What's new

Russia's Putin says NATO should stay in Afghanistan

I believe Pakistan deserves to be rewarded for taking care of all those Afghanistani refugees for more than a whole generation (34 years).

Insh'Allah we will be rewarded for taking care of the Afghanistani refugees for a very long time.

Post of the week! :rofl:

Then you only have 5 stans left to unite under the wise rule of PakShah!

My thick Pakistani accent? You are a funny guy. I have done it many times already in Pakistan and here in Ny.

Your boastfulness plays hand in hand with your accent and together, they're Pakistani in trait and a part of your charm.

I fear nobody except god.

Alhamdulillah! Indeed, if all Muslims kept to the path, abstained from lies and hypocrisy, respected the life of others, refrained from helping themselves to the property of others and labored for the good of all mankind, then the world would have been a bed of roses surrounded by gardens today. Yet because fearlessness is spawned by faith, we know that it doesn’t exist in the hearts of many who pretend otherwise but indeed act to the contrary. The noble Quran has warned us about the Munafiqeen (hypocrites) who position themselves as more religious than others and fearful of God, while in truth they engage in all matters of evil. Jallaludin Haqqani and the ISI he holds membership with is a prime example.

If you were to delve deep enough, this might explain why you live in New York and not in Pakistan, for if your state was indeed ruled by a free Muslim people, there would have been no need for you to have migrated to America in the first place, right? Before the Communists took over Afghanistan, our people had one of the world’s lowest rate of outward migrations. It’s only in recent years that we’ve witnessed Afghans returning to their country after so many decades. If ordinary Afghans raise an organized movement to force their government to clean, God will bless the nation with lucrative investments, the return of wealthier Afghans, and an influx in human capital from among Afghans as well as others. This is how the world works.

I know enough Afgans that would spit on Tajik communists like you. They blame you for leaving their land, not us for giving them some.

Looks to me that your lonely mind is your sole dialog partner, for all Afghans know that the Communists were not ethnically concentrated. In fact, the only Afghans I've seen talk in this way are those from the Pakistani side of the Durand who've been fed a good dose of lies. Once they realize the depth of their deception, they'll be as every bit as unforgiving to Pakistan as those fighting the Pakistani state today. To be clear, Nur Mohammad Taraki, Hafizullah Amin, Najib Ahmadzai....these were all Pashto speakers, although Babrak Karmal is said to be of Kashmiri origin. The truth is that no major region in Afghanistan has been spared from individuals who've engaged in sin. My own ethnic region of Kandahar produced many die-hard Communists, not to mention Paktia, Ghazni, Jallalabad, etc...

As for my own personal views, I am literally a living antidote to Communism, let alone being one. I can tell you all about how Marx was a good for nothing scoundrel who plagiarized from Hegel while living off on Engel's inheritance. I can burst your ear-drums about the crimes of Communism from Europe to China, Muslim Pakistan’s higher than mountains ally. To me, Communism and all its manifestations such as Al Assad's Syria, Mubarak’s Egypt, Gaddafi's Libya, Russia's Putin, not to mention the military dictatorship of Pakistan, are collectively the embodiment of man-gods. Those who cowardly tolerate them effectively shun God as they embrace servitude. History is replete with these scoundrel regimes which grab power through rosy ideologies, hypocritical religious vitriol, and inheritance from other Tyrannies. If Pakistanis were indeed as brave as you claim to be and hence feared only God, then the people therein would have long ago overthrown their military elite…………do you agree?

Oh dear poster,

Be a proud Afghan and not a lowly-Indian-brown-noser. There are billion+ Indians to project Indian stuff, why does an Afghan feel the need to be an Indian lackey? Boggles my mind.

I was born a “proud Afghan” and will die a “proud Afghan”, so it boggles my mind how a Pakistani could bring himself to question it or even advise me on it. As for what I’ve written about the Indians, it’s merely a statement of fact that is left open for your reasonable rebuttal. You’ve tried doing that below and I shall respond in kind…

I agree that Pakistan hired some Britishers (army and civilians) in early years.

Cute, but you did not “hire” them as they were imposed upon you, courtesy of Pakistan’s first Governor General, Mohammed Ali Jina at the service of the Crown rather than the Pakistani people (Source: Governor-General of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). No independent state “hires” foreigners for their Defense Ministers, for in doing so, you surrender the control of your military to them. When nations “hire” foreigners to develop their military, they do so as “advisers”.

Seriously, if only you would venture to give some serious thought about what you’ve written here, I am sure that you are intelligent enough to discover how truly silly your position is. It is an undeniable fact that Pakistan’s founding father was a puppet of the crown. Do you seriously believe that the Muslim majority with their prejudices written on their sleeves would have chosen an Ismaili to represent them?

But as an honest Afghan you should know that the so-called independent India's governor general was Lord Mountbatten, sitting at the very top of Nehru, Gandhi and the whole India.

Sure, but as a “historian”, you ought to know that Mountbatten was “charged with overseeing the transition of British India to independence no later than 1948”. He only “remained in New Delhi for ten months… until June 1948.” The next Governor General assigned to replace him was rejected by the Indians who unlike their Pakistani cousins chose to exercise their independence. In his place, they accepted a trusted Indian - Chakravarti Rajagopalachari - as their next Governor General. Gandhi once referred to him as the “"keeper of my conscience". He only served in that position until January 1950, when the Indians formally changed the role into that of a President, hence eliminating the last symbol of British Colonialism.

The Pakistanis on the other hand gleefully saluted their Governor Generals for another 6 years, until the Americans picked you up where the British left off, just as they had done with the other British colonies in the Muslim world. Pakistan’s “independence” only owes itself to America’s non-colonial mindset in exercising her power, rather than any hard won “independence” from the British.

So at best your statements as an Indian are "pot calling a kettle black".

Khmmmmm…out or respect, I’m trying not to laugh here…. khmmmmm…

If you are true Afghan (and I don't doubt it) then focus on Afghanistan please.

I love it when Pakistanis try and set the agenda for discussions…sorry friend, but I make everything my business.

Pakistanis should be at peace with Indians but if they want to have $hitey things with India, well let Pakistanis take care of that side.

I earnestly don’t believe that the Indians would even care to check for your pulse if it weren’t for your leader’s ongoing war-games with them.

Hope you don't take any of my comments as personal attack on an attack on Afghanistan.

peace.

Don’t sweat it, you’re not being offensive at all...I am enjoying our little discussion here and appreciate your participation. Perhaps one day we’ll end up as brothers, although right now we’re reaching the last years of a seven decade war between our states. It was your leaders who chose enmity with Afghanistan and not us. Ordinarily, we respect all Indians across the Indus…Muslims and Hindus alike.

Peace

Your boastfulness plays hand in hand with your accent and together, they're Pakistani in trait and a part of your charm.

Alhamdulillah! Indeed, if all Muslims kept to the path, abstained from lies and hypocrisy, respected the life of others, refrained from helping themselves to the property of others and labored for the good of all mankind, then the world would have been a bed of roses surrounded by gardens today. Yet because fearlessness is spawned by faith, we know that it doesn’t exist in the hearts of many who pretend otherwise but indeed act to the contrary. The noble Quran has warned us about the Munafiqeen (hypocrites) who position themselves as more religious than others and fearful of God, while in truth they engage in all matters of evil. Jallaludin Haqqani and the ISI he holds membership with is a prime example.

If you were to delve deep enough, this might explain why you live in New York and not in Pakistan, for if your state was indeed ruled by a free Muslim people, there would have been no need for you to have migrated to America in the first place, right? Before the Communists took over Afghanistan, our people had one of the world’s lowest rate of outward migrations. It’s only in recent years that we’ve witnessed Afghans returning to their country after so many decades. If ordinary Afghans raise an organized movement to force their government to clean, God will bless the nation with lucrative investments, the return of wealthier Afghans, and an influx in human capital from among Afghans as well as others. This is how the world works.

Looks to me that your lonely mind is your sole dialog partner, for all Afghans know that the Communists were not ethnically concentrated. In fact, the only Afghans I've seen talk in this way are those from the Pakistani side of the Durand who've been fed a good dose of lies. Once they realize the depth of their deception, they'll be as every bit as unforgiving to Pakistan as those fighting the Pakistani state today. To be clear, Nur Mohammad Taraki, Hafizullah Amin, Najib Ahmadzai....these were all Pashto speakers, although Babrak Karmal is said to be of Kashmiri origin. The truth is that no major region in Afghanistan has been spared from individuals who've engaged in sin. My own ethnic region of Kandahar produced many die-hard Communists, not to mention Paktia, Ghazni, Jallalabad, etc...

As for my own personal views, I am literally a living antidote to Communism, let alone being one. I can tell you all about how Marx was a good for nothing scoundrel who plagiarized from Hegel while living off on Engel's inheritance. I can burst your ear-drums about the crimes of Communism from Europe to China, Muslim Pakistan’s higher than mountains ally. To me, Communism and all its manifestations such as Al Assad's Syria, Mubarak’s Egypt, Gaddafi's Libya, Russia's Putin, not to mention the military dictatorship of Pakistan, are collectively the embodiment of man-gods. Those who cowardly tolerate them effectively shun God as they embrace servitude. History is replete with these scoundrel regimes which grab power through rosy ideologies, hypocritical religious vitriol, and inheritance from other Tyrannies. If Pakistanis were indeed as brave as you claim to be and hence feared only God, then the people therein would have long ago overthrown their military elite…………do you agree?

Again, it should concern you that your country invites other countries to solve it's mess. Your country is being rebuilt only to be destroyed again, yet the people of Afghanistan are too short-sighted to see any of it. For a few buildings in Kabul your society has been ruined. Look at the drugs, the bachabazi, and the corruption. The Pashtuns of Pakistan have seen what Afghan culture brings into Pakistan and they want nothing to do with it. Do you think they dislike Afghans because a Punjabi has commanded them to? In fact Punjabis are less anti-Afghan than most Pashtuns are. Afghanistan has now sold out it's future to the Indians, the Chinese, the Americans, and anyone else that can drop a few coins in their lap.

To be honest, it's disheartening to see as a neighbor and brother Muslim country.

Again, it should concern you that your country invites other countries to solve it's mess. Your country is being rebuilt only to be destroyed again, yet the people of Afghanistan are too short-sighted to see any of it. For a few buildings in Kabul your society has been ruined. Look at the drugs, the bachabazi, and the corruption. The Pashtuns of Pakistan have seen what Afghan culture brings into Pakistan and they want nothing to do with it. Do you think they dislike Afghans because a Punjabi has commanded them to? In fact Punjabis are less anti-Afghan than most Pashtuns are. Afghanistan has now sold out it's future to the Indians, the Chinese, the Americans, and anyone else that can drop a few coins in their lap.

To be honest, it's disheartening to see as a neighbor and brother Muslim country.

First of all, you're not my "brother". Secondly, as I've written to you elsewhere, "drugs" and "bachabazi" have existed in Afghanistan from way back. Regarding drugs, the word "assassin" entered the English language from "Hashisheen", which was the name for elite assassins of the Persian army high in Hashish. Therefore drugs are not new to Afghanistan. As for the high rate of addictions today, it correlated with the loss of hope under the oppression of chaos and war, which in itself was fuelled by our regional enemies, namely our Pakistani "brethren". I’ll have you know that most of the addicts took up the habit as refugees in Iran and Pakistan.

As for "bachabazi", if only the rears of your ancestors could talk, they'd have implored with you to stop harassing my people long ago. But even still, the practice is despicable although common from Central Asia to Iraq and Turkey. It was on the decline as Afghan culture was liberalizing itself but surfaced again with the rise of the ignorant Mullahs and the social restrictions they brought with them. With the Taliban puppets of Pakistan having been kicked out, normality is returning and the practice will be effectively on the wane and successfully outlawed again, inshAllah.

As for our brethren in Pakistan, I personally know you do not speak for all of them nor care to. However, the years of war in Afghanistan negatively affected the perceptions of some towards Afghanistan no less than many within the country. For one thing, some of them actually believe that the Communists are in power again in Kabul. They'll figure it out eventually and will come around....many already have.

As for the Americans, we didn't invite them, for they flew in as they recognized a clear threat to them brewing in the region, exasperated by 9-11. Given the deplorable state that Afghanistan found herself in, how could we possibly have ignored them when they promised to help us secure our country while eliminating the Pakistani aggression in the aftermath of the Soviet defeat? Moreover, our national interests for the region are mutually beneficial. They know what they’re doing and so do Afghans.

Pakistan was nothing but a slave state to colonial Britain, but you’ve done so well out of it that for the first time in your people’s pathetic history, you’ve managed to threaten Afghanistan. The Americans exercise their power all over the world and have established military bases in about 140 nations, but they are not arrogant Colonialists. They actually use far more soft power than the brute force available to them. Best of all, with the bulk of their forces leaving, they’ll go back to helping Afghans modernize our military as advisers and supplier, which is something Afghanistan had asked for since the 1920’s. Make sense?

First of all, you're not my "brother". Secondly, as I've written you elsewhere, "drugs" and "bachabazi" have existed from way back. As for drugs, the word "assassin" entered the English language from "Hashisheen", who were a group of elite assassins for the Persian army high in Hashish, therefore drugs are not new to Afghanistan. As for the high rate of addictions, it correlated with the loss of hope under the oppression of chaos and war, which in itself was fuelled by our regional enemies, namely our Pakistani "brothers".

As for "bachabazi", if only the rears of your ancestors could talk, they'd have implore with you to stop harrassing my people long ago. But even still, the act is dispicable although common from Central Asia to Iraq and Turkey. It was on the decline as Afghan culture was liberalizing itself but surfaced again with the rise of the Mullahs and the social restrictions they brought with them. With the Taliban puppets of Pakistan having been kicked out, normality is returning and the practice will be effectively on the wane and effectively outlawed.

It has actually increased just like the drug trade ever since the Taliban have been out of power. What do you know of my ancestry?

Even I do not know.

And you are talking about rear ends here? What is wrong with you? It is Ramzaan, yet you use this kind of language. Have shame.

It has actually increased just like the drug trade ever since the Taliban have been out of power. What do you know of my ancestry?

Even I do not know.

And you are talking about rear ends here? What is wrong with you? It is Ramzaan, yet you use this kind of language. Have shame.

Let me get this straight...YOU brought up "Bachabaazi" with reference to Afghanistan, but it's somehow insulting for me to politely reference it with "rear end"? I guess we Afghans have a broader threshold for humour than Pakistanis....either way, Ramazaan is about self-control as observed. Would you prefer that I join one of your Madrassas for an Islamic re-education, infused with Pakistan's world-view of alternative reality that celebrates murder, sevitude and oppression?

Let me get this straight...YOU brought up "Bachabaazi" with reference to Afghanistan, but it's somehow insulting for me to politely reference it with "rear end"? I guess we Afghans have a broader threshold for humour than Pakistanis....either way, Ramazaan is about self-control as observed. Would you prefer that I join one of your Madrassas for an Islamic re-education, infused with Pakistan's world-view of alternative reality that celebrates murder, sevitude and oppression?

Bachabaazi is a real problem in Afghanistan and we have seen it's effects in Pakistan as well. It is not as if I had called all Afghans bachabaaz.

Ironic that you would be one to talk about Madrassas at all. For "tough guys", you Afghans certainly play out the victim pretty well. Perhaps you have learned this trick from your Hindu friends that are eager to steal your resources. Oh and that too for a shiny building or two perhaps. It's a shame that you will be misled to hate Pakistan.

All of the refugees in our country seem to be in Pakistan and don't want to go back to LOY Afghanistan. Is that our fault as well?

It seems that our currency is used more than your own in your third largest city. Is that our fault as well?

You Afghans are going to get no where with this victim mentality. We are neighbors and should live in peace, however If the Afghans threaten our security you already know what is bound to happen.

.......you ought to know that Mountbatten was “charged with overseeing the transition of British India to independence no later than 1948”. .....

Yeap. poor lad wanted to be governor general of Pakistan too, but Pakistanis refused.

Your eagerness to please Indians, while denying the very existence of Pakistan is childish at best. Just like Indians cannot fathom the thought of Pakistan's existence, some Afghans suffer from the same mentality.

Here is what I wrote in another thread when some Pakistanis were crying about drone strikes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Americans want to leave this area tomorrow if not sooner. Then who is going to deal with all the mess left behind?

Afghanis? Yes you betcha. Most of the Afghanis supporting Karazahi will get the first ticket out of fghanistan and run to Pakistan.

Indians? Yeah till the fat lady sings and holy cows come home.

Then who is left to deal with the mess.

Pakistan Army. The very institution you are maligning at this very moment,.

PA is the last line of defense against Afghan hoards ransacking Pakistan and then heading to Indian territories.

you may laugh it now, but history clearly supports the dark future unless we wisen up.

This is time we all shared responsibility instead of jumping up and down for or against drone strikes.

Peace in Afghanistan is not American responsibly. It is the OUR responsibility.

Few things we must do right away.

1. Afghanis: You need to finalize the border with Pakistan. Doesn't matter if it was drawn by Goras or Kalas or Browns. Border is border and it is time to fix it. and make it a real border that should be monitored and protected by both Afghans and us. If a tribe lives on our side of the border, he must carry Pak ID and passport before crossing into Afghanistan. The same goes for tribes on Afghanistan border. A country must protect its border, just like a family has to protect the boundary of their house. No one should be allowed to cross it without specific permission.

2. Indians. It is time to end playing games with Pakistani security. Pull the fing troops out Siachin and come back to the table for negotiated settlement. You can't go on living in fools world.

3. Pakistanis. We have the maximum to loose under current circumstances. We must settle border with Afganis and with Indians. LOC at the moment is de-facto border. Let's make it permanent. What is done, is done. Our weakest borders are on the West. we must modernize these. Biometrics and the whole shebang must be used. If Afghanis resist as they did few years ago, we must raise the issue in the UN.

It is time to get serious. Moaning about drone strike is eunuch behavior. We must quit it if we want to show the world that we are men.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Pakistan takes missteps, I'll be the first one to accept the fault.

I hope you as an Afghani do the same.

That's all

peace.

Disclaimer: No person or religion or nationality was intentionally or unintentionally harmed in this post. (PITA approved!)

Bachabaazi is a real problem in Afghanistan and we have seen it's effects in Pakistan as well. It is not as if I had called all Afghans bachabaaz.

Ironic that you would be one to talk about Madrassas at all. For "tough guys", you Afghans certainly play out the victim pretty well. Perhaps you have learned this trick from your Hindu friends that are eager to steal your resources. Oh and that too for a shiny building or two perhaps. It's a shame that you will be misled to hate Pakistan.

All of the refugees in our country seem to be in Pakistan and don't want to go back to LOY Afghanistan. Is that our fault as well?

It seems that our currency is used more than your own in your third largest city. Is that our fault as well?

You Afghans are going to get no where with this victim mentality. We are neighbors and should live in peace, however If the Afghans threaten our security you already know what is bound to happen.

Down boy, down...If you think we need the Indians to "mislead" us into acknowledging you as our sworn enemies, then you have a head so thick it makes the brick wall in front of me look like a thin sheet of paper. There has never been any friendship between Afghanistan and Pakistan and nor will there ever be one. Your views are a product of lies and indoctrination, courtesy of the Colonial imposed military run slavery known as "Pakistan". The so called "afghan leaders" that your rulers have sought to impose on Afghanistan were not a product of our choice but yours. Your Gulbudeen Hekmatyar was defeated by Massoud's forces and that's saying something, given his own lack of broad constituency. Your useful idiots known as the Taliban only succeeded in progressing as far as they did through the force of deceit over an exhausted population. But even still, Mullah Omar was not safe from assassination attempts and the so called "Northen Alliance" had already expanded into a national movement by including Pashtun Mujahedeen leaders such as Abdul Haq and opening communications with Zahir Shah. When the Americans began to attack the Taliban, it was Abdul Haq who sought to negotiate a non-military intervention only from the Americans, as he only requested weapons and advice from them in defeating the enemy. Yet he was prematurely assassinated by an ISI mole through the Haqqanis. That was one mistake on the part of your rulers that secured a large American military footprint instead, hence a result you will live to regret, for we did not end up fighting the Americans as you had hoped we would.

When the Soviets left our country with their tails between their legs, many Afghans were earnestly talking about working with Pakistan to bury the hatchet. However, they never anticipated that your rulers would go as low as they did, thinking instead that they've to make it up to you somehow. Yet what they never realized is that the Soviets had already begun signaling to Pakistan their intention to leave Afghanistan as far back as 1983. In other words, the war could have ended much earlier with a peaceful transition back to the then popular Afghan king. Yet Pakistan in particular sought to ignore the Russian signals, preferring instead to prolong the war and Afghanistan's suffering. When the Soviets eventually did leave, you again pushed your useful idiot - Hekmatyar - to destroy the Mujahedeen government. When he was defeated, then came the Taliban....and it went on and goes on....

These my friend are acts conducted by an enemy and hence a declaration of war by Pakistan.

You don't say....do you suppose it'll be as bad as the attack on the Pakistan Naval Station at Mehran?

Try mouthing off at an Afghan with your thick Pakistani accent about what you will and will not "allow" him to do....just one Afghan....baby steps first....take it as a learning experience....

A couple of years ago some Afghan came into my mosque. He was a Pathan and me and him got to talking. When he found out I was Pakistani he started ranting about how we stole Pashtun areas from Afghanistan. I told that guy that all of Afghanistan is a part of Pakistan. You wanna know what he did? Nothing he just pouted like a depressed child and walked away. He was just one Afghan. :rolleyes:

Down boy, down...If you think we need the Indians to "mislead" us into acknowledging you as our sworn enemies, then you have a head so thick it makes the brick wall in front of me look like a thin sheet of paper. There has never been any friendship between Afghanistan and Pakistan and nor will there ever be one. Your views are a product of lies and indoctrination, courtesy of the Colonial imposed military run slavery known as "Pakistan". The so called "afghan leaders" that your rulers have sought to impose on Afghanistan were not a product of our choice but yours. Your Gulbudeen Hekmatyar was defeated by Massoud's forces and that's saying something, given his own lack of broad constituency. Your useful idiots known as the Taliban only succeeded in progressing as far as they did through the force of deceit over an exhausted population. But even still, Mullah Omar was not safe from assassination attempts and the so called "Northen Alliance" had already expanded into a national movement by including Pashtun Mujahedeen leaders such as Abdul Haq and opening communications with Zahir Shah. When the Americans began to attack the Taliban, it was Abdul Haq who sought to negotiate a non-military intervention only from the Americans, as he only requested weapons and advice from them in defeating the enemy. Yet he was prematurely assassinated by an ISI mole through the Haqqanis. That was one mistake on the part of your rulers that secured a large American military footprint instead, hence a result you will live to regret, for we did not end up fighting the Americans as you had hoped we would.

When the Soviets left our country with their tails between their legs, many Afghans were earnestly talking about working with Pakistan to bury the hatchet. However, they never anticipated that your rulers would go as low as they did, thinking instead that they've to make it up to you somehow. Yet what they never realized is that the Soviets had already begun signaling to Pakistan their intention to leave Afghanistan as far back as 1983. In other words, the war could have ended much earlier with a peaceful transition back to the then popular Afghan king. Yet Pakistan in particular sought to ignore the Russian signals, preferring instead to prolong the war and Afghanistan's suffering. When the Soviets eventually did leave, you again pushed your useful idiot - Hekmatyar - to destroy the Mujahedeen government. When he was defeated, then came the Taliban....and it went on and goes on....

These my friend are acts conducted by an enemy and hence a declaration of war by Pakistan.

So do something. In the words of the ex prime minister of Pakistan.

AbcAl.jpg

In his position as the President of Russia Putin cannot possible troll. He is rightfully asking NATO to bottle up the fanatics in Afghanistan. If they win over NATO the fanatics will spread their fight to the neighbouring Muslim countries and to a part of Muslim regions of Russia and China. Putin may feel it is necessary to defeat fanatism in the land that initiated fanatism, albeit, with USSR push decades ago.

You've got it right. Putin (in spite of a lack of enthusiasm for anything American) is a Realist. Maybe its something to do with his KGB heritage (they were the least indoctrinated of the Soviet apparatchik) but he knows that the region is plagued with fanatics. And he does'nt want them playing around on his door-step.

After the NATO draw-down in Afghanistan (BTW, the American presence will not end, only reduce) there will be a substantial re-arrangement of players and interests in and WRT Afghanistan. USA and Russia will come to an understanding (tacit or otherwise) to set up their respective 'spheres of influence' to control Afghanistan and keep a lid on matters. Post 9/11, Pakistan hoped to have an understanding with USA on 'bi-lateral terms'. But time and events moved on. The initiative has been wrested from Pakistan now; 'multiple players with multiple interests' will be accommodated in Afghanistan without any doubt.

China has similar issues as Russia has, however since both Russia and USA are wary of China's game-plan yet; how Chinese interests will be accommodated is still unclear.

However, the biggest surprise will be how eventually Iran will be taken on board later! That is how Afghanistan will finally be stabilised. Because the world at large needs Afghanistan to be stabilised.

But some-body's dream of 'strategic depth' in Afghanistan will remain still-born.

A couple of years ago some Afghan came into my mosque. He was a Pathan and me and him got to talking. When he found out I was Pakistani he started ranting about how we stole Pashtun areas from Afghanistan. I told that guy that all of Afghanistan is a part of Pakistan. You wanna know what he did? Nothing he just pouted like a depressed child and walked away. He was just one Afghan. :rolleyes:

And you know what? after he left I saw him doing this:

ROFL.gif

Back
Top Bottom