What's new

Re-unification of Sub-Continent

Is re-unification of Sub-Continent possible?

• Let's reunify Sub-Continent

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Stay as divided countries

Votes: 59 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you think there is any possibility of re-unification of Sub-Continent? Will you support it? What would be the impact of this on the world? I am starting this thread because of the text I wrote somewhere on the internet by a Hindu person.

"I was about 5-6 years old when India or specifically Punjab was divided into two parts. There were more
Muslim
brethren than Sikh and Hindus in our village. My father was saved by a Muslim (Noor Mohamed Sahib) who taught in the primary school of our village. The attackers were misguided persons during the
month of March- August 1947. I want to pay my homage to him and many good persons like him of all three religions, who risked their own lives to save others. India and Pakistan had fought three wars which have resulted in grave consequences. The Kashmir problem is still not resolved and one India prior to August 1947 is now broken into three pieces (countries). It is my intuition in my humble opinion, that there are significant portion of the population which wish to be reunited. Apart from Kashmir issue there is a diversity of religions. I view that during this time travel of 65 years, situations have changed, Moreover, many sub castes are commonly found among Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs which bears out the fact that we have same
ancestry. It is certain that standard of living in the sub-continent will be much improved if the reunification were to occur.There is an urgent need to voice your opinion to the politicians and to the public of the three countries of the sub-continent. This may be achieved through the establishment of association and to create awareness among the public to achieve the goal of reunification. It is an uphill task and will be a long struggle. Like all virtuous causes it will be worth the effort. If you have any thought or good idea, kindly comment."

What are your opinion on this one? Your votes are not public.

LOL I don't want it.

I dont have any problem with this if everyone is ready to forget illness called religion and unite under one umbrella of humanity ..

Well,just the thing that it seems far from reality.No world power will allow it.No one..that is even ignoring the fact that subcontinental people will probably never be mature enough for that.I think some of the posts in this thread points to that.
That's why we need mature people to handle this and this is our land we can do anything we want no one can intervene.

That is an alternative history map. The real map is:
80b4072ec53c6d12f45cc030e94fa0b5.gif

India will break up in the future. No one wants to join a sinking ship.

I dont have any problem with this if everyone is ready to forget illness called religion and unite under one umbrella of humanity ..
USSR had no official religion, hence they were good at everything. If we could make no religion official, but give rights to people of every religion, change our education system, teach our next generation to respect people of other religion, than we can achieve more than what we can imagine.

That's why we need mature people to handle this and this is our land we can do anything we want no one can intervene.
Oh well,just don't forget to give us mongoloid people out of this union.:partay:

Do you think there is any possibility of re-unification of Sub-Continent? Will you support it? What would be the impact of this on the world? I am starting this thread because of the text I wrote somewhere on the internet by a Hindu person.

"I was about 5-6 years old when India or specifically Punjab was divided into two parts. There were more
Muslim
brethren than Sikh and Hindus in our village. My father was saved by a Muslim (Noor Mohamed Sahib) who taught in the primary school of our village. The attackers were misguided persons during the
month of March- August 1947. I want to pay my homage to him and many good persons like him of all three religions, who risked their own lives to save others. India and Pakistan had fought three wars which have resulted in grave consequences. The Kashmir problem is still not resolved and one India prior to August 1947 is now broken into three pieces (countries). It is my intuition in my humble opinion, that there are significant portion of the population which wish to be reunited. Apart from Kashmir issue there is a diversity of religions. I view that during this time travel of 65 years, situations have changed, Moreover, many sub castes are commonly found among Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs which bears out the fact that we have same
ancestry. It is certain that standard of living in the sub-continent will be much improved if the reunification were to occur.There is an urgent need to voice your opinion to the politicians and to the public of the three countries of the sub-continent. This may be achieved through the establishment of association and to create awareness among the public to achieve the goal of reunification. It is an uphill task and will be a long struggle. Like all virtuous causes it will be worth the effort. If you have any thought or good idea, kindly comment."

What are your opinion on this one? Your votes are not public.

Nice thread Bro.:-)

But unfortunately thats not going to happen in near future .Sad But it is the reality .
May we can see a EU type set up in future but reunification is next to impossible to happen.
Main reason is our past 67 years history .Perhaps Indian Muslims will oppose this severly than their Hindu brothers.Because they will lose their present privilege in this secular nation .Other religious groups will always oppose such an opposition.It is a human psychology .And the guy who wrote that experience represented an earlier generation in India .I dont know about Pakistan or Bangladesh .But our generations ,youths born after 1980s and 1990s including dont have any distant relation with others nations in this subcontinent and they represent more than 60% in India.We grew up by learning present boundaries and history .
Even our new PM Modi is also born just after 1947 .
Damage is done .We cant change our peoples mentality even after 100 years

You missed terrorists, cowards, fanatics, savages, murderers, suicide bombers, bilawal bhuttos, zardaris, Donatellos etc.

India already has them in abudance, called the Indian Army, Modi, Sharad Pawar, Rapists, lunatics like Thackeray and Arnab Goswani. RSS, VHP, NJP, Shiv Sena and maoists....

Hmm....

A border is just a line than can never really separate the people who were together for 1000's of years. Indian Muslims seems very happy in India we and Bangladeshi Muslims will be equally happy.The immense resources, manpower, cultural, geographic diversity, science and technology, a champion cricket team....and so much more. Sub-Continent will be next superpower after USA, China. As a matter of fact, Pakistanis, India and Bangladeshi's are the same. Focused on earning bread and butter, we don't really have the time to hate India.Its the bloody terrorists and politicians right from 1947 who have created hatred and rhetoric in our countries. I'm sure if we were happy together before 1947, then we can be equally happy (maybe more) after reunification.

If Pakistan gets the right leaders Pakistan can beat India hands down in all fields.

If Pakistan gets the right leaders Pakistan can beat India hands down in all fields.
No top-down approach can be this radical. There are stark differences in the way Indians and Pakistanis operate. Your concept of popular accountability is still very feudal. There is an immense influx of religion in almost every walk of life. A very low percentage of your already small GDP goes towards R&D and education. There is severe communal instability. Crimes against women are very high and female literacy shockingly low. While many of these afflictions apply generally to the sub-continent, things just take a nose-dive in Pakistan. I stable Pakistan is better for us. Economic competition doesnt kill.

@faisal6309 r u demented or what. they are shelling villagers in sialkot then u come up with this ga.y idea? all hindus should repeat kalima, believe in one Allah and give up idol worship, then we can think about this retarded question.

but this 'reunification' (misnomer, india was never united) garbage aside, which for some reason gets re-hashed every year or so, nobody wants reunification in both countries. we are all content with what we have. only kashmiris should be given referendum.

after kashmir is resolved, then we can start pursuing what quaid e azam and nehru had in mind, i.e. u.s.-canada type relationship, visa-less travel, free trade with safeguards etc. under some European union-kind of frame work for all south asian countries. but that is too far down the line, if at all, to even consider as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom