What's new

Rape victim who set herself ablaze dies

@Jazzbot

Did you fail Statistics in school?

KPK has an estimated total population of 28M. Punjab 101M. You think both provinces should have the same amount of Murders, Rapes and Thefts?

No wonder we are falling behind. Our kids can't do simple Math.

@Jazzbot

KPK has an estimated total population of 28M. Punjab 101M. You think both provinces should have the same amount of Murders, Rapes and Thefts?

Now let's see some basic statistics...

Total population of Pakistan= 190 million (conservative estimate)

Population of Punjab= 101 million (as you said)

Percentage of total pop= 53%

Pop of KPK= 28 million (as you said)

Percentage of total pop= 14%

So going by your logic that the per capita incidence of crime (rape, murder etc) is same across Pakistan (irrespective of province), even then the crime rate is much much higher in Punjab than other provinces.

As an example, take incidences of rape. Now if we would be going by your logic, we would have a uniform incidence rate w.r.t population proportion, and Punjab should be having 53% of total rapes reported in the country, and KPK should be having 14%. But instead, Punjab has a whopping 83.22% share, with KPK at 4.04. A marked difference in the figures...same goes for dacoity and gang rape and thefts...the only exception is the murder rate, which is understandable considering the proximity of KPK to the tribal areas and taking in other factors.

Even without going through the above simple calculations, one could clearly see that the incidence rate in Punjab is much higher than in KPK, even after incorporating the pop proportion.

No need to pass statistics in school to infer some facts from those figures, all it takes is common sense and some neutrality.

Now let's see some basic statistics...

Total population of Pakistan= 190 million (conservative estimate)

Population of Punjab= 101 million (as you said)

Percentage of total pop= 53%

Pop of KPK= 28 million (as you said)

Percentage of total pop= 14%

So going by your logic that the per capita incidence of crime (rape, murder etc) is same across Pakistan (irrespective of province), even then the crime rate is much much higher in Punjab than other provinces.

As an example, take incidences of rape. Now if we would be going by your logic, we would have a uniform incidence rate w.r.t population proportion, and Punjab should be having 53% of total rapes reported in the country, and KPK should be having 14%. But instead, Punjab has a whopping 83.22% share, with KPK at 4.04. A marked difference in the figures...same goes for dacoity and gang rape and thefts...the only exception is the murder rate, which is understandable considering the proximity of KPK to the tribal areas and taking in other factors.

Even without going through the above simple calculations, one could clearly see that the incidence rate in Punjab is much higher than in KPK, even after incorporating the pop proportion.

No need to pass statistics in school to infer some facts from those figures, all it takes is common sense and some neutrality.
@Jango

do you realize how many different variables can impact the above numbers? Let's look at rapes. Did they occur in cities or rural areas? If they occurred in rural areas, did the wadera culture have a significant impact on them? How many rapes went unreported? Is the unreported percentage same across provinces?

Etc etc.

The numbers should be shown in a neutral manner and they werent in the original post. On top of that, only certain categories were cherrypicked from thenews article to place Punjab in a worst light.

You want to have a conversation about this, let's have a proper conversation on it. Not a political one where numbers and facts are twisted.

@Jazzbot

Gosh, you lazy arses.

I did a split percentage based on the crimes. However, I've provided the source from where I got all those stats, go ahead and do something yourself and see what is the percentage by population. You'll be astonished to see Punjab topping the charts again.

I've made my point, those stats were just for reference. Stop pretending like a math teacher, I assumed you guys are smart enough to comprehend from basic stats and conclude. I guess you are an exception.

Well I wish luck to the teacher who have try teaching you
1-The rape cases in KPK mostly never reach police, like Bhatta Parchiyan, Its basically because the Government and Law enforcement is restricted to Peshawar. So whenever there's a attack or incident in KPK, the first folks to get kicked out of scene are the policemen.
2- Women don't feature much in rape cases in KPK...If you know what I am saying.

Here we go again, with "Main na manu" mantra from Nooni once again. Why don't you back your :blah: with some credible stats or just shut up and move on?

Forget about those cases who don't get filed, let just talk about those that got the attention of Khadim-e-Aala and see what happened?

Precisely, following cases which got all the media coverage and attention of super duper CM Punjab aka Nadim-e-Aala aka Showbaz Sharif aka Photo Ops expert aka Notice taken then nothing.. Let me know what happened to these cases:

Notices everywhere, but nothing practical to give justice to victims. Shove all these notices up your rear side and enjoy.

10469689_530379617113738_6013958090181943622_n.jpg

Last edited:
@Jango

do you realize how many different variables can impact the above numbers? Let's look at rapes. Did they occur in cities or rural areas? If they occurred in rural areas, did the wadera culture have a significant impact on them? How many rapes went unreported? Is the unreported percentage same across provinces?

Etc etc.

The numbers should be shown in a neutral manner and they werent in the original post. On top of that, only certain categories were cherrypicked from thenews article to place Punjab in a worst light.

You want to have a conversation about this, let's have a proper conversation on it. Not a political one where numbers and facts are twisted.

See, you are changing your argument now.

First you attacked the poster by saying if he 'passed statistics in school'. Now when your statistical argument (which was based on population proportion) has been proven false, you are coming onto the social and societal factors...

Statistics doesn't care about all the 'different variables' as you call them...it only looks at the end result and then processes those numbers objectively. Examining those 'different variables' has got nothing to do with statistics, as you so claimed when you went personal with the poster.

Had your original argument been regarding the societal factors involved rather than simple statistics, it would have been something else.

So please don't change goal posts.

A proper conversation will begin once you accept the fallacy of your 'population proportion' argument.

BTW, here is your original post:

@Jazzbot

Last I checked, Maths doesn't deal with social issues but only the numbers presented.

@Jazzbot

seriously shame on u , u dont even know basic maths and percentage calculations.... dont know what pind of usa u came from and u have bloody audacity to tell pakistanis they are falling behind because they cant do stats...right. u are a shame on usa's education system which produces some great minds...that it barfed out a mind that cant understand and read a very simple post including required stats. and this is a journalistic report not jazzbots personal effort. I am feeling bad for america for hosting noobs as urself. their future seems dark as long as narrowminded ,unintelligent ppl like u are going to live there.

@Jango @A.M @Jazzbot
From My Personal Experience after doing Avragardi in Pakistan.
"In rural Areas most of time rape victim would a poor man's respect,all Muzer's,Hari's and bonded poor labors suffer from it.Vader's and chaudris consider Rape as a Trophy.In Baluchistan and KPK this ratio is very low but 70% cases in these areas never reach to Govt Level.All of these scums have political support from any noon or toon party.
In city Areas most of rape victim are house maids and girl friends."
The main reason behind that is Political System which is based on oppression,There are chances of Justice for any Rape victim are less then 20%.
Some Prominent cases.
1)Mansehra,a girl was raped by five men.
2)In Punjab a 12th grade student set herself ablaze when Police sided with her perpetrators.
3)Sumbal Rape case.
The fact is that because of no Justice for victim such crimes are increasing.Govt is sleeping,we should stop it before we are standing with India.

@Jango @A.M @Jazzbot
From My Personal Experience after doing Avragardi in Pakistan.
"In rural Areas most of time rape victim would a poor man's respect,all Muzer's,Hari's and bonded poor labors suffer from it.Vader's and chaudris consider Rape as a Trophy.In Baluchistan and KPK this ratio is very low but 70% cases in these areas never reach to Govt Level.All of these scums have political support from any noon or toon party.
In city Areas most of rape victim are house maids and girl friends."
The main reason behind that is Political System which is based on oppression,There are chances of Justice for any Rape victim are less then 20%.
Some Prominent cases.
1)Mansehra,a girl was raped by five men.
2)In Punjab a 12th grade student set herself ablaze when Police sided with her perpetrators.
3)Sumbal Rape case.
The fact is that because of no Justice for victim such crimes are increasing.Govt is sleeping,we should stop it before we are standing with India.

I agree that many such cases never get filed in remote areas of Baluchistan, or far fetched areas of KPK. But I'm not talking about how many cases get filed in which province etc.

What I am saying, out of the cases that get filed in police stations what is the percentage of them getting the justice they deserve? I've shown in my last post how Shahbaz Sharif has been busy taking notices of such cases for past 7+ years but in the end those cases along with their photo oped notices got buried somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom