• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

American Pakistani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I open this thread to know how many Pakistani peoples interested in changing the name of Pakistan to Indus.

Or we can use the name 'Pakistan' in Urdu & 'Indus' in English? What say,:azn:

If you choose 'NO' Please give a reason.

WARNING: NO TROLLING PLEASE.

please do. :)

Although I have a few sugesstions of my own:

Such as 'South Kashmir'. This will help Pakistan associate itself with Kashmir better.

There are examples worldwide to illustrate this pattern:

There's a 'Tibet' and a 'South Tibet'. China calls Arunachal, South Tibet to better project its claim on the land.

There's a 'Sudan' and a 'South Sudan'

There's a 'North Korea' and a 'South Korea'.

There was a 'West Pakistan' and an 'East Pakistan'

There is a 'West Bengal' and was an 'East Bengal'.

There was a 'West Germany' and an 'East Germany'.

My suggestion, rename Pakistan to 'South Kashmir'.

No.

Egypt is not called the Nile. The name is fine the way it is.

Indus would sound silly.

Why there is river Jehlum as well as city Jehlum. Indus pass throughout Pakistan from Kashmir to Arabian Sea & hence it would sounds good.

Also world will start understanding Pakistan from new level as they will know the real location of our historical IVC.

I open this thread to know how many Pakistani peoples interested in changing the name of Pakistan to Indus.

Or we can use the name 'Pakistan' in Urdu & 'Indus' in English? What say,:azn:

If you choose 'NO' Please give a reason.

WARNING: NO TROLLING PLEASE.

Quite a good idea actually.
Taking on from your idea, how about 'INDUSTAN'. It will make an instant connection to the already existing name, which matters to people.

"Our" IVC becomes a bit tricky considering that only Punjabis, Haryanvis, Rajasthanis, Sindhis, Gujratis are living in the regions of IVC and by linguistic claims, the Dravidians [South Indians] and unless these states alone become a separate country there can't be one unitary "our" IVC.

Just like the argument some Pakistanis trot out that what has an Indian Bengali or Bihari got to do with IVC, what has a Balochi or Mohajir or Pashtun got to do with IVC ?

Now that is cleared, what name Pakistan changes to is according to them. Good wishes. :tup:

What kind of outrageous question is this, have you lost your mind. Look at that lost jabroni Hindi already saying "please do".

Why you looking at trolling posts, they are making you fool.

By naming Pakistan as Indus, we will have even more right over Kashmir & dumbs who stealing our IVC history will be halted.

Quite a good idea actually.
Taking on from your idea, how about 'INDUSTAN'. It will make an instant connection to the already existing name, which matters to people.
Lol that sounds like HINDUSTAN to me!

No.

Egypt is not called the Nile. The name is fine the way it is.

Indus would sound silly.

Niger, Nigeria, Jordan, Congo are named on river. Both Punjab and Sindh are named on river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom