What's new

Sania no more a poster girl

Whatever you say Zaki, it's DISGUSTING and unfair that, as a sportsman, you say something racist against your team-mate! Sohail Tanvir must be flogged in public for saying something that disgusting. I commend Danish Kaneria for his outlook towards the whole thing. One can imagine what would happened if Danish had made a similar statement against Islam!

Would you be saying the same thing Zaki: "Well i guess its not that offensive but he shouldn't have said that." Heck, that would probably be the end of Danish's career.

oh cool down athiest cool down

i can understand what you are saying. But there are so many Tanvir like peoples from both countries. Its not that big issue. Nobody gets punished after such remarks but i believe they should apologize publicaly. Take an example of Bal Thakery who keep saying things against Pakistan somewhat and many times it is linked with the religion also. But anything happens? no because thats only words......... they should be taken lightly

And if the words had any such value the engliish countries would have prisoned Sulman Rushdi who wrote the book "Satanic Verses" or that cartoonist who made the cartoons of my Prophet. Western countries don't give a damn after these verbal remarks. They are very tolerant in this regard.

An anti-Pakistan sentiment has been entrenched in India for a long time now - the establishment has done an excellent job of brainwashing Indians into an irrational hatred of Pakistan.

The Mumbai attacks just brought this prejudice to the fore.

Some Indians are trying to justify this hatred, bigotry and prejudice by pointing to the Mumbai attacks. If that is partly a reason for this Indian bigotry and prejudice, then it only shows the small mindedness of the Indians who have these attitudes, just as the racism and bigotry displayed by some Americans towards all Arabs or Muslims, because of 911, is unjustifiable.

The difference between most Americans and Indians is that most Americans won't justify racism and bigotry under the guise of 911, like some Indians like to do when referring to the Mumbai attacks.

An anti-Pakistan sentiment has been entrenched in India for a long time now - the establishment has done an excellent job of brainwashing Indians into an irrational hatred of Pakistan.

Some Indians are trying to justify this hatred, bigotry and prejudice by pointing to the Mumbai attacks. If that is partly a reason for this Indian bigotry and prejudice, then it only shows the small mindedness of the Indians who have these attitudes, just as the racism and bigotry displayed by some Americans towards all Arabs or Muslims, because of 911, is unjustifiable.

The difference between most Americans and Indians is that most Americans won't justify racism and bigotry under the guise of 911, like some Indians like to do when referring to the Mumbai attacks.

The establishment has nothing to do with anti-Pak sentiments in India. Everything was at peace before Mumbai attacks.

what do you expect us to do after 26/11?? welcome you???
The perpetrators are still roaming freely and Pak hasn't done anything credible. How do you think should be act??

Do you think Pak's behavior would have been any different, if the cartoons of Prophet Muhammad were from India???

It would have been the same. So refrain from saying that again.

Things would have been different if Hafiz Saeed would have been in jail or handed over to India.

The establishment has nothing to do with anti-Pak sentiments in India. Everything was at peace before Mumbai attacks.
I disagree - the comments boards on Indian and Western newspapers contained the typical Pakistan bashing and hatred, that you see nowadays, before the Mumbai attacks.

And the Indian establishment has played a central role in feeding/using the media to propagate distortions and lies about the Pakistani State and its institution's role in terrorism, in establishing this anti-Pakistan sentiment.

what do you expect us to do after 26/11?? welcome you???
The perpetrators are still roaming freely and Pak hasn't done anything credible. How do you think should be act??
Since neither the Pakistani State, its institutions nor all of its citizens were involved in Mumbai, then yes, I expect a degree of decency to be displayed by Indians. Unfortunately this degree of decency has been lacking both before and after the Mumbai attacks.

Do you think Pak's behavior would have been any different, if the cartoons of Prophet Muhammad were from India???
The reaction would have probably been the same, and by the same group of people.

And you won't find me condoning certain actions that generalized and stereotyped all Danes either.
Things would have been different if Hafiz Saeed would have been in jail or handed over to India.
India has provided no evidence against Hafiz Saeed, your own government is on record as asking Pakistan to find the evidence, so why on earth should we either arrest or deport Hafiz Saeed?

The alleged masterminds Lakhvi and Shah, are under arrest and being tried.

This from a country where official propaganda said that one Muslim soldier was equal to ten Hindu soldiers, where Hindus are portrayed as cunning possessing a "Bania" mentality which has now been supplanted by "chankian"(chanakyan) mentality. So much so that when one of your cricket players does not get to earn in India, he instinctively attributes it to "Hindu" mentality. I am willing to accept that he said it in the heat of the moment but where do you think such a reaction came from? It has been drummed into him like it has been for a lot of people from childhood. He did not see anything wrong with "Hindu" money, did he?

Anyway what is your point? That Indians & Pakistanis don't like each other? You don't need to convince me! There's a guy on this forum who wants his new born son to grow up and take part in "Gazwa-e -hind". Imagine wishing that for your son.

We have nuclear weapons with the intent of wiping out each others populations. There is no need to look for subtleties in our relationship. Whatever else we are, subtle we are not !

An anti-Pakistan sentiment has been entrenched in India for a long time now

Negative. To most people's life Pakistan is irrelevant, too far removed from their reality.

- the establishment has done an excellent job of brainwashing Indians into an irrational hatred of Pakistan.

dkdc

prejudice? truth?

Khuda ke liye, New York, MNIK, Guantanamo Bay, special screening regulation for Pakistanis at airports.

Khuda ke liye, New York, MNIK, Guantanamo Bay, special screening regulation for Pakistanis at airports.

oh cool down athiest cool down

i can understand what you are saying. But there are so many Tanvir like peoples from both countries. Its not that big issue. Nobody gets punished after such remarks but i believe they should apologize publicaly. Take an example of Bal Thakery who keep saying things against Pakistan somewhat and many times it is linked with the religion also. But anything happens? no because thats only words......... they should be taken lightly

And if the words had any such value the engliish countries would have prisoned Sulman Rushdi who wrote the book "Satanic Verses" or that cartoonist who made the cartoons of my Prophet. Western countries don't give a damn after these verbal remarks. They are very tolerant in this regard.

1) Bal Thackrey is an asshole too, lol. But he is a moron politician not a moron sportsman. Question. Will MS Dhoni say such a thing against Muslims? Or Tendulkar? But, I know that there are jackasses on both sides of the border. Just that, one would expect more from a sports person.

2) You are confusing two things here. Freedom of expression vs Racism. If I criticize a book, that's fine. If I criticize a historic personality, that's fine. Heck if you criticize me [Not defame, but criticize : Will point out the difference in a bit] That's fine.

If you criticize a race, that's not fine. If you defame a person, that's not fine.

For example if you were to say "Kamran looks ugly", that's fine. If you were to say "Kamran is stupid" = fine. Kamran's book would only be read by a maniac = fine. Kamran stole a million dollars, you do that without evidence, THAT IS NOT FINE. I will kill Kamran, THAT IS NOT FINE. All Pakistanis are morons [since Kamran is a Pakistani], THAT IS NOT FINE.

A commoner or even a politician making statements that blanket all muslims can maybe get away with it. Not a Sportsperson.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom