HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

PPP, PML-N ‘agree’ on caretakers’ names, power-sharing formula

Zulqernain Tahir Published July 2, 2023 Updated about 2 hours ago

LISTEN TO ARTICLE1x1.2x1.5x
LAHORE: The meetings between PML-N and PPP bigwigs in the United Arab Emirates have reportedly resulted in a consensus on a number of issues, including names for the caretaker set-up and a power-sharing formula if the two parties win the next election.
The top leaders from both parties, including PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif and PPP leader Asif Ali Zardari, met more than once throughout the week to decide the next general election’s date, among other things. The meetings were also attended by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, PML-N senior vice president Maryam Nawaz Sharif and Law Minister Azam Nazeer Tarar, a source told Dawn.
The return of Mr Nawaz to Pakistan was also discussed as the law minister briefed him regarding the status of his court cases in light of the bill to undo lifetime disqualification was passed by parliament.
There are speculations that if all is settled regarding “relief in his convictions” Mr Nawaz may return on Aug 14.
Dubai huddles discuss date for polls; Nawaz to return on Aug 14 ‘if things go his way’
After the meetings, Mr Zardari, PM Shehbaz and the law minister returned to Pakistan while Mr Bhutto-Zardari left for Tokyo. Mr Nawaz, who arrived from London, is likely to stay in the UAE for one more week to hold political and business meetings.
Among the things discussed in the meetings, date for the next general elections appeared to be the only issue where both parties had differing opinions.
PML-N has been giving mixed signals about whether polls would be held in October or not, but PPP has categorically stated it wants elections at stipulated time.
“The stated position of PPP is that elections should be held in October after the incumbent government completes its tenure this August,” PPP senior leader and prime minister’s special assistant Qamar Zaman Kaira told Dawn.
He said there had been no ambiguity on polls’ date after the prime minister made a categorical statement in this regard.
Addressing a press conference on Friday, PM Shehbaz said his government’s tenure would end next month and the Election Commission of Pakistan would give the date for elections.
Whoever wins the polls would have to serve the people and steer the country out of the economic quagmire, the premier added.
A reported reason behind PPP’s clarity on the polls’ date is that Mr Zardari is keen to see his son as the next prime minister. Mr Zardari was also expected to discuss seat adjustment with the PML-N in Punjab for the next general elections, a PPP leader told Dawn.
“He would definitely want the PML-N to consider supporting a few big PPP names in some Punjab constituencies. What he [Mr Zardari] would offer to Mian sahib [Mr Nawaz] in return, we don’t know.”
Earlier, a source told Dawn the future of Imran Khan’s PTI would also come up for discussion and whether the party should be allowed to contest elections to legitimise the process or keep it out of the ring.
“There was a complete understanding between the two before May 9 on the strategy against the PTI, but now that Imran Khan is no longer relevant to the upcoming elections, at least in the PDM’s view, both sides are playing their cards carefully to grab a bigger share in the future set-up,” said a PPP leader.
Published in Dawn, July 2nd, 2023

Mafia hijacked Pakistan... the country has no future... nor it can offer anything good to anyone in the world... time is over!

The mercenary states won't and can't survive without akaaaz...

As long as the people of Pakistan stay silent like lambs, Pakistan will remain the fiefdom of Sharif & Zardari families to rule without end.

As long as the people of Pakistan stay silent like lambs, Pakistan will remain the fiefdom of Sharif & Zardari families to rule without end.

It's best to leave this sh*thole of a country for better opportunities abroad and never look back. Those who stay or invest are wasting their time and money and their kids' livelihoods.

If you scratch the surface every politician and military officer has family abroad as an anchor to leave once done. I see no reason why the regular individual needs to stick around. All of Munir's kids, Khawaja Asif, etc. are sitting abroad.

Political future of Pakistan being discussed in UAE.

To top it off the absconder will be back to a hero’s welcome on Aug 14.

No future.

Overseas Pakistanis, you’d be dumb to invest in current Pakistan.

Nawazu and zardari are nothing but puppets of dirty hafiz.
Khan should announce completely boycott the next elections as it would be fully manipulated by fascist military of Pakistan. Without PTI polling turn out would be under 10%, hence no country will accept these elections

Nawazu and zardari are nothing but puppets of dirty hafiz.
Khan should announce completely boycott the next elections as it would be fully manipulated by fascist military of Pakistan. Without PTI polling turn out would be under 10%, hence no country will accept these elections
Boycott won't do anything, we are way beyond such sensible things. In this case, only might is right. And they will figure out a way for countries to accept this, I firmly believe they have support from the West, and the Arab countries.

I think we need to learn from the French people. a 17 yo was killed and whole country is on the streets and here in Pakistan we have raids on homes at 2 am, torture, illegal kidnapping, raping of women and god knows what else but still we are bleating like sheeps

I think we need to learn from the French people. a 17 yo was killed and whole country is on the streets and here in Pakistan we have raids on homes at 2 am, torture, illegal kidnapping, raping of women and god knows what else but still we are bleating like sheeps
I don't condone what these rioters are doing in France, since they are wrong, but Pakistan men need more courage to challange the corrupt Pakistani state/army.

If you have money, leave this military country forever.

Country had lost its value when Jinnah was dead.

Jannah wanted secular country, where Shia, Mirzaye, Hindu Dalits were part of the govt.
Now military launched puppet mullah and 2 families to rules on country.

Last edited:
Back ground meetings, ....

1688326125025.png

It's best to leave this sh*thole of a country for better opportunities abroad and never look back. Those who stay or invest are wasting their time and money and their kids' livelihoods.

If you scratch the surface every politician and military officer has family abroad as an anchor to leave once done. I see no reason why the regular individual needs to stick around. All of Munir's kids, Khawaja Asif, etc. are sitting abroad.
You are correct. However, I'm amused at the lack of reaction from the public to their own plight. Forget Imran Khan. Are people so desensitized there that they never decide that enough is enough? People will literally kill their children and set themselves on fire to protest poverty, but they never turn their ire against the rulers? How useless can a people be?

I'm confident I can literally walk up to people there, slap collars on them and have them do chores without any resistance. Some of these people are built to be slaves.

Last edited:
You are correct. However, I'm amused at the lack of reaction from the public to their own plight. Forget Imran Khan. Are people so desensitized there that they never decide that enough is enough? People will literally kill their children and set themselves on fire to protest poverty, but they never turn their ire against the rulers? How useless can a people be?

I'm confident I can literally walk up to people there, slap collars on them and have them do chores without any resistance. Some of these people are built to be slaves.

My father always said gulami is genetically built into people's DNA in that region. It's a dead Qom. Look at the Indians with their useless mujra dances, and Pakistanis are always stuck at sas and bahu garbage; it's the same mentality they apply in life; it's just filth they develop and throws out at people.

Remember one thing: Some nations are built to rule; others are built to be ruled.

I, after understanding certain things, have concluded and do not blame at all the British for subjugating South Asia regardless of the deaths it caused. Africans and South Asians can never self-rule.

I agree. Aaj Pakistan ko Thora boht seedha Kar b Lia, to 5 Saal me pir yahe situation ban Jani.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom