified Kashmir as one 'Kashmir' and the otehr part of Pakistan as 'Southern Pakistan'.

And you also said that you want to be seen associated with Kashmir.

What better way to associate yourself with Kashmir than to rename yourself as 'South Kashmir'. If you want, you can also rename 'Azad Kashmir' to 'North Kashmir'.

Makes perfect sense.

One man in 180 Million represents an identity crisis? With that kind of generalization I am surprised we aren't all doomed to lives as Taxi Drivers in New York.

Why do you think it is an identity crises? I'm proud to be Pakistani & the name i suggest is from Pakistan within, tell me that Indus does not flow through Pakistan.

It is not one. The one thing most Pakistanis on this forum are obsessed is how to have identity that is non Indian, when there is a 3000 year cultural association. It is like denying you identity, your existence. If this is not identity crisis then what is?

Your previous post made no reference to this line of argument. This indeed does represents an identity crisis as some of us identify ourselves as Arabs rather than Indo-Aryans. However, that can also be attributed to our multi-ethnic composition.

Pathans: Turkic
Baloch: Persian
Hazara/Baltits/Gilgiti: Mongols
Punjabis/Sindhis/Kashmiris: Indo-Aryan
Muhajirs: Indo-Aryan/Bengali/Dravidian

Besides many smaller ethnic groups. Though I agree, a cohesive, greater national identity of Pakistani has yet to be drilled into the brains of our citizens.

It is not one. The one thing most Pakistanis on this forum are obsessed is how to have identity that is non Indian, when there is a 3000 year cultural association. It is like denying you identity, your existence. If this is not identity crisis then what is?

Your previous post made no reference to this line of argument. This indeed does represents an identity crisis as some of us identify ourselves as Arabs rather than Indo-Aryans. However, that can also be attributed to our multi-ethnic composition.

Besides many smaller ethnic groups. Though I agree, a cohesive, greater national identity of Pakistani has yet to be drilled into the brains of our citizens.

The name sounds good ..we will consider that name when we are gonna create a new state .INDUS sounds great

Telangana wasn't enough?

If possible please change the location as well! :D

That can't happen, however, you can click that little button at the top right corner of this page and rid us of your presence. Everyone's happy.

Pakistan sounds kind of O.K. and today people might not remember George Bush but even an cuban beggar would know a country called Pakistan for obvious reasons :lol: so no need to change the name .

But why?? Pakistan sounds okay and the people there have made their identities as Pakistani........
And naming it after a river is stupid, especially a river which flows through 2 other countries also......A river symbolises freedom and neutrality, and giving it's name to one state would be ....weird

And guess how a geography lesson would sound??-
" Children, guess which country does Indus flow through?? That's right....Indus!!!":disagree:

519px-Civilt%C3%A0ValleIndoMappa.png

Almost whole Pakistan was under IVC, & almost whole Indus river passes through Pakistan, why do you feel Indus will be offensive name for us?

But why?? Pakistan sounds okay and the people there have made their identities as Pakistani........
And naming it after a river is stupid, especially a river which flows through 2 other countries also......A river symbolises freedom and neutrality, and giving it's name to one state would be ....weird

And guess how a geography lesson would sound??-
" Children, guess which country does Indus flow through?? That's right....Indus!!!":disagree:

Where's the quadruple thanks button? This is the first sane post on this entire thread. Hats off to you!

519px-Civilt%C3%A0ValleIndoMappa.png

Almost whole Pakistan was under IVC, & almost whole Indus river passes through Pakistan, why do you feel Indus will be offensive name for us?

The problem is not the origin or justification of the name, the point here is that THERE IS NO NEED FOR A NAME CHANGE !

hehe what a response sirji :lol:

Sounded like cheap one liner to me, oh guess what! It was a cheap one liner!

will a name change do any thing for Pakistan current situation? if yes ,then by all means do so . if no ,then why bother?:)

But so is India, India has more ethnic groups than Pakistan, but Pakistanis identity crisis mainly stems from denying any association that is India. Simply, you cannot deny your genealogy.

Anyway, I think Pakistanis should look forward and change their destiny than dissect the past and try to prove it false when it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom